Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Is Spongebob getting better?

Lankman

'Old spongebob fans' are going to say, "no he sucks and should end" well I did love the old spongebob but things change and spongebob has become bad to a lot of people (Seasons 5-8) but season 9 Feels quite like the old spongebob not completely, A lot of new spongebob haters probably haven't even watch season 9, it was a huge improvement from the other seasons, season 9 made me watch the show again and I heard spongebob's creator Stephen hillenberg is coming back and even working on the 2nd movie.

And you probably wondering why I am posting this on a MLP website, well I just want to.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, not really. Granted it's not the worst season (that award goes to season 6) But certainly not pre movie quality. I mean some stuff were ok. I found Plankton's Pet to be decent but there are stil quite a few sinkers like Squid Baby, Little Yellow Book and Spongebob You're fired.
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't seen any episode from Season 9, but after watching 4-8, I really don't want to. That said, you definitely aren't the only person to say that though, I've heard the same among other fans of the show.

And it does give me some hope for the movie if Hillenburg is working on it 

• Brohoof 1

Maybe if I ask on a spongebob site things would be different.

He is also working on season 10.

You will literally not find any person who loves Spongebob more than the people who grew up with him pre-movie.

Even if we hate the new things, we hold a sacred place in our hearts for Survival of the Idiots.

• Brohoof 4

You will literally not find any person who loves Spongebob more than the people who grew up with him pre-movie.

Even if we hate the new things, we hold a sacred place in our hearts for Survival of the Idiots.

Don't forget about Band Geeks.
  • Brohoof 7

I really think the old ones were better however I watched the episode Don't Look Now today and it was actually good but then Kenny the Cat comes on in ruining the show with his act and boring plot line I mean really a cat that can breathe underwater wow it's not like Fuzzy can't do that.

I enjoyed the old stuff (wasn't the greatest but definitely not the worst either), but the new stuff... :eww: I never wished SpongeBob would just die as I did after season 5... I don't think I can force myself to watch it (Hillenburg or not).

Here's my opinion, Old spongebob is way more funnier than mlp, spongebob doesn't need those things to be great in my eyes.

spongebob has been my favourite cartoon and will hold that place for a long time (probably forever).

I haven't seen anything past season 6 but I never thought Spongebob got worse like a lot of people did. It changed, definitely, but I never equated that with getting worse.

• Brohoof 1

Um....no. New Spongebob is just total garbage - the old stuff is good, but I can't even stomach the new stuff :D

*points up* Exactly what Ghostie said.  However, some of the new ones are good, but most of them........is just an abomination.

• Brohoof 2

SpongeBob is the only cartoon that I ever loved, I like my little pony, gravity falls, adventure time, regular show, steven universe, samurai jack, powerpuff girls, foster's etc...

but spongebob is the only cartoon that I ever loved, mlp doesn't take its place.

I've never really paid attention to the seasons or anything. I just know I like the show!

I do seem to enjoy the old ones a little more, but I'm not going to scowl and change the channel or anything if an episode from a newer season comes on. SpongeBob is funny and random and a good cartoon. I'm really not that picky. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

In my opinion, the show started getting kind of lame in Season 4 (and by that I just mean boring and lacking jokes, not offensively bad) and that continued to Season 5. EVERYTHING got better in Season 6 and the show has been nearly perfect since then. Nostalgia blind new episode haters automatically hate it if it's new and whine about things that have been a part of SpongeBob since the beginning. This will happen to any show that continues after the original demographic grows up, I 100% guarantee you that.

Take your nostalgia goggles off and realize that if you don't like it now, you'd probably hate the old episodes if they were new now, please.

I really think the old ones were better however I watched the episode Don't Look Now today and it was actually good but then Kenny the Cat comes on in ruining the show with his act and boring plot line I mean really a cat that can breathe underwater wow it's not like Fuzzy can't do that.

I don't know what the fuck Fuzzy is, but you know there's been a squirrel that can breathe underwater since the beginning of the show, right? If the episode itself is funny or not is a different story, but you can't write it off just for that.

I ain't touching that sh*t with the herpes pole.

What a fantastic unbiased and fair review! Everything new fucking sucks ass! Let's never give it a chance because my childhood is ruined!!! The new writers may as well have gone back in time and stabbed me to death as a kid because the result would have been the exact same!!!! (That goes for the old writers who happen to write new episodes too!) :(:P Edited by Grumpy Enchantress
  • Brohoof 1

In my opinion, the show started getting kind of lame in Season 4 (and by that I just mean boring and lacking jokes, not offensively bad) and that continued to Season 5. EVERYTHING got better in Season 6 and the show has been nearly perfect since then. Nostalgia blind new episode haters automatically hate it if it's new and whine about things that have been a part of SpongeBob since the beginning. This will happen to any show that continues after the original demographic grows up, I 100% guarantee you that.

Take your nostalgia goggles off and realize that if you don't like it now, you'd probably hate the old episodes if they were new now, please.

Dean-McCoppin-a-local-junkyard-owner-voi

Spongebob went from naive to plain stupid and annoying (don't get me stated on the voice)

Patrick went from "not all up there" to "hurr durr pickles"

The humor is trying really hard to compete with the "wacky and zany" misadventures of Regular Show and Adventure Time, and has alienated old fans in the process

The art style has gone in a considerably opposite direction (compare old vs New Spongebob designs, I dare you)

It's soulless and is only alive today because no other franchise they have can stand up to CNs withering line-up.

So take off your...whatever....not-stalgia glasses, and see that everything is not the pretty rose cor yo imagine it was.

What a fantastic unbiased and fair review! Everything new fucking sucks ass! Let's never give it a chance because my childhood is ruined!!! The new writers may as well have gone back in time and stabbed me to death as a kid because the result would have been the exact same!!!! (That goes for the old writers who happen to write new episodes too!) :(:P

Kind of, yeah.

I have had the displeasure of watching many of the new ones, and if that's what they have to offer, I'm not touching that new one. No other show other than Modern Famiy causes me actual, physical pain to watch.

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if most people are blinded by nostalgia when judging the new seasons.

I honestly like some of the new episodes and rank em higher than some of the old ones. Although some of the new episodes are really.... bad.

• Brohoof 2