Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pounce Aid (Help a brony out)

Kel_Grym

(edited)

[so, I've been waiting a while to do this, but had to ask Feld0 permission first, before I could post this, according to forum rules.

Feld0 is freaking awesome. He approved.]

For those of you that are unaware, ObabScribbler has a youtube channel in which she does excellent fanfic readings and collaborates with a lot of different people. Pounce was playing an important role in Heroically Heroic Heroes.

Pounce, unfortunately, suffered from a stroke.

He's okay, but he has accumulated an astounding hospital bill of over 50 thousand dollars, and is having trouble finding work because of the condition his stroke left him in.

Below is the latest video on Scribbler's channel, made by Pounce himself.

I'm making this thread to spread awareness of Pounce's predicament, and If you wish to help you can make a donation via his website below.

http://pouncivalgaming.com/

There were a lot of Youtube artists, including ReverbBrony, and others that put together a charity album for pounce, which you can purchase. All proceeds, go to helping Pounce.

http://pounceaid.bandcamp.com/album/pounce-aid

Neither Pounce, or I are begging anyone to donate, and I wouldn't want anyone to donate if they are hard up as it is. However, if you would like to contribute, links have been provided.

I don't personally know Pounce, but from what I've learned of him through Scribbler and others, he seems like a really stand up guy, that wouldn't ask help from anyone, unless he absolutely needed it.

All help, is appreciated.

[Edit: Even Tara Strong has donated something to this guy.]

Edited by Minister KelGrym
  • Brohoof 9

This is why I never want to live in the USA... I wish I could donate to this guy :/

We got a messed up health system, that's for sure. You may not be able to help him directly, but you can always spread awareness by telling friends. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

The American healthcare system: Go broke or go die.

I'll see what I can do to contribute. I normally don't donate to stuff like this, but considering the system (for which I have the utmost contempt) has royally screwed him over, I can definitely part with some bit of money, even if it only offers marginal relief.

Edited by Thrash
  • Brohoof 1

The American healthcare system: Go broke or go die.

I'll see what I can do to contribute. I normally don't donate to stuff like this, but considering the system (for which I have the utmost contempt) has royally screwed him over, I can definitely part with some bit of money, even if it only offers marginal relief.

Is much appreciated Thrashy.

I wish I could help, but I've got my own health concerns that require money.

Also... It doesn't feel respectful to be using this thread to talk politics. Detracts from the point of it.

I don't know if it's disrespectful. Pounce would probably be agreeing with us right now if he knew about this thread, but you do have a point that the healthcare talk is distracting from the point.

However, one way or another, users are going to comment about the healthcare system, since its so closely related to Pounce's problems, its hardly derailing the thread for a few off hand comments. Just so long as it doesn't become the main focus, everything should be fine.

(edited)

Wish i could donate... :(

But my god the health care system in the American is insane,if i ever suffer a terrible accident or have something similar like this happen i might as well just die because i wouldn't be able to pay off the 'bills'..Why should i need to PAY to STAY ALIVE,why is my life being saved worth me being BILLED..ugh...ima just stop before i rant..But ya,best of luck to this guy and i might actually try to donate if i can pull something together,it probably won't be much tho.  :(   

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Also... It doesn't feel respectful to be using this thread to talk politics. Detracts from the point of it.

When the situation at hand is a direct result of the politics surrounding healthcare, it's anything but disrespectful to talk about it. It's entirely relevant and, therefore, entirely appropriate to discuss.

Edited by Thrash

Wish i could donate... :(

But my god the health care system in the American is insane,if i ever suffer a terrible accident or have something similar like this happen i might as well just die because i wouldn't be able to pay off the 'bills'..Why should i need to PAY to STAY ALIVE,why is my life being saved worth me being BILLED..ugh...ima just stop before i rant..But ya,best of luck to this guy and i might actually try to donate if i can pull something together,it probably won't be much tho.  :(   

This system is just bogus. Fifty freaking thousand dollars for a stroke?

I wish I could donate...

It's all good. Not everyone can donate, but you can spread the word about it.

As far as donations go, you don't have to donate a whole lot. Even if you're only capable of just a dollar that would go a long way if enough people did the same thing.

• Brohoof 1