Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moved to Elsewhere

All right after successfully paring up users and I decided to make a thread where I give advice on crushes. If you have a forum or real life crush, come to me and I'll give you crush advice on how to talk to them. If the crush is on the forums, you can choose to say their name or just keep the crush anonymous. 

You might think this thread is similar to the special some pony thread. The difference is this is more for advice on how to talk to your crush or get to second base with them or how your crush life is,

So ask away!

OH, OH. I wanna help! :3 I have a forum crush too and I've been in a relationship with her for 3 months now <3 I hope I can give some good advice.

• Brohoof 1

Hm. You know, what? Yeah. Why not.

So there's a girl IRL. We go to the same church. But it's a very small church at the moment (like, maybe five or six families), and I never really see her without her parents standing right there. She's also five years younger than me. And somehow, I just feel like it would be... awkward? inappropriate? to make any attempt at flirtation with her folks ten feet away.

I don't really know her well enough to say I really like her, but she seems like a nice girl, and I'd like to get to know her better. Just don't know how to initiate conversation, or like, anything else.

Advice?

Hm. You know, what? Yeah. Why not.

So there's a girl IRL. We go to the same church. But it's a very small church at the moment (like, maybe five or six families), and I never really see her without her parents standing right there. She's also five years younger than me. And somehow, I just feel like it would be... awkward? inappropriate? to make any attempt at flirtation with her folks ten feet away.

I don't really know her well enough to say I really like her, but she seems like a nice girl, and I'd like to get to know her better. Just don't know how to initiate conversation, or like, anything else.

Advice?

Well what are both of your ages so I get a general idea.

It be better to wait till she's older or an adult so it would be less weird and the parents won't think you're a creep.

Well maybe if I was a stranger to her folks. But we know each other. They know me well enough to trust me not to be a creep.

wow man. sorry to hear that. i though 4 years difference was bad but... ooh.

Meh, the age difference honestly doesn't bother me much. I mean, if my wife ends up being five years younger than me, that'll hardly seem like anything in fifty years.

• Brohoof 1

Well maybe if I was a stranger to her folks. But we know each other. They know me well enough to trust me not to be a creep.

Meh, the age difference honestly doesn't bother me much. I mean, if my wife ends up being five years younger than me, that'll hardly seem like anything in fifty years.

Maybe you should find out her dating rules from her parents.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe you should find out her dating rules from her parents.

Hmm. Good idea.

Then there's just the matter of how to broach the subject. "Oh hey, Steve! So by the way, I'd kind of like to date your daughter. Any tips?"

• Brohoof 1

If there's anyone who's now dating their forum crush, you should tell us your story. :3 It could give some great insight on how things got to where they are now. :)

• Brohoof 2

I would like to share my 1 tip.

Confidence is key. Not in your ability to talk to your crush but simply in yourself. Remeber whether it be a guy or a girl we are all people. Believe in yourself and the rest will simply fall into place. Its once you question your own drive it all falls apart.

Or believe in the me that believes in you.

Sorry everypony had to reference it I'm a GL nut

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well, from what I've experienced, a crucial fact is, and this is probably pretty obvious: make sure they can feel secure around you. You know, don't be a creep, always stay by her side, things like that.

Make sure that they actually trust you enough to be near you before you think of doing anything else.

Other than that, I really don't have a lot to offer. I iz lonely pony.  :mellow:

If I think of anything, I'll be sure to post it on here.

Edited by Aiden Pearce
  • Brohoof 3

oooh boy, another one of these threads, well where to start..

For starters, do not rush into anything, take your time to get to know your crush, but not too long. It is also good to get to know if they have the same feelings for you at the same time. It is funny, because I kind of 'met' my boyfriend @@Commander Tangent through the 'Your Crushes: Share Them Here' thread... hehe, kind of funny how it all happened, he had a crush on another girl but was scared to let her know or that he'd get friendzoned, so, because I did somewhat know him through a rp of mine, I offered to be the mediator for him. Needless to say, as I got to know him, I felt comfortable to flirt with him a bit. It was half flirting and half trying to help him feel better/good about himself. But I told him, that if he did get friendzoned (which he did), I would totally go out with him (this was way before I even knew what he looked like).. needless to say the girl friendzoned him, and a couple days later (4 days after my 26th birthday and coming out about being Transgender and Bisexual) he asks me out, of course I said yes, and here we are, our 4 months anniversary is in a week!

• Brohoof 4

Semi-related. I am one of those guys who randomly pops up for an appearance but is largely unknown and unnoticed.

Anyways, I do not currently have a forum crush , but who do you see me potentially paired with just out of curoisty.

Semi-related. I am one of those guys who randomly pops up for an appearance but is largely unknown and unnoticed.

Anyways, I do not currently have a forum crush , but who do you see me potentially paired with just out of curiosity.

Don't quite know I've never actually seen you. Are you okay with saying your forums crush here?