Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleeping alone

tripfly

Does anyone ever find it hard to sleep alone, especially after sleeping with a loved one for a long time?

I do, and hell thats why i'm making this thread at 2 am!

• Brohoof 4

Yes.  But I've always been alone.  I just often find it hard to sleep, period.  Often times I just can't turn my brain off.  That's why I'm replying to this post at 6:17am!  (I've been here all night.)

• Brohoof 11

My job requires me to travel a lot, so I've slept in a lot if unusual places. Sometimes alone, sometimes with friends. Sometimes in a comfy hotel bed, sometimes in a dusty bed of a pickup truck or the metal floor of a cargo aircraft.

About half the time I sleep at home beside my very special somepony.

Yeah, I couldn't sleep for a long time after i broke up with my ex because there was just a big empty space on the bed.  And it doesn't help that i'm scared of the dark.  So i just pile a bunch of pillows next to me.  Not the same, but it's better than nothing.

I know those feels. It's definitely hard to let a good thing go. My ex didn't live with me or anything (because high school, obvious no) but we would take naps sometimes and it would be hard to sleep for a few solo nights after a nap.

Well... I have pretty specific conditions I have to sleep in, so the fact that I sleep alone is for the best.

I'm so lonely in general, I rarely think of it when in bed... Okay, that's a lie. =P

I used to turn on a beloved movie like Spiderman and fall asleep to it. Yeah it's a little more electricity being used, but it saves my life by getting the sleep I need. I'm a freakin animator I need my sleep! and a voice actor? not too toot my own horn, xD

Sleeping alone is awesome. You get to do whatever you want. I find sleeping with someone especially with my sister kinda awkward.

Well, I don't think your supposed to find that comfortable.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, I couldn't sleep for a long time after i broke up with my ex because there was just a big empty space on the bed. And it doesn't help that i'm scared of the dark. So i just pile a bunch of pillows next to me. Not the same, but it's better than nothing.

Same here. My ex girl friend use to work nights sometimes so we would only sleep together a few nights a week and some times when I went to get into bed there would be a "pillow boy" in my spot lol. but it was much easier to fall asleep when I had some someone sleeping next to me. she like to be warped up so she would take all the covers away from me when I was asleep so I could hold her to stay worm. it was funny when she would try to get up in the middle of the night and I (still asleep) wold pull here back in bed so I would not get cold.

I fidget so much in bed, I'm kind of paranoid about waking my husband. It doesn't happen often, but I kind of prefer sleeping alone, so I can spread out and fidget to my heart's content.

• Brohoof 2

Pony plushies solve this problem :D  I've never really shared a bed with anybody for any extended period of time, so I never got used to it, but even so I find it really hard to sleep without having a pillow or a plush or something next to me to throw my arm around... sure there's some repressed traumatic experience in me somewhere that explains it xD

I don't mind, although I don't really consider myself to sleep alone, since I'm always snuggled up against my Build A Bear Rarity plushie

(\ 

Giant funrise Fluttershy for me.  The funrises look horrible, but the 20 inch ones are great for hugging.  Plus I don't have to look at the spaghetti mane when I'm sleeping :D

• Brohoof 4

My husband seems to have a worse problem than I do the few times we have had to sleep apart in the 3 years we've been married. He ends up texting me like crazy, and in the end doesn't really sleeps at all. Until now, the longest we've slept apart was 2 consecutive nights, and on the second night he said he got maybe 3 hours of sleep.

I on the otherhand, can sleep, but I am plagued heavily by nightmares, and if I wake up at all in the night, it takes a long time to get back to sleep only to be bombarded by nightmares again. I also tend to freak out and be disorientated because I don't know where I am, and my husband is not beside me. I never feel safe sleeping alone...

The farthest distance I've been away from my husband (to visit my sister) was a 4 hour drive.  But this Father's Day weekend, I am going up to Fargo, ND for a Steam Engine school and he can't come (he has work). That'll be 9 hours away from him. I am scared about that, and worried about how tired I am going to be since it will be 3 nights away. 2 is bad enough, but when I have a 9 hour drive on top of classes operated a dangerous machine if you are not attentive, I know I'll be relying on coffee and energy drinks to get me though...

• Brohoof 3

I don't mind, although I don't really consider myself to sleep alone, since I'm always snuggled up against my Build A Bear Rarity plushie :D

I knew it.  You've got problems, ghost.

I've slept in the same bed as my brother ever since I was 6.

We've never had money so we had to make due with that we have.

People think that it's weird.

We're not f*cking or anything, you a$$hole.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've slept alone most of my life, aside from spending a few nights over at a friends house, or my boyfriends' place. It felt weird sleeping with someone else in the bed...I wasn't used to it.

But yea, I sleep with Fluttershy every night. So I'm not really alone. I snuggle and kiss her before I go to sleep. Makes me happy and feel less alone.. :blush: <3

Edited by :Flutterdash:
  • Brohoof 1

Depends on how you define it. If it's sleeping on a single bed, that's been the case with me for as long as I can remember. There were only select nights where I had to sleep alongside one or more of my parents or younger brother on the same bed. When I'm at home, me and my younger brother sleep in the same room but on separate beds.

Never had a significant other IRL. Over the internet, yes, but never IRL so I don't really know that void.

• Brohoof 1

honestly I get what you mean after my ex broke up with me I found it very hard to sleep at all, I spent a long time with this person believing that they loved me as much as I loved them. to be tossed aside the way I was hurt beyond belief, even today I'm still not properly sleeping