Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most Addicting Game You've Ever Played?

CosmicHooves

The first time I played Rune Factory: Frontier (Wii) - which is like a mix of farming sim, dating sim, and fantasy dungeon crawler - I played 12 straight hours.  I logged well over 100 hours before I even "beat" it.  I'm...  Afraid to buy another RF game lol; I imagine a similar addiction would overtake me.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U).  Many "hunters" would probably scoff at this number, but I'm fairly certain I've logged something like 200 hours.  And if I'd bought the darn thing digitally it would probably be even higher.

Skyrim.  One of only two games I ever got a Plat for.  After pouring 100+ hours into the game, I realized I couldn't get this one trophy due to either a glitch or mistake on my part.  So I started a second file from scratch in order to redo a certain series of quests.  Ironically, I couldn't care less about trophies anymore lol.  (I was "robbed" of one Plat in another game because of ONE stupid little thing I was missing.  Blah!  And too many of them are things like: Oh, kill 100 of this one enemy you see twice in the game with a weapon you don't ever have ammo for.)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The first time I played Rune Factory: Frontier (Wii) - which is like a mix of farming sim, dating sim, and fantasy dungeon crawler - I played 12 straight hours.  I logged well over 100 hours before I even "beat" it.  I'm...  Afraid to buy another RF game lol; I imagine a similar addiction would overtake me.

I got this game because my cousin had been playing it when I was at his house. I became interested in the relationship building since I had also been playing the Persona games which have their own relationship building systems.

I should probably play it again sometime. I'll probably restart. I wasn't all that far anyway and it's been long enough.

As a side note: If you like a game with some dungeon crawling and some relationship building you could try out Conception II (if you have a 3DS or Vita, that is). It's very similar to the Persona games but with much more focus on the relationship building.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

As a side note: If you like a game with some dungeon crawling and some relationship building you could try out Conception II (if you have a 3DS or Vita, that is). It's very similar to the Persona games but with mmuch more focus on the relationship building.

Hmmm...  Thanks!  I'll look into it.  Right now, sadly, I've no money for games because...  Mario Kart 8 is eating it all. xD

Personally, TF2 and Doom  can be really addictive, at least for me.
I remember playing Doom all day without doing anything else  :muffins:

WoW. Took over more than 5 years of my life... And now I'm back to it.

Hahaha, you playing the new patch today? I was tempted to go back on it as my exams are now almost over!

For me WoW was addicting, but atleast I could quit. Now Tribal Wars, man thats addicting!

Now for any brony who was born in the eighties you might remember Chip's Challenge from 1989, I first played it on an old Windows PC, I could spend hours on this game, it was filled with puzzles, mazes and monsters, and with limited time you had to solve each level, now I can play it again on the internet.

I wasn't born until 1997, but I did get to play that quite a bit. It was fun, but quite challenging at points. I did get to about level 33 or so.

But I got really addicted by Team Fortress 2. Dammit Gabe Newell, WHY ARE YOU TAKING MY LIFE OVER? But, back to it.

I got addicted to TF2 because of the hilarious cast of characters, and it has well balanced, fast paced, and overally the most addictive game I've ever played. Almost 700 hours of play, in LESS THAN 1 YEAR.

Any game that has stealth/critical thinking in it, I WOULD BE TOTALLY ADDICTED TO IT.

Tom Clancy: Splinter Cell (ANY SPLINTERCELL)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Far Cry 3

Assassins Creed (1-4, and I will sure definitely play the 5th one when it's released)

Thief

Portal 1& 2 (Portal 3 Confirmed)

And many more

But Minecraft and Garry's Mod stand out of all those (I would be even more addicted to Garry's Mod if I just had a few friends I can play with and goof around with :/ )

• Brohoof 1

World of Warcraft. I must have been playing on and off for like 8 years. Apart from that, I'm around 200 hours in to Skyrim. Modding makes the already huge game practically immortal for me.

Hahaha, you playing the new patch today? I was tempted to go back on it as my exams are now almost over!

For me WoW was addicting, but atleast I could quit. Now Tribal Wars, man thats addicting!

Yep. Not like the new patch has done anything for me since I'm behind in content atm but I uploaded it at least.

(edited)

As of now, its World of Warcraft.............in addition, Halo.

Phantasy Star Online. I spent a ton of time on that game, far more than I should've. No regrets. ^_^

YES!!!!!!  I am obsessed with that game.  Shame though, it didn't return to the consoles.    PSO: Episode 1&2 Plus on the GC was just......wow, :D

Edited by Thunder-Wing
  • Brohoof 1

Now for any brony who was born in the eighties you might remember Chip's Challenge from 1989, I first played it on an old Windows PC, I could spend hours on this game, it was filled with puzzles, mazes and monsters, and with limited time you had to solve each level, now I can play it again on the internet.

Aww yeah, Microsoft Entertainment Pack. I remember first playing it on display computers at Price Club.

Minesweeper

I get bored real fast that pretty much every newly released game will have a hard time to keep me occupied, but somehow Minesweeper never have that problem :P

img-2656380-1-GFhA48P.gif

Looking at the picture more closely I think the one that initially says "pick me" is the bomb. You know that 212 combo right above it? There can only be one next to that 1 and both 2s already have one next to it. The bottom 2 only has two choices.

I could still be wrong but I got a good feeling about it.

Yes, I sometimes take too many chances in Minesweeper. Can't help it when there's not enough information to know which one to click next. :P

• Brohoof 1

Minesweeper

I get bored real fast that pretty much every newly released game will have a hard time to keep me occupied, but somehow Minesweeper never have that problem :P

img-2656380-1-GFhA48P.gif

I played Heart Gold and Soul Silver- I hardly ever beaten it because of game corner version of this game. It is addicting.
  • Brohoof 1

Looking at the picture more closely I think the one that initially says "pick me" is the bomb. You know that 212 combo right above it? There can only be one next to that 1 and both 2s already have one next to it. The bottom 2 only has two choices.

I could still be wrong but I got a good feeling about it.

Yes, I sometimes take too many chances in Minesweeper. Can't help it when there's not enough information to know which one to click next. :P

If you play minesweeper for a while you can get so good at it jsut from recognising things like you said. It's a very fun game, but I dislike that sometimes you just get unlucky and have to just gamble :x