Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G1 fan club

_Kurtis

(edited)

Welcome to the

G1 fan club

img-2678931-1-img-2678931-1-24brpc4.gif

Here, you can be a part of everything G1! There's a lot to talk about, whether it's the toys, ponies, or even the villains!

img-2678931-2-cnGA1Ys.jpg

So... What do you say? Would you like to be part of the G1 fan club?

img-2678931-3-Cp0uWR0.jpg

So, if my little welcoming speech convinced you, then you've decided to be a part of this club. You're probably scrolling down for some G1 fun. But wait! This club DOES have some rules, so before you post, be sure to read them below!

Rules:

❤ Please, please, please do not come here to bash G1! This is a place for G1 lovers, not haters!

❤ No inappropriate posting or language here! Although, most of you are probably already aware of that.

❤ Have fun!

That does it. Thank you for reading my welcoming statement and rules! Now, go have fun and let some G1 magic lighten up your day (cheesy, I know).

img-2678931-4-CJm55dU.png

Edited by Generosity
  • Brohoof 11

(edited)

Alrighty then I suppose what got me into G1 was the villains in particular Tirek, Grogar and the Smooze. When I was a kid I remember my pony crazy cousin watching the G1 cartoon and collecting the toys but with the limited exposure I got it didn't really take hold of me. Years later I get into G4 at my friends recommendation and then got into G1 after he told me about some of the surprisingly dark villains. I watch and much to my even more apparent shock than for G4 being good, it was true Tirek actually threatened to decapitate Spike twice, he threatened to decapitate Spike twice. My eyeballs nearly popped out of their sockets and the first words that came out of my mouth were "did he just say what I think he just said?" Because of this the adventure themes of many of the episodes I became a G1 fan, granted it had it flaws but for what it was it was actually quite good.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4

post-26689-0-74704500-1401736830_thumb.png

So I was watching some G1 Ponies this morning and I got to thinking... Habbit, the Rabbit assistant of Mr. Moochick, reminds me of G4 Spike. Not in appearance (obviously) but in action.  Think about it; how many times is Mr. Moochick seeking something, only to have Habbit find it? And how many times does does Twilight Sparkle tear apart the library seeking a specific book, just to have (G4) Spike grab it because he knew exactly where it was... What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 4

Putting the series into context when it came out the episodes are pretty good, some being better then others.  Overall I did like the series.  Though apart from maybe Spike and the humans being pretty fixed as mainish characters, the main ponies seem to keep being changed, I guess to try to help sell toy figures, instead of having set main characters like they do in the other generations.

• Brohoof 2

Being born in the mid-80s the original MLP was absolutely a part of my early childhood. I never imagined I would be watching ponies again in my 20's, but here I am doing just that! It brought such joy to my nostalgic little heart when they revamped Tirek and Scorpan for FiM. I hope we see more of Scorpan in season five because he was always a favorite of mine from G1, him and Spike. I love both G1 and G4 Spike but for some reason I've always thought G1 Spike had the cutest voice.  

As for G1 toys I had lots of them, unfortunately when I was about 12 I was talked into putting many of them in a yard sale, something I regret to this day. I did keep my favorites and those that held special meaning to me such as Twilight, Lickity Split, Twinkler and - my absolute favorite - High Flyer. Because I was so young when I got them none of them are in very good shape but I love them anyway.

G1 has it's own charm and deserves more respect than what it gets, they had some pretty interesting (and dark) stories back in the day! Although I prefer the characters of G4 the original MLP will always hold a special place in my heart, so count me in! :)

• Brohoof 4

Any favorite g1 story arcs, episodes or characters?

My favorite was probably the original "My Little Pony Special" aka "Escape from Midnight Castle." G1 Tirek was awesome; way more evil than G4 Tirek in my opinion. In general though, the multiparty episodes were better than the on parters (again, my opinion). As far as characters? My favorite is probably Fizzy; loved her bubble spells.

• Brohoof 3

This thread has been dead for almost forever.  :(

We missed out on needed daily doses of G1!

I think it's time we all took our needed G1 doses ASAP.

Music dose:

Cute toy picture dose:

hsm5q8.jpg

Fanart dose:

aw2f6u.jpg

Gif dose:

219xs0g.jpg

There, I feel much better!  :wub:

• Brohoof 4

Woohoo, fanart time!  :D  Well, this isn't fanart, it's official art, but it's sooooooo cute!

34i4fhk.jpg

332qn8g.jpg

By the way, JLmle, do you have any G1 toys? If you like collecting FiM toys, you should consider getting a G1 toy!

I have a nice little collection of G1 toys and they're cute as a button!

30kslmd.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Woohoo, fanart time!  :D  Well, this isn't fanart, it's official art, but it's sooooooo cute!

34i4fhk.jpg

332qn8g.jpg

By the way, JLmle, do you have any G1 toys? If you like collecting FiM toys, you should consider getting a G1 toy!

I have a nice little collection of G1 toys and they're cute as a button!

30kslmd.jpg

Not yet; But if I find them at an affordable price they are mine... Despite being in the target group for G1 (I was about 6 at the time) I didn't watch the show as a little girl; the twinkle eyes gave me nightmares lol... But after getting into FIM; I decided to check it out... And loved it

Speaking of G1 Applejack ...

post-26689-0-03148500-1403311341_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Not yet; But if I find them at an affordable price they are mine... Despite being in the target group for G1 (I was about 6 at the time) I didn't watch the show as a little girl; the twinkle eyes gave me nightmares lol... But after getting into FIM; I decided to check it out... And loved it

Speaking of G1 Applejack ...

attachicon.gifJust_one_more____by_okiegurl1981.jpg

G1 Applejack is a silly pony.  :P  Applesauce!

I have a Twinkle Eyed Pony in my collection (Sky Rocket). I'm not trying to be biased because G1 is my favorite gen, but the G1 toys are my favorite; they're so well crafted and painted, and all of them are so beautiful! I do have some G4 toys as well, but not many. Just some mini figures and an Applejack Beenie Baby.

• Brohoof 1