Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Firefly/MLP crossover drawings

Frith is Magick

The headshapes are good, the bodies look a bit stiff. Pay attention to the the necks (they should get thinner towards the neck). The eyes could use some more shading/gradient. The legs of the frontlegs of the left changeling are a bit wonky (that being said, front perspective is tricky for ponies). Lay out the placements of the hoove early, to avoid perspective weirdness from occuring.

The face is well done, the rest needs woork.   Overall I'd say this ha#s the look of being build up as flat forms, rather than being constructed as threedimensional shapes, if that makes any sense.   Keep up the good work.

I see what you mean about the bodies seeming stiff. I'm not sure how to fix it, but it merits attention in future drawings. Front view is still an area where I am far behind, it just never seems to turn out right. Thank you for pointing out the neck, I had trouble making it look natural, now I know why. With what you said about placing hooves, unless I misunderstand, rather than working outward joint by joint I should place the hoof and proceed to fill in the leg while accounting for anatomy and perspective. 

As for the one of Fluttershy, looking at it again, the problem of it seeming two dimensional seems to arise from lazy shading, if that is what you were getting at. I won't lie or make excuses, some of the body, especially the wings, were rushed and done quite sloppily.

I can't say this enough, you give some of the best critique on this site, thank you.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...