Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Old or new music?

SOULEATERROX

So much modern music has no feeling, there's no passion from any of the artists, they do it for a paycheck, their songs are written by people who "know what the people want" it's pathetic.

It used to be "I want to make music, and in order to do that I'm going to make money." 

Now it's "I want to make money, and in order to do that I'm going to make music."

There are a few modern day artists I like for instance Jack Johnson, but most older music is better in my opinion

• Brohoof 3

I dislike most modern pop music, but there is a hell of a lot of good music now...you just have to find it. The reason why people seem to fawn over old music is due to the fact we didn't have this "pop machine" in the time of The Beatles et al. so good music was given to the masses. So yeah, I guess I don't really mind, as long as it's good.

I try to keep my mind open to 'new' music, and there are a number of songs/artists I listen to from the last few decades. However, I'd be lying if I said that the vast majority of music I listen to and love came from then. The vast majority of my favorite music comes from the 60s/70s and the 'Classical' eras.

It can't be helped. The trends that music has taken in the 80s and beyond generally just don't appeal to me. But there are still of plenty of bands and artists that I love to listen to from nowadays. So I try not to say "old music is better". Besides it would be an incredibly sad existence if every band and artist I loved came a decade or more before I was born. lol So I have to keep an open mind.

I listen to both, I especially like some of the old country songs by CW. Mcall, that is what I consider "real country" vs a lot of the modern stuff which most of the time just tends to be hip hop with a southern accent.

Well, most of the time, I listen to music like this:

So, old music I guess, but since rock is still kind of being made (I REALLY hope it doesn't die) I guess I prefer both. Plus, I don't mind some pop or jazz every once in a while :)

• Brohoof 1

It depends how old is considered old. My favorite genre is probably Alternative Rock/Grunge from the 90's. But honestly, old vs new doesn't matter that much to me. If I think a song sounds good, I'll listen to it regardless.

Well, I listen to both.

If it's old, I tend to listen to rock & roll from the 60's, punk rock from the 70's, swing from the 40's.

If it's modern, it tends to be *some* pop music, dubstep, fanmade brony music, and many soundtracks, including both game and movie.

• Brohoof 1

80% Old (mostly 80's and 90's) and 20% New (most songs suck these days b/c they are either dubsteps or remixes from the old songs)

Most of the music I listen to is from the last decade but I love a lot of music from the past century and millennium. My favorite genres include Metal, Electronic and Celtic. Mixtures of the three in any combination are also welcome.

Both. I don't really care about WHEN was something released. I care about how does it sound like. If I like it then last thing I care about is when was it released. It can be in 2014 or in 1970 - that is last thing that should matter. Sure, now more and more mediocre or just bad artists are shown in TV, but is TV/radio only source of music? We have YouTube, internet overall, so it's best to look for what You like most Yourself. I am fan of atmospheric, heavy metal music mostly so I look for such bands for example on encyclopedia metallum or ask people who have some knowledge on this genre for recommendations. 

• Brohoof 1

A mixture I guess, I'm a country fan and I love old country music but I also like new pop country too.

(edited)

Why not both?

There was a lot of good music in the 80's and 90's, but there's also some good stuff from the 2000's and onwards.

Edited by Blackened

I listen both too.

Of nowday music, I listen K-Pop.

And old music, I listen Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Elvis and disco music from '80s & '90s. :yay:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Both: mainly older stuff but on the whole it depends what it is:

I don’t really keep up with the radio chart and what’s hot in the mainstream, I just find stuff I like and go from there to cut a long story short :)

Edited by Asherdangerdash