Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming First impressions of Watch dogs (ps4)

LunaShy

So after a long day of work I drove my hour long drive from work to gamestop and then home pretty psyched that watchdogs was finally out! I get home and deal with some family stuff and pop in watch dogs. After having to download 4 updates/ day1 dlc I finally start playing. The first 10 minutes where pretty interesting and felt new and fun. I have now played about an hour and a half of it and am pretty unimpressed. Unfortunately I thought that this game was going to be the first nextgen game that would blow me off my feet an it is not that at all. Watchdogs is gta with a little assasins creed and hacking thrown together. It's soundtrack is dull and boring. The graphics are not impressive at all compared to some of the earlier next gen stuff ( ac4, dr3, infamous, titanfall) and the gameplay is basicly the some old that we have been playing for years ( ac, gta, sleeping dogs, stranglehold, infamous, saints row, etc.). I will continue playing as there is not much to play on my new systems right now but if you are thinking of picking it up and haven't preordered it already I would advise holding off or renting it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmmm... I thought about getting the Wii U version since I'm not interested in the PS4 or Xbox One systems. Watch Dogs LOOKED interesting but ehhh. So overall it's just an OK kind of game? I'll still get it though. Graphics aren't everything.

Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 1

I am Laughing at the Criticism you are giving the game considering that you yet to discover the entire base premise. Have you been invaded yet? Did you unlock all of the Tree? Have you stopped the dangerous crime? I have had this game for about a week and I am personally impressed with it, considering that I do play PC. But you can tell the difference in graphics and please note you are limited on Graphical options since you are on a Console.

I am Laughing at the Criticism you are giving the game considering that you yet to discover the entire base premise. Have you been invaded yet? Did you unlock all of the Tree? Have you stopped the dangerous crime? I have had this game for about a week and I am personally impressed with it, considering that I do play PC. But you can tell the difference in graphics and please note you are limited on Graphical options since you are on a Console.

No you are correct that I am not very far in but I personally would think that the game would do something impressive in the first few missions to seperate itself from all of the games that are similar in the last generation. As far as graphics go that is not really a big concern but I did want to point out that there have been several games that have come out in the last year that look waaaaay better ( not just next gen either check out on ps3 the last of us and beyond: two souls). As previously stated I will continue playing and if I feel that I was wrong or I find more interesting things I will post again on my feelings. One final gripe with what I have played so far is the horrible driving I would think that after 10ish years of open world games publishers could at least make driving fun or functional

• Brohoof 2

I'm probably going to pick this game up in the next week or so for my PS4. I know it's just another GTA/AC/Sleeping Dogs/Infamous style game with hacking, but it still looks fun none the less.

I heard that even in single player other real players can try to hack you. Now that sounds interesting!

Well, tbh, I was looking forward to getting it on the 360, but the "appearance" of the game doesn't suit me.   In addition, there are some things in the game that is not too appealing and feel it would be a waste of my time.  Its looks like a great game, but its not my type of genre.