Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reaction to "Teens React To My Little Pony"

CosmicHooves

I love those reactions! Specifically the bronies react to the teenagers react. They were so right about so many things. And that guy at the end! "Brony babies and family's" xD Lol.

Also I never knew Adam became a brony. That's awesome. :D

• Brohoof 1

Ugh. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that "teens react" does a very good job of either representing a internet meme or social group, or representing the general thoughts and reactions of teenagers in general. Many teenagers on this show are incredibly close-minded, have quite similar, predictable un-inspired reactions, and genuinely disgust me with some of their responses.

Of course, it's not too surprising. They have to gather a very small group of teenagers from seemingly very similar backgrounds, and aren't given adequate information or coverage of the meme or group they are supposed to be reacting to. It seems that this show does tend to exist for the purpose of having predictable reactions that state the most closed-minded of responses which in the longer term can cause unfair damage to the very thing they are attempting to cover. It's a shame really, because there are very small minimal things they could do to improve this, yet they don't.

I understand why the show has it's appeal, and I don't go out of my way to shun their videos, but I have to voice my disapproval for it regardless. I don't particularly find it entertaining, and I think it can actually do a lot of harm both to the groups it represents, and even it's own teenagers that are being interviewed. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Because entertainment is fucked up and ofcourse they only show them the intro so that the response will be negative.

It wouldnt be an entertaining video (not that it is) if they in the end go ''jeez ive learnt so much today about not judging something before I see it and tolerating peoples interests. People should be able to do whatever they please without being judged or looked down upon''

some of the kids on that show arent braindead but some are.

Edited by SveciaDash

Put it simply, the video sucked. Showing just the intro is a poor representation of Friendship Is Magic.

Anyway, the theme song is awesome.

As a teenager myself, I can safely say that I am disappointed with most of my generation today.

However if I can throw my two cents in, these teens are some of the most close-minded, shallow people I've ever seen.

But, the problem is what was put in front of them. If you wanted a legitimate reaction from a normal teen and what they think of the show, you wouldn't show them just the title sequence alone. You might show them it, but then you could show them an episode or two. I think that's what the Fine Bros. should've done, instead of just going off of pure bias.

I laughed hard at 6:43-6:48 :lol:

Would have been better if they were shown different scenes from some of the episodes instead of just the intro. I never noticed that the FineBros said that the main thing they do is post pictures with captions. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

First of all... I think that the finebrothers did bad because they only let them see the most "girly" part of MLP.

And i got really mad, i watch the show for the good characters and animation and story.

And for the second of this is that some of them just went "ok i am going to watch this when i am coming home but some think of bronies as some kind of different people,

We are just normal persons that likes a show about talking ponies! :)

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty sure these videos are carefully scripted and staged.  The way the teenagers were acting was too stereotypical to be real (I know some teens are like that in real life, but the teens in the video felt like they were from one of those cheesy high school movies).  In addition, they were only shown the theme song and given a tiny, insignificant portion of what our fandom actually does.  Either it's all staged  and scripted or the FineBros were intentionally giving the teens a narrow view of the show because they wanted a bad response for the sake of popularity (in other words, they were trying to use hatred of Bronies to get more views.  And it worked).  

• Brohoof 2