Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Kind Of Dreams Do You Have?

Flutter_Guy_Dash

I think I have mentioned this in multiple posts, forgive me if you already know, I have been expiriencing a number of dreams mainly based on Luna. Every time I have this particular dream, me and Luna are in a field under a tree, watching the night sky and talking. For some reason or another, I can remember everything we talk about (They are personal matters that I'd rather not discus. Not dirty, mind you :3) and our talks help me through the crap in life at times.

I'm also getting in to Lucid dreaming, for those who don't know, it's a dream where you know you're dreaming and can manipulate it to your will. (Google it up if you want to try it :D) During the times I have been sucsessful at it, I have been able to turn it into sort of a Ponyville type thing, with ponies everywhere.

Through all my expiriences in dream exploring, I would like to know of your dream stories or whatever. :D

• Brohoof 2

Does day dreaming count? If not, I dreamed I could fly and I kicked so evil lady in face when I flew, so yep, just another Wednesday for me.

If daydreaming does count, I imagine everyone is are ponies in the real world and I'm my OC and the only way things can go back to normal because some people don't like being earth ponies is to find Celestia!

huehuehuehue...

It is said that everyone has dreams, however I don't remember that I dream. I know I used to dream a lot when I was young but for the last 5-ish years I don't recall having any dreams at all :/

I dream about snakes. I have a pet snake so I guess it kinda makes sense. Usually I'm trying to help them.

Also a lot of getting chased dreams, but I don't remember much of them.. I think I was waylon park in outlast at one point in one?

Last one I had, I was helping some baby snakes out, trying to check on them and make sure they weren't injured then a load of nasty brown bugs crawled up my arm. I was quite paniced because I couldn't brush them off because the snaked were hooked on my arm and I didn't want to spook 'em.

Another one I remember quite vividly was a rainbow bush viper in a sort of museum I was working at. I was trying to feed the other snakes in the tank and at the same time avoid the viper because they're venomous. I ended up getting bit on the elbow and got quite concerned. I talked to my superviser and he explained that I must have an immunity to the venom because I wasn't dead on the spot.

I want to lucid dream very very badly. I don't remember much of my dreams sometimes but sometimes I dream some really awesome things.

Man its takes practice, at least 1/2 a year :) Look up some techniques! 

I have lucid dreams 3 times after practising for about a year, then I went to uni and didnt really have the focus for it any more :P

My dreams are weird, I often die or am being chased in them.

I often have lucid dreams, I'm not sure what I'm dreaming most of the time. Often something weird, sometimes dreams where I'm driving my dream cars and sometimes adult stuff. lol It's random, sometimes I have pony dreams. I had a dream about underground village, yeah pretty much everything.

I've tried to lucid dream - I've kept a dream journal and tried to do those tricks to question whether I'm awake or not (all it did is help me remember my dreams a little better): every time I dream, I just go with the flow ("Why yes, I did just jump out of a helicopter into a giant bowl of chocolate pudding, doesn't everypony?")

I can't remember what I've dreamt about recently, though :(

I have some extremely trippy dreams, and also some rather realistic ones. I lucid dream as well every now and then, and it's pretty cool. I tend to remember my nightmares more than my normal dreams. I hate those dreams where you feel pain for real. Whether it's being shot in the head, or being bitten by zombies. It all sucks!

The worst part about the zombie dreams is all the blood. I can taste it, and it makes me gag. Those dreams are awful! I much prefer the happier dreams, where I see friends and ponies and such. 

My dreams can range from extremely strange to to almost teasingly realistic (like, "oh you got into a summer internship YEAHHH wait...the dates on the emails...FUUUCK" realistic). I think it depends on what's been on my mind for most of the previous day...which doesn't bode well for my mental state during the day if my dreams can be as weird as they are sometimes!

Recently, though, I've been having trouble dreaming at all. Maybe due to boredom there isn't much to dream about.

(edited)

My dreams have seldom been happy. Most are premonition type dreams, which have been happening since fourth grade.

Sometimes they come true in a few years, sometimes in a few months, other times minutes.

Example of years dream: I watched my friend die in a hospital above his bed. I'm back home in Montpelier and I don't know where the hospital was. But four years after I met the boy in my dreams, he passed away. He didn't live to become a freshman in highschool. I also saw his viewing and the phone call before they each happened. I told one person about this and they called me a seer.

Example of a few months: I saw an epileptic episode happen at our house that we just moved to.

Example of minutes. While sleeping on the couch at our old house, I dreamt I was running through a cave trying to out run something. Unfortunately I stopped because I thought I out ran it but the nightmare chasing me already beat me to the spot I stopped at. I looked up at the ceiling of the cave and the creature jumped on me. Everything went black and I woke up in cold sweat. I turned on the TV to watch SYFY and as I turned, my dream happened to the character as if I sent my spirit into his body and watched everything from his point of view.

Edited by ravensilvertail

I have horrid nightmares. Mundane, trippy, and positive surreal dreams are extremely rare for me. I have had this problem since I was a young child. I often am killed gruesomely after being chased. I often fall to my death, drown, or watch my husband get killed while being forced to watch. I even stay dead in a sort of dark reddish black void after I die sometimes and when that happens, I wake up thrashing or my husband wakes me because I am thrashing about before I wake up. That's always terrifying.

I do not watch anything above PG for the most part, especially never ever horror. Violence only fuels my nightmares so I avoid it like a plague. I've been through enough real violence for one lifetime, and experiencing even more in my sleep is hard enough. I have PTSD, and there's not much I can do besides cherish the good dreams I do have and cling to my husband for comfort.

I rarely (if ever) have a dream that isn't weird lol.  Here's an excerpt from the (recently neglected) dream journal I keep:

There was a room with a large cylindrical jar or aquarium bordered by what might have been computers or electronic controls.  This was where we (I say "we" because I do believe I had at least one assistant) were growing a bizarre new organism.  Though it may have taken several different forms during the dream, the only form I recall was that of a long almost serpentine creature with round eyes at random points of its slender body.  It was so long that its "head" was always right next to its tail; as it chose to line the bottom of its jar-like tank.  I admired it momentarily both with curiosity and fear.  I got the impression that our current work was based somewhat on conjecture and formulae from the semi-distant past, and the long since departed spearhead of the original research wasn't very pleased with what we were doing.  Inevitably, of course, things went horribly wrong.  We'd created a creature that we couldn't understand or control, and I think the ghost of the past researcher returned to wreak additional havoc.  However things may have panned out, my sub-conscious kindly gave me a "do over," and the second time around (just before the you-know-what hit the fan) I fled through the back door of my laboratory into the sparsely populated wilderness on this terrible night.

I dream a lot of things. Most won't happen though. Some can relate to mlp but most don't. When I have a nightmare, it usually doesn't make sense or it is scary or can be really tormenting or all three.  

I just dreamt I was in and airport, but with some kind of platform adventure attraction, where you could grab to the ledges of the wall and some mobile ropes, like those from one of the bridges levels in Super Mario World. And at some point, I was visited by Luna herself, but I don't remember what I did with her. At least it wasn't another human Celestia and Luna having sex with young boys LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(edited)

Well, the only dream I remembered this years is when I was sick and had awful nausea, and still I can only remember a picture of my dream. I usually forget them, dreams.

Here's the picture:

Nightmare_zps1827e30b.png

So, it's like in a cave, and it's dark in the background and we can see the walls. (which are made of rocks by the way.)
And there's these kinds of buildings or dunno. I saw this exactly in this angle.

For some reasons, this scene gave me horrible nausea, and I woke up, to be sick like I never was before.
That is one of the only dreams I ever remembered.

Edited by GhostPony750