Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing/Funny/Awesome Moments When Buying MLP Merchandise

GXPBlast

the only thing I ever bought was the Fluttershy Pack its a thing of cards a few Fluttershy cards and a Fluttershy poster I had my hoodie covering my eyes the entire time so i couldnt see there faces my guess they were thinking "Oh shit is this kid going to rob me" oh there was another time I was going to buy a MLP binder for school but it was $20 and I was thinking of getting a MLP backpack for school but they weren't in stock

I was at my local toy store the other day looking at MLP merchandise, a little girl ran up to me holding up a Rarity TY plush. I told her I liked her pony and that I had one like it at home (in reference to my Build a Bear Rarity). Her parents thought that was hilarious and that I was obviously joking around :lol: 

Ok one time...I swear this was awful...I was kinda embarrassed. I saw this fluttershy plush and I just had to have it cause well it's Fluttershy!! Was at a walmart and went to go buy it. this person finished up their stuff before me and the cashier gave me the meanest look as she scanned my pony and threw it in a bag. Then she proceeded to clean the counter like she was trying to wash away my purchase....I was very confused so I just paid and left. I never use that counter for check out ever now >.>;

• 1 year later...

For me, I'd say when I went to hot topic.

So I was looking for Walking Dead items (doesn't have to do with MLP, but relevant to story), and I suddenly see a Luna plushie.

I casually look around, and grab it from the basket thing it was in, and smoothly put it on the counter to pay.

Reaching in my pocket, the cashier asks me why I'm buying it.

I couldn't really think of anything, so I say it's for my sister.

My face was bright red, and pretty sure he knew I was lying.

After paying, I quickly walked out.

So I'm walking out of the store holding the bag like it's explosive.

How about you guys?

I couldn't really think of anything, so I say it's for my sister.

My face was bright red, and pretty sure he knew I was lying.

Nah, I doubt he knew that you were lying.  He probably just thought that you have the hots for your sister.  No biggie.  ;p

See? That's the one thing I'm afraid of. If I buy any pony merchandise, cashiers aren't stupid, they'll figure it out pretty quickly.

But in all honesty, I don't think he minded that much. Who knows? Maybe he was a Brony who wanted to coincidentally run into others?

Edited by Little Flyer

See? That's the one thing I'm afraid of. If I buy any pony merchandise, cashiers aren't stupid, they'll figure it out pretty quickly.

Aaaand then she'll start up a conversation with you about her favorite pony, and tell you how awesome you are for being a brony.  :love:

Aaaand then she'll start up a conversation with you about her favorite pony, and tell you how awesome you are for being a brony.  :love:

I wish I could believe that. I'm lucky enough that my girlfriend also watches MLP.

• Brohoof 1

I wish I could believe that. I'm lucky enough that my fillyfriend also watches MLP.

Wow, that's wonderful.  And you're worried about what some no-name cashier thinks about it?  Pfft, I wouldn't worry about, man.  You're already living the dream.

• Brohoof 1

I was at Gamestop a few days ago, looking for something to play on my Shreksbox 360, and they had a really good deal on the Funko Mystery Minis, so I got one. There was a girl working there who was really cool and helpful, even when my little sisters embarrassingly pointed out to her that I was a fan of the show. In any case, the entire staff was really cool, and I ended up leaving with that, and Alien: Isolation (which was used for $17, not bad). Gamestop, to me at least, has the best customer service I've ever experienced. They're really nice and cool. Makes sense, though, 'cuz who could be in a shitty mood working at such a sweet place? Anyways, I ended up getting a Shining Armor figure, which was pretty sweet. He then proceeded to join me in playing one of the coolest games I've played in a while, based on one of my favorite movie franchises. 'Twas a good day.

• Brohoof 1

I've never bought any MLP merch, so this is the closest thing I have:

A couple years ago, I was at the mall with my sister. We were standing in line waiting to pay for something, and there happened to be a display near the checkout with some MLP keychains on it. My sister jokingly said, "You should get a My Little Pony keychain". When I heard that, I immediately let out an awkward, nervous laugh, looked down at the floor, and could feel my face turning red. She doesn't know I'm a brony, but I wouldn't be surprised if she suspected something was up based on my reaction.

Embarrassing story?

...well a few months a ago.....

I was looking through the girl's section in Toy kingdom,

which is part of a chain of toy stores here in my country,

while looking for a pony plushie.

I found an "Okay" one and was about to walk to the cashier

when I suddenly came upon another man roughly my age grabbing a pinkie pie toy.

Me: Are you a Brony Too?! :D

Stranger: What?! I'm buying this for my niece.

Me:  Oh...y-..yeah...I'm buying this for ugh...my little sister o_o

Edited by Vulcan

Target and Wal-Mart cashiers tend to give me strange looks when I purchase blind bags. Nobody's asked, though.

I think the most awkward moment I've had was when I bought my Doctor Whooves plushie from Hot Topic about a year ago. The cashier definitely knew I was buying it for myself and gave me a rather odd look.

It's never been embarassing for me. The one time I walked into hot topic, it was in the middle of the day on a Thursday which was kind of random and there was no one there but the cashiers. They asked me why I was there and just said "My Little Pony"!'. They didn't do anything they just pointed out what they had, I payed for my lanyard and moved along.

The one moment someone did anything was at target when I had some brushables and a pinkie pie plush. She was an older lady and looked a little flustered I really don't care at this point. If people will be assholes about it so be it, I like mlp and I will do what I please.

The only experience I have of this was when I was in the lake district with my friend on a half term holiday. We were in Keswick and there was a hobby/toy shop in there. I ended up buying a brushable 3 inch pinkie pie. The cashier looked at me a little funny, but said nothing. (My friend on the other hand bought a Little Mermaid jigsaw puzzle)

• Brohoof 1

I bought a pinkie pie plushie (it was the only one I could find. Good luck she is my second favourite) and the shopkeeper was a bit weirded about so to avoid looking odd, I kept saying it was an xmas present for one of my friends and I had only a very few friends and I had to do what it took to keep them. I kept acting like I hated it but I regretted doing that and should have acted like "you got a problem with that?".