Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is discord...Flirting?

Codelyy

@@Commissar Alexer, wow that's a lot of Discord and Fluttershy images from the show...

I personally think that Discord was honestly being sincere in his own goofy way to Celestia as a way to apologize.

As for Discord and Fluttershy, I just think he's eccentric about their friendship because Fluttershy was the only real friend he had, so of course he was excited about her. I wouldn't put their friendship into "relationship" territory, but it's definitely a real and good friendship that Discord and Fluttershy both enjoy.

• Brohoof 2

possibly a hint to something more exiting for future episodes, or it can be an apology gift for almost destroying equestria, but I don't think flowers will cut it.

• 2 months later...

Fanservice. Just like on EQG

I don't see it.

I personally just saw it as Discord apologizing for helping Tirek take over Equestria. The shippers made it into more than it really is. It's nice to have an on-screen confirmation that Discord is very sorry and wants to make amends with the Princess.

I don't see it.

I personally just saw it as Discord apologizing for helping Tirek take over Equestria. The shippers made it into more than it really is. It's nice to have an on-screen confirmation that Discord is very sorry and wants to make amends with the Princess.

I guess that could also be it.

I feel like he's been all over Fluttershy honestly. They're practically best friends but no one seems to treat them like they're all flirty dirty. Who knows what goes on in that cottage...

, since this topic concerns an in-universe discussion regarding Friendship is Magic I have moved it from Sugarcube Corner to Show Discussion.

I thought that was a cute scene. I have no idea whether or not Discord was actually attempting to flirt with Celestia, but at the very least he was apologizing to her for his actions. 

Personally, I primarily view it as a combination of an apology and a gesture of friendship, a possibility reinforced by how the flowers were styled after the rainbow light that came out of the chest that grew out of the Tree of Harmony.

Will at least can someone get to the source like i don't know...Meghan herself instead making theories?

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/07/meghan-mccarthy-responds-to.html#idc-cover

I know there is a meme that "Meghan lie"  but i think she sound confident enough here. And she never meant for any romantic implications. It was storyboard artist idea. So it is as much a canon shipping as with BG ponies.

I would definitely call that flirting :)

If i gave my mother flowers too, does that mean i'm flirting with her too? :blink:

I think that scene is a Star Trek reference. Here I have a thread about that theory.

Interesting but there is another one:

2safled.jpg

She once tweeted that Fluttershy and Discord reminded her of Q and Janeway.

• Brohoof 3

Given that Discord had just only extremely recently betrayed Celestia, and thus Equestria jeopardizing everyone and joined forces with the evil power hungry psychopath Tirek....

:umad::umad::umad::umad::umad:

:umad::umad::umad::umad:

....I would say that this was a coy gesture of apology on Discord's part.

Well few days ago Larson had a talk with Dusty Cat and although Dusty implied Celestia for Discord, Larson seem suprised at that ship. He joked also about Daring Do/Discord so for him it seem as much ridiculous.

Still he did say that if he had opportunity to write something about Discord past he would likt to explore his past with Celestia (but he also add that not necessarily romantically). He also joked that Nicole only want Dislestia because she want kiss scene with De Lancie xD

So basically no. No one is seriously shipping them except one voice actor and it seem there will be no Dislestia in S5 as at least Larson would not be suprised at the question. Maybe in S6 or maybe later or maybe never.

If i gave my mother flowers too, does that mean i'm flirting with her too? :blink:

No. I'm not saying that giving someone flowers automatically means you're flirting.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that, due to the number of fans who want to see Discord and Celestia flirt or date, it wouldn't be a surprise if the writers put in that scene to lightly hint them flirting.

The writers are known for throwing in fan service every once in awhile.

Interesting but there is another one:

img-3063014-1-2safled.jpg

She once tweeted that Fluttershy and Discord reminded her of Q and Janeway.

No. I'm not saying that giving someone flowers automatically means you're flirting.

I'm saying that, due to the number of fans who want to see Discord and Celestia flirt or date, it wouldn't be a surprise if the writers out in that scene to lightly hint them flirting.

Edited by Royal Samurott

I'm saying that, due to the number of fans who want to see Discord and Celestia flirt or date, it wouldn't be a surprise if the writers out in that scene to lightly hint them flirting.

I doubt it, the writers confirmed he gave Celly those flowers as an apology, I don't expect them to throw a shipping out of the blue

I doubt it, the writers confirmed he gave Celly those flowers as an apology, I don't expect them to throw a shipping out of the blue

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

I'm not implying that the writers were trying to (or are ever going to) throw in a shipping.

I'm saying they may have just been giving a light hint (the key word there is "hint") that they were acknowledging fan service.

I personally think fluttercord is adorable!

And the Fluttercord phantom of the opera video is awesome!

Thank you so much for mentioning this.

We already know Fluttershy likes to sing, now I just need to see a duet from the two in the show.  :yay:

------------------------------------

First... I think Discord was apologizing. He had just betrayed all of Equestria... You don't ask a girl out after selling out all she loves. But people have already said this.

Celestia and Discord can work in the show, I think (if Meghan hadn't sunk this ship with the might of the Word of God, like Sparity). Anyway, just show that Discord has changed and Celestia becomes compatible with him without the whole opposites attract thing (that I personally hate) and ignoring that the he would destroy the very thing the Two Sisters had come to symbolize. Give them some time of interaction, like he had with Fluttershy. Some scenes of the two taking tea together, a walk on the palace gardens in the background (like Big Mac and Cheerilee) and it becomes believable that they actually like each other. By the way, I think this works for Flash Sentry too.

I bet any amount of money that Discord is coming back in season 5. I just worry that if he changes he'll become boring. But that's just my lack of imagination. I also doubt that if they give any of the more important characters a romantic interest they are going to devote time to it. Fluttershy and Discord at least are half way there.

Edited by moonlightavenger
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, there aren't that many dislestia fans anymore.

In fact, many peolpe even begin to hate that ship.

It was popular two years ago....but now? Hated, annoyed and meh'd by quite a amount of bronies.

It may seem that it's still popular but most of these fans are from the 'old guard' and...well, don't take it too personally but the rest consists of teenaged girls (same goes for fluttercord too).

I personally hope that it will never become or even hinted. Her VA may ship it (or she's just joking) but i never honestly never cared that much for them and besides, at the end it's always to the writers and hasbro themselves what wll happen and what not.

Alos, i think you all are reading too much in such gestures. By your own logic discord even flirted with twilight too.

Nah, i don't see any reason why they should fit together....besides the 'both are immortal' thing and the 'Foe Yay!' thing.

Well few days ago Larson had a talk with Dusty Cat and although Dusty implied Celestia for Discord, Larson seem suprised at that ship. He joked also about Daring Do/Discord so for him it seem as much ridiculous.

Still he did say that if he had opportunity to write something about Discord past he would likt to explore his past with Celestia (but he also add that not necessarily romantically). He also joked that Nicole only want Dislestia because she want kiss scene with De Lancie xD

So basically no. No one is seriously shipping them except one voice actor and it seem there will be no Dislestia in S5 as at least Larson would not be suprised at the question. Maybe in S6 or maybe later or maybe never.

Gotta be honest:

I hope not.

Even if they were just friends and not lovers, shippers will jump onto it like a horde of starved wolves on a small defenseless bayb pig.

Best thing of course would be that he just appeard one day and caused chaos, nothing else.

Besides, what about Luna? What's her history with him? Both sisters fougth together against him.

Honestly, there aren't that many dislestia fans anymore.

In fact, many peolpe even begin to hate that ship.

It was popular two years ago....but now? Hated, annoyed and meh'd by quite a amount of bronies.

It may seem that it's still popular but most of these fans are from the 'old guard' and...well, don't take it too personally but the rest consists of teenaged girls (same goes for fluttercord too).

I personally hope that it will never become or even hinted. Her VA may ship it (or she's just joking) but i never honestly never cared that much for them and besides, at the end it's always to the writers and hasbro themselves what wll happen and what not.

Alos, i think you all are reading too much in such gestures. By your own logic discord even flirted with twilight too.

Nah, i don't see any reason why they should fit together....besides the 'both are immortal' thing and the 'Foe Yay!' thing.

Gotta be honest:

I hope not.

Even if they were just friends and not lovers, shippers will jump onto it like a horde of starved wolves on a small defenseless bayb pig.

Best thing of course would be that he just appeard one day and caused chaos, nothing else.

Besides, what about Luna? What's her history with him? Both sisters fougth together against him.

I ship Discord and Celestia. Just because the ship isn't common, doesn't mean it's hated :)

Um, no. I never thought that Discord flirted with Twilight.

You don't understand what I'm saying.

I'm just saying that the writers put that scene in to show an instance of forgiveness with very light flirting.

I ship Discord and Celestia. Just because the ship isn't common, doesn't mean it's hated :)

Um, no. I never thought that Discord flirted with Twilight.

You don't understand what I'm saying.

I'm just saying that the writers put that scene in to show an instance of forgiveness with very light flirting.

Yeah but from what i gathered it is somewhat disliked by many celestia fans (also called 'sunfags'.)

But he gave twilight flowers too and they even danced...what else would be this?

I think you are reading too much into it. It's Discord, he does that with many others too.

He touched Shining Armor too...maybe he has a thing for him too?

Perhaps you should take off your shipping goggles... :smug: