Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever been picked on because you're a virgin?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

I'm obviously speaking to the people who have not had sexual relations with a girl yet, like me.

Listen, what makes a guy more superior just because he had sex with a woman?

I'm labeled as "weird guy" in my school because I'd rather have an intimate relationship with a girl after marriage.

Is that weird?

Some people think so.

Plus, do I even plan on getting a girlfriend anytime soon?

No I don't.

Trust me, I've had at least 4 girls ask me out.

I denied every single time because I thought about it and I concluded that it wouldn't be a good idea.

I love my purity and I want to keep it.

That shouldn't be a weird thing.

post-25645-0-27446700-1400860137_thumb.jpg

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 8

People put way too much stock into sexual relations, whether they are a man or a woman. There is a greater social stigma if you're a dude, but it happens to women to, I've seen it plenty of times.

Society as a whole might look down on virgins, but I've never seen the issue. If it ain't your priority to get laid, whether because you want to save yourself for later, wait until marriage, or because it doesn't interest you or you don't feel like you can actually get some, then it's all good.

Self-worth ain't about screwing people anyway, it's about how you treat others.

I'm sorry that you've gotten that label, SC00TS/Emerald (Would you prefer to go by Emerald from now on?).

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

No, it's not weird. Most guys you'll meet in school are total douchebags and I doubt most of them are telling the truth at your age.

And, to answer the question, no, I've never been picked on for being a virgin :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

@

It's not weird. For the guys (and girls) who think they're superior, lemme put it bluntly, and pardon my language:

Just because you stuck your parts all over someone else parts does not make you special, there are creatures waaaaay less intelligent than us that have been doing that for just as long.

• Brohoof 3

You should never be made fun of for this. Even more so because it is your choice. I won't lie I poked fun at a buddy in high school, but that was just friendly badgering to think it's weird isn't right and good for you for sticking by your desicion to wait.

• Brohoof 1

People put way too much stock into sexual relations, whether they are a man or a woman. There is a greater social stigma if you're a dude, but it happens to women to, I've seen it plenty of times.

Society as a whole might look down on virgins, but I've never seen the issue. If it ain't your priority to get laid, whether because you want to save yourself for later, wait until marriage, or because it doesn't interest you or you don't feel like you can actually get some, then it's all good.

Self-worth ain't about screwing people anyway, it's about how you treat others.

I'm sorry that you've gotten that label, SC00TS/Emerald (Would you prefer to go by Emerald from now on?).

Thank you so much.

That means allot.

Yeah, Emerald sounds good.

No problem, bud.

And Banul, I'm guessing that Emerald was asked about sex before and he gave an honest answer.

Guess he could've lied but I respect him for giving the truth out instead of saying "Oh ya, I've done it before plenty of times".

No, it's not weird. Most guys you'll meet in school are total douchebags and I doubt most of them are telling the truth at your age.

And, to answer the question, no, I've never been picked on for being a virgin :D

Ya, most guys in my school are bullies.

It's pretty sad.

• Brohoof 1

Once, but it was mostly just teasing from my friends. Besides that, I don't think anyone really cares about my virginity and respects my decision of not having it lost it yet until the right time. If that 'time' ever goes by, that is.

Nothing to be ashamed of, when I was in high school everyone was the same way. Well especially when I was a juniour, then Seniour class was really bad about that, making fun of people becuase they haven't had sex yet. But you know what, screw em, (lol pun) there is way more to life than getting drunk, having sex and the not rembering a darn thing you did the night before.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, in my school, I've been PRAISED for it.

When I tell everyone I'ma virgin, they don't generally believe me, because I live in New York, and everything here is as sexual as it gets to the point seeing a condom on the train is perfectly normal. Most girls in my school has either has had sex, got pregnant, or was pregnant. I'm neither, and I get praised AND questioned for it almost every day.

All though, if you hear me in irl, I'ma huge pervert. XD All though I never have sex myself. I usually tease others about it.

I plan on saving myself when I meet the man I know will marry me.

• Brohoof 3

I'm obviously speaking to the people who have not had sexual relations with a girl yet, like me.

Listen, what makes a guy more superior just because he had sex with a woman?

I'm labeled as "weird guy" in my school because I'd rather have an intimate relationship with a girl after marriage.

Is that weird?

Some people think so.

Plus, do I even plan on getting a girlfriend anytime soon?

No I don't.

I denied every single time because I thought about it and I concluded that it wouldn't be a good idea.

I love my purity and I want to keep it.

That shouldn't be a weird thing.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm a virgin and 100% proud of it. I definitely don't go around telling everyone I meet but I know it's my choice. It's not like I haven't had the chance, I have and it would be easy to at college, but it's worth more to me than a one night stand. 

If you're still in high school then you honestly have nothing to worry about. Most of my guy friends lost their virginity and regretted how it happened immediately because they were only doing it because they felt like they had to. Just hang in there and you'll find a girl who wants the same thing. 

It gets easier in college because there are more people around and the odds of finding someone that wants the same thing rises and the amount of people that care about your sex life decreases exponentially. 

But also don't avoid relationships because you think it has to lead to sex. I've made it clear going into all my relationships that I wasn't going to have sex with them and it's never been an issue. 

• Brohoof 2

Have been when I was in elementary, but not much really. Everyone pretty much assumes I'm not a virgin and the rest doesn't care. I don't want to loose my virginity unless it's with someone I care for. Though I don't really care about being a virgin and actually think it's pretty cool which is kind of rare for males I think. Though I don't like it when people judge me for it. Sex is a good thing and stuff but it's still overrated. Unless it's with someone you care for then it really is the best thing, I think.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm also a virgin too, almost 21 years old in a few months. You're perfectly fine. When most people rush into doing it, they end up with a load of problems, such as emotional damage, unwanted pregnancy, and even stds. They're just jealous on how that you don't give into peer pressure like the rest did and that you actually have self-respect.

Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 4

Rushing to have sex as a means of validation is a bad choice.

It's worst in high school, when sexual conquest (mostly embellished) is considered a bragging right.

Once you get to the college level most (I say most as there are still alpha male frat boys) grow out of that thinking. Take it slow, take it smart.

• Brohoof 3

Thanks to everybody who posted reasons for why it's OK to be a virgin. I'm a virgin and I've had issues with low self-esteem because of it.

But reading all the stuff posted here made me feel much better about myself. Thank you.

• Brohoof 4

The way I see it is, if you've choose to wait and kept it to yourself, cool.

If you chose to have sex and continue to have sex, cool.

Idc what people do. I don't think you're "Superior" because you're a virgin or vice versa.

My boyfriend who is 18 was a virgin until I moved in with him this month. He said no one made fun of him. It's kinda "meh" either way.

You are so lucky tho.

And personally, no. I agree with most of the sentiments echoed on this thread, it really doesn't matter either way. Want to save it to marriage? Sure. Want to lose it when you're 13 or something? Maybe not wise, but that's ultimately your call. A person's sexual exploits are some of their most private affairs, nobody else has the right to intrude or say anything if not invited to unless something horrific and evil is happening.

• Brohoof 2

Well I'm the only one in my friend group who hasn't even dated, much less had sex.  I'm not even sure about the virginity of said friend group though.  I can't say that I've ever been teased about it, it's just a part of who I am at this point in life. :squee: 

All I can say is, I would hate for my first instance of sex to be a fling or throwaway high-school relationship.

• Brohoof 2

I was, but really, it was in jest more than anything.

And then when I lost it, a little while later I was like, "Uhm, okay."

Turned out to be not nearly so huge a deal as people make it out to be. That may have been just my experience, mind you, but in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't exactly a defining moment of my life.