Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How they will look

Soobel

Um.

*backs away slowly*

Okay, that's over reacting a little. :lol:

With a little work, these could be extremely good! The tea one isn't that bad really. I like the idea for the style, and although I prefer cartoonish, this could be rather interesting.

Yes, interesting is my second thought.

I think they are creepy due to the Uncanny Valley.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, interesting is my second thought.

I think they are creepy due to the Uncanny Valley.

Yeah, definitely, but with a little work, they could be quite incredible. I've seen a few styles like this, and when done well, like in the tea party thing up there, it can be quite adorable. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, definitely, but with a little work, they could be quite incredible. I've seen a few styles like this, and when done well, like in the tea party thing up there, it can be quite adorable. :)

Oh yes, it can be amazing, and I imagine it will be.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 6/25/2014 at 11:25 AM, Pinkamena-Pills said:

My Little Ponies: Realism is Terrifying 

no more uncanny valleys

Edited by Soobel
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

I will agree, they are well made. But realistic little ponies creep me out. Like realistic pokemon. @-@

Because we are not seen good realistic little ponies. We can draw caricatures of politicans or other famous persons, its easy for good artists. But opposite way - draw from cartoon the pony-like aliens, what actually not exists - its hard task.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually here not right ponifaces, only that Rarity skech looks almost right. Because that Twily-Fluttershy WIP are too not finished. Maybe i work later with those drunk pranks, here need replace Rarity and Pinkie with better ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
(edited)

no more uncanny valleys

I think these cartoon ponies are like caricatures of realistic creatures and i try to draw them, without losing their facial expressions, specific shapes and poses and proportions.

Looks like fandom accept only cartoon or anime style or real earth pony anatomy and shapes.

Edited by Soobel
  • Brohoof 1