Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most Addicting Game You've Ever Played?

CosmicHooves

Well I've played World of Warcraft since its release, but without counting that probably Dark Souls, no matter how much you get pissed off at that game, you always crawl back to it...

Another addicting game is Age of Empires II and the expansion, I can spend hours on this game, and I have installed this game on every PC I ever had, I first played this game back when if first came out in 2000, it belonged to my father, a year later when the Conquerors expansion was released I got my own Age of Empires II, and I have played it ever since, my brother is still addicted to this game too, we would spend hours playing the game together, we would both typically play the Britons, and if we were real bored we would play the campaigns, I can see that there are Age of Empire bronies, because I have seen fan made parodies of ponies in Age of Empires, which I think is pretty spectacular.

• Brohoof 1

I actually got pretty addicted to Civilization II the first time I played it. I've been meaning to get a new Civilization in the hopes the same thing happens.

When I was younger, I use to play a game called "Star Wars Jedi Knight JEdi Acedmy" for some reason I could not quite playing it, I played it for hours,hell, I still play it sometimes, guess I just like Star Wars. :wub:

World of Warcraft. A fair bit of my life was spent on it, but it fortunately never became an addiction. I played it more because my friends played it (this was back in vanilla) and we had a fair bit of fun. Interest started dropping a bit after the dark portal expansion was released, to my knowledge everyone's moved on.

(edited)

There are numerous games I have spent many hours on, but one game I don't think anyone else has mentioned so far is Europa Universalis IV.

One way to describe EU4 is that it's basically a significantly more complicated version of Civilization. The timeline extends from 1444 to 1821 in the vanilla game and you can play as pretty much any country even if they're quite obscure. The game's focus is alternate history and it's interesting what happens in the world when playing in different EU4 games; this is why the game is addicting. The only real complaint I can think of is one minor bug and the fact that the developers have not made a tutorial that explained the game thoroughly enough. I would definitely recommend especially those who love the Civilization series to try EU4 if you're wanting a strategy game that is more complicated, more grand and more rewarding to play. In Civ, an average game took somewhere between 5-8 hours whereas in EU4 I would say I normally spend +35 hours on a single save. I don't think I could go back to playing Civ after playing EU4.

Edited by Krovavaya Luna

At one point, I think at the age of 15 I was pretty addicted to World of Warcraft. It greatly reduced my time with real life friends (even on online chats I was barely ever availible as I just kept playing all the time) and overall I got sucked into that game so much that only time when I went out was when I was going to school. It was certainly not great time for me and I am really happy that eventually I got bored with it, because when I've reached max level there was nothing to do for me (honestly, I suck at MMOs so I am terrible in PvP combat). That is the reason why I don't really like playing MMO games. I don't want this story to repeat and from what I see You have to spend a lot of time with such game to actually achieve something. I can't afford that or losing my social life again, especially now when I work and have engineering studies. Besides there are better games anyway IMO that don't require You to spend 3 hours in a dungeon lol

Well, I've played Animal Crossing: New Leaf all but 5 days since it was released, which will have been a year ago next month. It's such a simple, laid-back game, that I can easily find myself playing it for an hour at a time even if I only meant to play for 5-10 minutes.

The only other game that I'd put up there is Sonic 2. I remember playing it back in the mid 90's on my Sega Genesis, and nearly 20 years later, I still enjoy playing it every few weeks.

That would be Runescape for me. A friend of mine introduced it. I played for hours and hours just leveling up skills and making profit since that was the only way to effectively play the game. Looking back, it was just a waste of time and took away quite a bit of my social life (if I had a social life at all) during my high school years.

Where to begin?

Oh....

Kingdom Hearts: A played the first on and  fell in love ith the series. I've played every game to date!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - SO ADDICTING

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Amazing game, hundreds of hours in this. With a new one on the way, Smash is Addicting stuff.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I say it's a mix between Tropico 4 and Dues Ex: Human Revolution. Tropico is so wonderfully hilarious and I love the sandbox feature, and Dues Ex is stealth-action in a really amazing environment and atmosphere.

Edited by iDeltaVelocity

No one's said pokemon? I can easily play any pokemon game for 100+ hours.

Minecraft, Borderlands, and Fire Emblem Awakening are honorable mentions. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm quite addicted to Team Fortress 2 at the moment. stupid sexy Medic......

And then there's always any of The Sims games, GTA, and Minecraft.

I'm usually a big fan of games with little or no direct goals. GTA and Minecraft especially, since its a big open world that you can roam and do whatever the hell you want.

Edited by crazitaco

I can totally agree if someone picked polemic. The original games never get old!

The last game that I played that I was really addicted to was MAG. It's been a while since I've felt any sort of magic when playing games. It just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Kudos to you for mentionjng Pokemon.

There's this little game I had like. Not really addicted to it, but I like it. Bunny Must Die.