Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleeping alone

tripfly

I'm completely fine with sleeping alone but I prefer to snuggle with my bf and sleep together. I miss it sometimes, since we don't see each other that often.

Only time I've been in bed with someone is with my best friend during sleepovers. I have a really big comfortable bed so we can both sleep in it. It's more comfortable than one of us being on the floor right?

But yeah. It doesn't bug me much honestly. It's pretty rare. I do like my bed to myself though!

• 2 months later...

I don't mind, although I don't really consider myself to sleep alone, since I'm always snuggled up against my Build A Bear Rarity plushie :D

I have all (except Zecora) and I line my bed with them because I sleep alone but i guess they are a placebo until i get married.

Well, I've always had trouble sleeping, and I've never slept with anyone ever except on sleepovers, and even then I had trouble sleeping. So it's probably just an insomnia thing.

Edited by Shift

I have slept next to people for many years and while I love doing it, I actually sleep better alone because I wake up a lot when someone is next to me.

It depends on who you're not sleeping along with.

I can't sleep when I'm hot, and if the temperature goes up too high while I'm asleep, that will wake me up.

I like to cuddle and snuggle and all that jazz, but in the summer, when I'm trying to get to sleep... not so much. :derp:

Its hard for me to say because I have trouble sleeping aside other people.... So like I love sleeping next to people I love don't get me wrong but at the same time I roll around and end up pushing people off the bed cause I LITTALLY try to take the whole bed over when I am sleeping.... When I use to sleep next to my EX he would always end up the very edge of the bed that it was like only an inch till he fell off because I pushed him to that.  

SO you know how they say "can't play nice with others?" well mine would be "can't sleep well next to others"

• Brohoof 1

I can sleep anywhere I like, people don't affect it.

Buuuuuut unfortunately I am going to be sleeping alone for my entire life ;_; so egh. People don't like me.

Sleeping alone isn't bad though, you get the whole bed :3 

I hope I can cuddle with my special somepony in the future :squee:. It'll be like a sleepover but 20%... A lot more fun and pleasing :wub:.

Edited by SparkWolf

I never actually ever sleep with someone before, so I guess I wouldn't find it hard at all?

Though I guess if you get used to sleeping with someone it'd be hard to break away from that.

It's a lot easier when you love the person. Cuz then you gets to cuddles.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

yep, you get used to sleeping next to someone...the 6 months after my grandmother passed away was absolute torture on papaw....he stayed up late and got up early because he couldnt stand that damned empty bed.  it wasnt long before i kept finding him out on the sofa :(  

if youve a larger bed and youre able, downsize to a twin.  if you sleep alone in a big bed for too long, you get the habit of taking over the whole bed--which gets annoying to the person you eventually move into a bed with haha.  you start sleeping in the middle, stealing covers, and wallowing all over the other person.  ive slept over at many friends houses, and eventually id give up and make a pallet on the floor.  at least i didnt get hit or unwantedly cuddled in my sleep.

i slept a long time with Blue-Doggie in my bed though.  mostly winters, when wed hunker down under the covers.  Come summer, my room was so hot shed sleep under the bed xD

I felt the same way when I spent a few days sleeping over at my first boyfriend's house. I was already used to it. 

However...I'm used to sleeping alone in a pitch black room. Unless you count as your pets as your "companions" then okay...I'm technically not sleeping alone. I got my two cats sleeping by my side and my chihuahua pup on my head. :P 

I have never slept with a woman all my life.

Also I've never been in a romantic relationship much less a relationship at all.

Am I sad and lonely?

No.

I'm actually very happy being single and I plan on staying single possibly for the rest of my life.

I personally believe once a person gets into a romantic relationship he/she has to keep up the relationship with his/her partner and if one decides the relationship isn't working he/she HAS TO find another partner or they will be lonely and sad.

That's why I don't want to get into a relationship in the first place.