Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Tyranny of Princess Cadence (RP)

Agent505

(edited)

The Tyranny of Princess Cadence

The sun was beating down over the Crystal Empire, despite the snowy terrain and occasional harsh breezes, the air was warm and the inhabitants of the Empire where taking full advantage of the pleasant day, toiling hard in their fields to feed the new military, slaving away over the searing forges to produce enough armour to outfit a nation, and working over the technological advances they had made over the past several months in the name of their new ruler. From the outside the Empire looked how you might imagine, a vast city coated in a permanent shine from the crystal enchantments, a steady snowfall surrounding the city gave it a somewhat hidden appearance, yet was kept from settling on the city grounds themselves by the innate magical wards the city held. Nothing looked amiss from a distance, the only thing that might possibly be discovered as ‘odd’ to a particularly keen eyed traveler, would be that the rail tracks were covered in an unusually thick blanket of snow – however that could just be because of the heavy snowfall, right?

Princess Cadence was about her usual business – that is to say she was pacing her halls and barking out her orders to her subordinates…

“What do you mean there have been more ponies reported close to the border? A Pegasus you say? No doubt another of Celestia’s spies… I want him found and brought to me, what’s the point in magically warding the empire with a permanent snowfall if it does nothing to hide us?”

“Y-yes ma’am, a single Pegasus, although he didn’t look like –“

“So you saw him closely, then? And yet he continues to wander the area?”

“Well, n-not exactly, ma’am.”

“I don’t care about your excuses, I don’t even want to hear them. Just find that Pegasus and bring him to me!”

Princess Cadence’s guard stood around silently, itching to break eye contact from the crazed princess as she slumped down in her throne. “What? Why are you still here? Go and find him already!” Cadence snapped.

“Y-yes ma’am, of course!” The guard replied with a hint of panic, darting out of the castle doors, followed closely by two others.

“And you…” Cadence turned to address the unicorn stallion by the side of her throne as he stood glaring through the closed door “…wont you be a dear and make sure all the magical wards are still working, Stoic? If we lose one of those wards not only do we lose our blizzard, but also the shield around the empire, and we can’t have that now, can we?”

Stoic closed his eyes, bowing his head as he started walking towards the door, letting out a sharp whistle and being immediately followed by four of the elite Crystal Onyx guard – it just wouldn’t do for Cadence’s personal wrecking ball to be seen without his command, would it?

"Immediately ma'am, i'll have the wards checked and then i'll make a pass by the medical hall and see if nurse whatshername has set that leg yet..."

Cadence smiled grimly, tapping her hooves against her chair while glancing over a piece of paper brought to her by a guard during her previous conversation.

Stoic stepped outside, his larger than average frame puffing out even more as he took in a deep lungful of the fresh air, exhaling with a low growl.

"You two, get to work checking the outermost wards, and I want you two to accompany me on my own journey."

The two Onyx unicorns nodded and with a salute of hoof-across-chest went on their way, leaving Stoic and the remaining pair of guards walking steadily south towards the medical hall. 

(I was torn between starting for the Equestrians or not, but I feel it would be best to leave @Pripyat Pony to set the stage for you guys)

Edited by Agent505

Meanwhile, in the Canterlot Castle throne room, a blue alicorn mare was pacing. Princess Luna was worried, as was her sister, Celestia. Since there was still Equestria to govern, this particular problem had been given to Luna to deal with, and it was a sticky one. There had been no news, good or bad, from the Crystal Empire in some time. Messengers who had been sent to the Empire had not returned and letters were returned unopened. The trains were prevented from entering the ground surrounding the Crystal Empire without a single word as to why. The Royal Sisters were both very concerned about this and had been debating on what action to take, when something happened.

Exhausted, the crystal pegasus mare had dragged herself along the ground. Tired, wounded and sunk into misery that most ponies could not even contemplate, the crystal mare stubbornly forced herself onward. There was but one point in her mind; she had to tell the Royal Sisters of the terrible things that were happening in the Empire! Garnet, the crystal mare, had managed to escape from the Empire as the wards had gone up, tho with a terrible cost to herself. Both her wings had been broken so that flight was now impossible. Sometimes, she'd thought that she would die before she reached Canterlot, but she had eventually managed, painful as it was, to make it.

At the castle, she had asked for and had been given a meeting with Princess Celestia. The white alicorn had been horrified at the sight of the crystal mare, her useless wings hanging down, one on each side... and the horror had only increased as she heard what the mare had to say. Princess Cadance had abandoned reason for madness. Shining Armour had disappeared completely, feared to be dead, tho there was not a trace to show this. Even if he was still alive, nopony know where he might be. The Empire was now a dictatorship, run by the insane Princess Cadance and a group of elite pony soldiers. Ponies were afraid to speak of what went on to each other, out of fear that they might be arrested. The Empire was shut off from the rest of Equestria.

Luna thought over all this as she paced the throne room. She had been handed the reins of the matter by her sister, and she was determined to make a good effort to discover what had gone wrong and to fix it. Garnet had been taken to the Canterlot Hospital to have her broken wings set after she had told all she knew. Now, Luna was waiting for the ponies who she had personally hoof picked to travel to the Crystal Empire. Their mission was threefold. Firstly, they needed to gather intel as to what on Equestria had happened in the Empire and what had caused Cadance to lose her mind. Second, they needed to find out what had happened to Shining Armour; if he was alive, to rescue him and if dead, to avenge his death. Finally, they needed to report back to Canterlot so that steps could be taken to fix the Empire for good.

The first of the group respectfully knocked on the throne room door.

"Come in," Luna called.

Sanura entered. She was half earth pony and half zebra, with a black and white striped body and a purple and white striped mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a target, signifying her talent for spying and that she rarely missed her mark, once she had honed in on it. Sanura had completed a mission in the Griffon Kingdom only a week before, and it was lucky that she was around to take this mission on. She took a chair that Luna indicated to her, and they settled down to wait for the others.

@@Agent505,

(OOC: So, I take it Arrow shall be captured and out of action until Tuesday?) 

The snow whirled around Arrow, stinging his eyes. The wind howled and whipped at his cropped mane. The cold bit into his bones as the pegasus doggedly trod on, too tired to fly. 

The blizzard seemed to have come from almost nowhere. Flying out of a busy harbour, pursued by a crowd of angry sailor ponies who were not happy to discover they had given him a free ride, Arrow had not spared much time for deliberation before heading in the direction of the distant outline of a city. As he drew closer however the snowfall had suddenly increased until he found himself staggering through a frozen world of white. He could no longer even see the outline of the mysterious city, and could only hope that he was still moving in the right direction - his legs were beginning to tremble slightly with every step.

Suddenly, from out of the blizzard appeared the blurred silhouettes of what appeared to be at least two ponies in armour. Instinctively, Arrow ducked, crouching in the snow. He would have blended in well were it not for the blue in his mane and black vest.

(So, will you be controlling the two guards?) 

@@Pripyat Pony

Gladius slowly trotted through the halls of Canterlot castle, examining the security as he did so. It had been some time since he'd had cause to enter the castle, and it was good to see that it was as well protected as ever. Even more so considering the unusual circumstances under which he'd been called here. From what he could gather, it sounded like there may be a war coming, and they'd need to be prepared.

Entering the throne room, he bowed his head before the princess. Though it wasn't the first time he'd met royalty, it was always a tremendous honor, and one that he didn't take lightly.

(edited)

A lightly chilled wind brushed up against Arcane as he slowly walked towards the Royal Castle. He hadn't been summoned in over a year, having the delivery system to aid him in sending his research notes, he didn't hold the need to visit. The quickly scrawled out letter he received explained the situation, and demanded he come to Canterlot.

He levitated the letter out of his small travelers sack and raised it in front of him. He felt very skeptical of the whole thing. It was sent with the Royal seal, but it just didn't seem like something they would send to anyone. Regardless, he was fully capable of handling himself in many situations, so if it was a fake, he would be fine. He quickly scanned over the letter one last time, and put it away. The flap on the sack snapped shut with a click, a built in magical magnetic feature he designed himself. He could never resist a small smile on the inside whenever something of his worked like intended.

Arcane had arrived at the castle at a rather alarming rate, considering he doesn't tend to walk very fast. He took a deep breath and looked back and forth at the guards posted at the front gate. They both looked at him and gave a nod of approval, opening the gate only barely wide enough for him to get in. He let out the breath and closed his eyes for a few seconds. He always felt out of place anywhere a member of the royal family was. He reopened his eyes and continued towards the throne room, passing by rows of blooming flowers and age old trees. He enjoyed the courtyard, but he could never stay too long. Even at such a season, his allergies loved to tease him. 

Another set of guards opened up the next gate for him and allowed him in the throne room.

@@Alex Kennedy,@@Pripyat Pony,  

Arcane had never seen these two ponies before, but he instantly knew who the dark blue Alicorn mare with a crown atop her head was. The iconic Princess Luna. He was surprised Celestia wasn't there to greet them, but knowing the urgent matter, she most likely had other things to attend to that were much more demanding. Arcane took a quick bow and stood to the side of the chairs, not feeling like sitting down after a two hour train ride. He assumed there would be more according to the amount of chairs set up.

The other two ponies who arrived before him, a mare and a stallion. Both of fair appearances. He assumed he would most likely be introduced to these ponies later on. If not, then it would be upon him to do that.

Edited by The Original PWD
  • Brohoof 1

@@Ano170,

(As Ano wont be able to post regularly until possibly wednesday, i'm going to speed this encounter along)

Thanks to the blizzard, Arrow would have normally been easily missed, even if he did stick out with his slightly odd colouration against the white background.

However, thanks to the keen eyes of the pegasus circling the two grounded guards, and his goggles covering his eyes from the snowstorm, he was quickly picked out from the crowd, so to speak.

The pegasus landed beside the guards, covering his goggles with his foreleg and then pointing in the direction of the crouching stallion.

Unsheathing their relatively small spears from by their sides, the guards spread apart, advancing towards the stallion...

_____

@@SilverHeart (No rush for your reply as I expect you're still busy, I just wanted to post something other than the guards)

Stoic continued his march to the medical pavilion, his journey was rather uneventful - something he had come to get used to during his time as Cadence's commander, his mere presence spooked most of the civilians into cowering away from him or turning shy to continue their work in hopes he wouldn't notice - and for that he couldn't help but grin maliciously whenever he took to the streets. 

Eventually finding himself in the medical 'pavilion', more akin to an entire area of the empire cordoned off for this purpose alone, he approached the pink coated unicorn mare who was walking back and forth around the area, talking with some of the other staff and levitating a clipboard beside her that she would occasionally glance over with half-interest. 

"Doctor Mercy, attention to the front!" Stoic barked, causing the mare to drop her clipboard and turn around promptly to address him. 

"C-commander Stoic, sir, I apologize, you caught me off guard." 

"Where is the medical officer in charge of the recovery of the palace guard? He broke his leg chasing a thief or something, I think?"

Mercy lifted her clipboard from the ground with her magics, slipping a pen from above her ear and tapping it along the paper with a thoughtful expression crinkling across her face. 

"That... would be Silver Heart, right? She should be around, the tent we keep the severely injured is only around the corner, should I-?" 

"Send somepony to get her, and unless she's in the middle of dying herself, send her to me" pausing momentarily, he grinned darkly before continuing "I need to see her on... official royal business."

"Yes sir, i'll see to it." Doctor Mercy called after him as he lumbered his way out of the pavilion and towards the tavern over the road, passing his disgusted glances to the majority of the injured ponies laying around in their little tents on his way.

Thunder Blast nervously walked through the hallways of Canterlot castle. She was summoned by princess Celestia to help her with who-knows-what. She wasn't sure she could help since she was a pegasus that can't fly at all. She's just make a fool out of herself. As the doors to the throne room opened, she entered and bowed in front of the princesses. She knew that whatever princess Celestia and Luna needed her for was a tough task.

(edited)

@, @@DarkSonic1221,

Emery Egress was warm, comfortable and in a deep pleasant sleep. He dreamed about simple things, eating food in the sunlight, his own warm bed, walking the tunnels without the need to constantly listen for armored hoofsteps. He was asleep in the maintenance tunnels, curled up beneath a hot water main and wrapped in some rags as blankets. He had figured nopony could find him here, they either wouldn't look or just overlook the pile of rags. He of course was wrong.

"Emery? Hey Emery! Emery wake up! Emery, hey Emery! Hey, hey! Emery, Emery, Emery." the voice was shrill but cute, far cuter than it had any right to be. He let out a groan and rolled over still fighting to keep his grip on that dream world and to ignore the filly.

But she would not be ignore and jabbed him with a hoof shouting, "Emery come on you have to wake up! There's guards coming!" That made him jump and he rolled over to look at her with blurry eyes. She was grinning at him, "Made you look! I knew that would get you up!"

He dragged himself out from under the huge pipe, shedding the rags, "you're a little pest sometimes, CeeCee you know that? Haven't you heard what happened to the colt that cried Timberwolf?" He stretched popping his joints and flexing stiff muscles.

"Nope, but I bet he wasn't very smart. And don't call me CeeCee! I don't like it and it's not like I call you Eee Eee!" The little sapphire filly had already jumped up into the pipes on the tunnel walls and moved gracefully on them, more like a cat than a pony.

Emery snorted, "I know you don't like it, that's why I call you it when your annoying me. Maybe if you behave like a good filly I'll call you Crystal. Now be a good little girl and tell me how your family is doing."

Crystal Calling spoke in a rush, "They're hungry but the they found a pretty good hiding spot. The other family needs some bandages, the father accidentally lean up against a hot pipe and burned himself. I couldn't find that hobo that was down here the last couple days, he might have tried going up to the surface. Are you going to meet with that Zebra again? Can I have first choice on the food?" Sometimes her words seemed to run together but Emery managed to catch all of it.

"You need to stop following me everywhere, don't tell anyone about that zebra the less people who know he's supplying us the better. Keep it secret you can have first choice," he said deciding to bribe the little ankle biter, "I'll go check my meeting point and see if he's there today. Have you seen anyone new? What's going on at the surface?"

"Yes! I love having first choice! I haven't seen anyone new so far and I haven't been up to the surface yet today. But I'll go take a look and be right back!" her voice was slowly already getting more distant as Emery realized she was moving up the pipes in the wall in spaces far to small for any adult.

Emery called after her, "Wait! I didn't mean you should-" he let the sentence die on finished, it was already too late there was no stopping that filly once she got something in her head. "Damn foal is going to get herself killed... She's got realize this isn't a damn game." he muttered more curse to himself as he made his way to the drop point where he usually met Zyndeen.

(@@Agent505, I was thinking I could just let you decide what my smuggler brings in and I can ask him for things then later you can let me know what he could get. Thoughts?)

Edited by Torrent505
  • Brohoof 1

@@Torrent505, @@Agent505, @@DarkSonic1221, The moment Artemis got out of her forest she knew that the journeys she would have in the land of Equestria would be at least... conflicting. She despised the cement filled cities and always felt like a bird within a cage in the confines of Canterlot... she hated that place. She needed fresh air... more open space. Yes the Crystal Empire was far from being a forest or resembling a natural habitat but it "breathed" in a way... the chilling winds of the empire didn't bother her she was used to hardships far worse than this in the northern forests and in fact it felt liberating... Of course the locals weren't so easy to accept her... a talking wolf doesn't inspire safety and security and they very much felt threatened and scared when Lykos talked. It didn't matter to her... she would rather die than leave her companion behind. Lykos was a friend, someone she could talk to and he always understood her since they had grown together. However authority here had been just as she imagined... strict, crude, and overly obsessed over control... it "supposedly" wasn't that way but Artemis had no liking for authority in the first place so she couldn't pinpoint the problem. She didn't exactly have experience with many types of authority but she felt that the Princess of Love residing in the empire was indeed a bit too... "edgy" for her own tastes. 

((OOC:How about i "accidentaly" seem to be passing by the same place?)) She needed a walk... needed to think things over. The shades of the town gave her safety, she felt at peace hidden and she knew that she would hear the most interesting things in the town when she did that. Perhaps she would find a way to fulfill her purpose that way... she wanted to do something about this but neither she nor Lykos were able to carry this task alone. What would they find this day? Nobody knows...

@@Alex Kennedy, @, @@XxConfusedUnicornxX, As soon as everypony was there who had been summoned, Princess Luna began to speak.

"My friends, I have called you all here for a reason. Recently, my sister and I have been concerned about the lack of communication coming from the Empire. Messengers are not returning and letters returning unopened. We were about to send a group to investigate, when an injured crystal pony arrived in Canterlot. Her wings had been broken in her escape, but she was able to tell us a great deal. Princess Cadance has gone insane and now runs the Crystal Empire as a dictatorship. She is training an army and may decide to invade. Her consort Shining Armour has disappeared without trace. Your task will be to travel to the Empire, infiltrate, and gather information about Cadance and also discover what happened to Shining Armour. And you will do this with stealth and secrecy.

"I have chosen all of you for your various skills in your chosen field. I would like you all to stand up in turn and introduce yourselves, so that you may get to know each other enough to work as a team. After the introductions, I will answer any questions you have."

Sanura stood up first. "My name is Sanura," she began. "I have worked as a spy for Princess Celestia for a considerable amount of time and am skilled in spying and stealth missions. I usually prefer to work alone, but cuz of the seriousness of this particular mission, I am prepared to work with a team."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As Rock Don sat down in the tavern he thought about what he just saw. Not only had he found his cruel stepmothers farm destroyed but there has been no word about what happened to the workers. Rock Don sighed has his drink came to the table. He had no love for his stepmother but his friend chipper had worked there what happened to him. When he left three years ago the kingdom was prosperous. The only reason he came back was cause he got a letter from chipper asking him to get him out. When Rock Don read the letter he assumed he meant the farm. Apparently more than his cruel stepmother had happened to this kingdom but what? When he first headed off to the Crystal Empire he had to go through this giant snowstorm the only reason he found the kingdom was he knew the general direction of where it was it being his old home and all. As Rock Don thought about this a pony who radiated and Aurora of don't mess with me walked in. This pony took the seat two tables away from him. Rock Don took another sip of his drink than got up and started for the exit he didn't know why but he did not want to be anywhere near that pony. Mumbling to himself Rock Don said "maybe I missed something at the farm a clue maybe". He closeed the door to the tavern and started for the Crystal Farm once more.

Edited by DarkSonic1221

(edited)

@@DarkSonic1221(I'll look over it this time, but i'd prefer in future that you refrained from taking control of another role player's character, this is known as "god modding" and is a ban-able offense in most role plays, including this one - on a side note, you just made my life a lot easier with this next post to the get these two on the scene, so thanks.)

@@00Pony,

Stoic took his seat in the corner of the bar, resting his chin on a hoof that propped itself against the wall. The mish-mash of faces in the bar hadn't changed much over the time Stoic had spent in there, mainly just being the off-duty guards and the local bar staff, probably some of the military sanctioned blacksmiths too. He didn't agree with the whole principle of "off-duty guards" and blacksmiths not forging, that's just unacceptable behavior. Cadence had other ideas however, she had enough guards to afford to give some a break from their patrols, so long as they where always on their duty call. The whole thing was a mess, seeming to make sense only to her highness. 

The waitress pony behind the bar saw Stoic's entrance, and before he could collect his limited thoughts on how he was going to deal with this newfound Canterlot spy that Cadence had sent the guards after, there was a drink being placed on the table by the waitress who vanished into the mess of ponies just as quickly as she arrived. 

With a clank of metal-on-metal and a sound of shifting chains, one of the Onyx guards accompanying Stoic pointed out a stallion across the other side of the tavern. From the brief glimpses he could catch of the stallion, he knew who it was immediately: Sanguine, one of the Empire's most loyal and feared assassins. That is - he would be, if anypony knew who he actually was. 

Stoic stood, inadvertently knocking the table to one side and only barely managing to save his drink, he made his way through the crowd to the assassin, placing his glass on the table before sliding into the seat across from him. 

"Sanguine" He nodded - a rare sign of respect from Stoic to anypony other than Cadence herself. "I didn't expect to find you in here at this hour, isn't the night shift more your thing?"

Edited by Agent505

(edited)

Golden Age walked calmly towards the Medical Ward, at least as calm as one could with a wound. He had had the misfortune of being struck on the left arm by the blow of a swordsman, leaving it in a decent state of injury. He did not exactly know if it was due to the fact he was left handed and his opponent being right, or if Fate just decided it would once again amuse itself by erupting plight in another's life, either way, he didn't care as much about such trivial matters as reflecting upon a cause, but more so for a solution.

He had, in all respects, often reflected upon how he had come to become a Lieutenant in Cadance's army, of all peoples. He didn't really give it much thought. He wouldn't quite mind giving hell to Celestia, and he assumed if his new-found leader's army was to be victorious, she would be disposed on some matter, simply due to her erratic nature that he believed would deteriorate and become more apparent within time.

He passed the wounded as they lay upon the ground in their tents, or sitting and gazing out into the rest of the world. He was a tad shocked by the spectacle, as he would've presumed the war would have spent years and years at it's height, but such not the case, it was only in it's infancy, and yet there was such an abundance of wounded before him that he was taken off guard.

He entered the ward, his right hoof gripped firmly upon the wound on his left, expecting a nurse or a surgeon to find him eventually.

Edited by Ivan Braginski ~HI~
  • Brohoof 1

, @DarkSonic1221

( wasn't quite certain if you were talking to me about having our characters ending up in the same area. So I'll just assume and put Emery in a place where you can meet him if you want)

Emery finally got close enough to one of the access outposts, #56 to be exact, on the edge of the Crystal Empire's capital. He didn't dare go too close to the outer tunnels, they might be watched or patrolled; it certainly had gotten to that point when Sombra had been in power. Better safe than sorry he thought to himself as he mused that maybe the Crystal Empire was just doomed to find itself under the hooves of tyrants.

He used his unique magic to create a gate from the crystal wall in front of him to the wall of the little outpost, the room was full of rusty old tools but empty of any guards. If there had been one he could have just shut the portal before they could react and simply go to the next outpost, actually #62, but he was glad things hadn't gotten so bad that Cadence was blocking the sheds in the crystal empires outskirts. He stepped through his portal moving in a couple of steps what would have taken him a half hour to traverse.

He closed the portal behind him and took a moment to examine the tools in the room. Though he found no tools particularly interesting, he did find a light cloak to help against the cold. Pulling up the hood he went out into the snow to find Zyndeen's meeting spot.

It was only a short walk from access post 56, a small clearing behind some trees. When Emery arrived he instantly was on guard, his Zebra friend wasn't there but a small cart covered by a tarp was. Emery called out, "Hello?"

The instant the word left his mouth Emery feel like a complete idiot; Zyndeen wouldn't leave the cart unless there was a reason and that reason could only be there was somepony nearby. He had only a split second to make a decision, leave the cart and run or secure the cart and pull it for outpost 56 himself. He choose the second option the supplies were too important, there was no noticeable hesitation, he sprinting to the cart, sliding into the harness and pulling with all his might to return it safety. He prayed to all things magical that no pony would spot him.

(edited)

@, @@XxConfusedUnicornxX

"I have chosen all of you for your various skills in your chosen field. I would like you all to stand up in turn and introduce yourselves, so that you may get to know each other enough to work as a team. 

Gladius was the next to speak up after Sanura. "My name is Gladius. I've been in the military for years, ever since I was old enough to join. I take my duties very seriously, and have been commended for my dedication on numerous occasions. Since combat training is also the closest thing I have to a hobby, I like to think I'm something of an expert in direct combat. If you all do your jobs and take your responsibilities seriously, I'm sure we'll get along just fine."

Edited by Alex Kennedy

Thunder Blast stood up and looked at the others, "I am Thunder Blast. I am a pegasus form Cloudsdale. I help with the weather. Not only that, but I am also a skilled spy. Even without the ability to fly I can lurk in the dark unnoticed. Give me a knife or two, I can slice a pony up real good. I'm more of a working-alone person but I don't mind working with others." She finished smiling.

@@Agent505,

It was surprising what you could find when you listened closely. Sanguine had his head bowed, eyes closed and his hooves presses before his muzzle, resting on the table, almost as if he was in prayer. In truth however, he was simply listening to his surroundings, trying to pick up on anything interesting. The hoots and hollers from the other tavern patrons, the sounds of their glasses and merrymaking. The clanking of metal that signified the presence of the Onyx, though it was faint beyond the ruckus that prevailed the tavern. Only briefly did he hear heavy hoof steps coming in his direction, and by the time he honed in on their auditory signature, a glass had been placed on the table across from him. A multitude of thoughts shot through his mind in an instant. Firstly, who was sitting down and why. Secondly, what would be the quickest way to make them regret it if they prove to be someone unwanted. And thirdly, that no such action would be needed, for he knew who it was. Not to mention that Stoic Rage could probably snap him in two with little effort. Part of Sanguine's mind was angry he hadn't detected Stoic and his Onyx sooner. He was losing his touch a bit, and the assassin didn't like that prospect.

He gave a small, toothy smile in response to Stoic's nod nonetheless, a gesture that didn't look entirely friendly when coupled with the constant dark light dancing in the Crystal's eyes. There were few ponies he respected in the world any more, and even fewer he might call 'friend'. He was privilege to be able to list Stoic under both of those categories. Sanguine shrugged a bit at the question, "While the night's shroud tends to be a more preferable companion to my nature, it never hurts to change things up a bit, does it?" The question was rhetorical, as he cotined without waiting for an answer, "Besides, I figured it was about time I recieved a little... Tribute, from those I keep an eye on." The assassin's smile turns to a grin as he pats a pouch on his robes, the sound of jingling coin emanating from it.

Sanguine chuckles dryly, "After all, the Empire is a rather dangerous place. Even shades like myself appreciate a little compensation here and there, for our efforts." He leans back in his chair, glancing at his own, nearly untouched drink. He reaches for it as he speaks, "Besides, you never know when you might learn something interesting by listening to folk talk," He takes a sip from his glass before speaking up again, "What about you, Stoic? What brings you here? A little relaxation? Or perhaps you were looking to bash a few heads in?" Sanguine leans in at that, a Cheshire grin spreading across his features as he suggests eagerly, "Because I've spied a few individuals who I'd absolutely love to see lying in a pool of their own blood..." His voice trails off and he shrugs a few seconds later, "Unless of course, you came here for something a lot less... Amusing?"

• Brohoof 1

@@00Pony

"Business, i'm afraid." While the prospect of perpetually pounding the patron ponies into pulp was something that did indeed fill Stoic with all sorts of glee, he was - mostly - controlling of himself enough to not let that cloud his focus too much once he had his mind set. "Although I wouldn't mind making a mockery of these... excuses." Stoic snarled, shaking his head and tapping a hoof on the table rapidly as he continued to the main topic, "No, i'm here to ask if you've heard anything? Few ponies still alive know the Empire as you do, and recently there have been attempts - Cadence assumed from Celestia, but i'm not so sure - to breach the outer warding." He glanced out of the window across the room at one of the inner wards' runestones; huge columns of engraved stone that had been erected after King Sombra's initial return to the empire by Twilight, so the princess wouldn't have to exhaust herself by keeping up her magical shield in the future. He smiled to himself as the faint hue emanating from the engravings wavered between cyan and sea foam, indicating they were operating at max capacity. 

"It's not such a problem, it's only the civilian rabble that is kept in the outer city these days, but we can't have anypony thinking they can come walking around now can we?" His voice raised slightly over the growing noise of the bar. The ponies in there were seeming to grow a little louder each moment, each presumably trying to shout over the others' conversations; with the increasing music and the few who were starting to dance merrily, it didn't take a psychopath to see Stoic was becoming frustrated - the reminders of happy families and friends doing little more than fuelling the fire inside him. He grunted something to the Onyx, causing them to fall in beside him and cross their halberds to alarmingly little effect...

He ran a hoof over the top of his glass as he leaned back in his chair, at least as much as he could given his considerable mass, before he continued: "I have two of the Onyx out now checking the furthermost wards, they're trained to re-power them with their own magic if they're down, but I simply don't have enough men to check the entire area in the day. I need someone with eyes around the city to make sure there are no ponies trying to take... opportunity." 

Wind Symphony.

Symphony grinned slyly to herself as she stepped around the ponies in the street - weaving between bodies with ease, timing her slight impacts with them and listening for the telltale sound of clinking, or the feel of anything out if the ordinary as she brushed against the bags that they were carrying: all while under the guise of a mare simply trying to make her way through a crowd.

Her ears pricked up at a faint clinking sound when she pressed past one particularly good-tempered fellow.

"Watch it!" Growled the mare before he could respond, smirk instantly replaced by a facade of irritation as she did. a hoof swept around in a fluid motion: unseen as it reached its mark and returned to her side before the colt had even registered the face glaring at his own. Shrinking away slightly at the open hostility, he hurried away as a somewhat increased pace.

And the grin returned and the glacial Pegasi's face.

Symphony continued a few steps further before drawing out the ill-gotten pouch of coins from under her crippled wing - tossing it into the air and catching it in a hoof. It wasn't much: but then again, it never was any more. These days, money was short, and while Symphony never went hungry (certainly, stealing food and the like was easier even than money) she couldn't help but feel that her pilfering might be having more of an impact on her victims than it had used to.

The guards were more perceptive recently as well... though in all honesty that was a welcome change for the cocky and proud mare. The 'Princess of Love' had fostered an empire which was empty of challenge in the past - now being a thief actually felt like a viable outlet for the skills she had picked up over the years.

Reaching beneath her wing, she secured the pouch where it wouldn't be seen and continued onwards.

'Gonna need a place to sleep tonight...' Considered the crystal thief as she wandered onwards - content in her takings for the time being as she though ahead to other potential problems. 'Streets aren't as safe as they used to be... and I doubt the roofs are much better.'

Flicking her mare away from her face, Symphonies eyes wandered about the streets. Even places like this that were mostly unchanged there was a tension hanging in the air - a feeling of unease. It wasn't huge: just occasional signs that she had learned to look out for. An extra guard here, a stall missing there, a few ponies 'going away' without warning...

She was talented at what she did - the best, if her own word was to be believed. So... why did these things concern her so much?

'Focus girl... first things first: where are we sleeping tonight?'

• Brohoof 1

, @DarkSonic1221

A little voice came from Wind Symphony's side and downward, "You know most ponies don't like when you take things from them. Did you know him? What did you take? Was it that bag you tossed up and down? what's in it? Can I have some?" Big blue eyes stared up at her, they belonged to a little blue filly so crystalline that she seemed practically translucent.

The little unicorn was moving against the crowd below most ponies sight; that combined with her seemingly blending coat meant she was constantly ducking and weaving to avoid ponies that didn't see her. She had to trot to match the older mare's pace so she could keep her big doe eyes on her to plead like any skilled street beggar.

@@Alex Kennedy, @@Pripyat Pony, @@XxConfusedUnicornxX,

Arcane was a bit relieved that Luna had decided to get introductions started herself. They were either missing one pony, or a chair was there for Celestia before she left. Either way, it was time for Arcane to begin his introduction. The others had kept theirs short, so he might as well do the same.

Arcane stepped forward a little to be more in view of the others. He took a quick bow and stood straight. "My name is Arcane. I am the top scientist in head of research here in Canterlot, though i live in Ponyville to have more peace and quiet while doing my work. Some of you might be concerned as to why a researcher of all ponies would be joining this team. As for combat, i am very restricted. My magical abilities are more utility and defense based." Arcane took a second to recover from talking so much. 'I wish i had planned something a bit... shorter. No time to plan though. Just have to go along with it'.

Arcane opened his travelers sack and pulled out a small magilectronic (Magic Electricity!) device. "I have brought with me some small yet very useful devices i have crafted over years of my work, enough for each member of the team to have two. I have no desire to only give you each two, as we should share to maximize our capabilities. I also have some natural tactical and medical ability which should be of some use to us in the field if anything goes wrong. I would very much like all of us to go over each of our strengths and weaknesses later today if you would so please. Overall, if the situation wasn't so dire, i would love to be a part of this team. Thank you" he finished and took a bow.

Arcane took a step back and sighed. 'If the last member of the team doesn't show up, will we have to leave without them? That would leave us in smaller numbers, and possibly hinder us. We need a bit more than two spies, a soldier and a scientist... A more magically inclined pony would be appreciated on the team. It would be best for me not to worry about it now though.'

Wind Symphony.

@@Torrent505

Symphony paused: she peered incredulously in the direction of the voice and only just caught herself before she rolled her eyes. A filly asking questions - typical, that was the last thing that she needed.

"I needed it more than he did." She said simply - continuing onwards with her steady pace even though she didnt really have any destination in mind. At the very least she might be able put some distance between her and the nearest guards before her new 'acquaintance' got too inquisitive or started to make a scene.

Glancing around, the mare slowed slightly and drew out the pouch - checking inside. Silver Bits mostly... not exactly a vast fortune but she could spare a couple if it kept the child quiet - or better, got rid of her completely. Knowing her recent run of bad luck though, that didn't seem particularly likely.

"Go on kid - scoot. Don't you have someplace better to be?" She grumbled, holding out a few small, silver coins. "Like... not with me?"

She sighed in a frustrated manner as she looked up into the street.

Of course, she could always call in favors - there were a few ponies who owed her: not to mention those that might help her for old times sake... though the thought of having to turn to others for help didn't exactly appeal to her ego... was that blighted filly still following her?

"Kind of busy right now, see?"

Golden Age walked calmly towards the Medical Ward, at least as calm as one could with a wound. He had had the misfortune of being struck on the left arm by the blow of a swordsman, leaving it in a decent state of injury. He did not exactly know if it was due to the fact he was left handed and his opponent being right, or if Fate just decided it would once again amuse itself by erupting plight in another's life, either way, he didn't care as much about such trivial matters as reflecting upon a cause, but more so for a solution.

He had, in all respects, often reflected upon how he had come to become a Lieutenant in Cadance's army, of all peoples. He didn't really give it much thought. He wouldn't quite mind giving hell to Celestia, and he assumed if his new-found leader's army was to be victorious, she would be disposed on some matter, simply due to her erratic nature that he believed would deteriorate and become more apparent within time.

He passed the wounded as they lay upon the ground in their tents, or sitting and gazing out into the rest of the world. He was a tad shocked by the spectacle, as he would've presumed the war would have spent years and years at it's height, but such not the case, it was only in it's infancy, and yet there was such an abundance of wounded before him that he was taken off guard.

He entered the ward, his right hoof gripped firmly upon the wound on his left, expecting a nurse or a surgeon to find him eventually.

(OOC: sorry that my first post is from my phone. I keep getting pulled away from my computer. I decided this would be faster. Also, I'm assuming that your OC is a "regular pony" and not of the Crystal variety. If in wrong let me know.)

Today, just like yesterday and the day before that, had Silver Heart hurrying from patient to patient and tent to tent. From ponies that had been injured following Her Majesty's orders to ponies that had fallen ill and everything in between. It was more than a little irritating for Silver to learn that the anatomy of Crystal Ponies was entirely foreign to that of a regular pony's.

In fact the entire experience had been mostly negative for Silver Heart. From being drafted to help Princess Cadence's army to learning how outdated much of the Crystal Empire's medical equipment and Techniques are. As Silver past a couple of tents she let out a long, slow sigh. Perhaps now she could find a small quiet spot to rest for a few- oh, no there was a stallion bleeding to death. Well that was an exaggeration. It wasn't as horrid a wound as others had. But It looked bad enough in its own right.

Silver walked over to the stallion and forced a smile. "Sir, if you'll follow me please, I'll dress the wound for you." She said as she walked towards an unoccupied tent.

(edited)

@@SilverHeart,

"Thank ye...." he said, following her, sitting himself down on the ground. He proceeded to, with a bit of a struggle, remove his coat as he tossed it to the side. He wondered if he'd find the time to locate a seamstress to patch up his coat, if there was even one in the first place.

"Are all those boys out there wounded from battle?" he asked for affirmation.

Edited by Ivan Braginski ~HI~

(edited)

@@Torrent505@@DarkSonic1221, There was something strange amongst the parts of the forest Artemis was dwelling upon. There was an abandoned cart. An abandoned cart... with perfectly good supplies in the middle of a clearing. It was the least bit curious. She had heard of the rebellion of the Crystal Empire and was happy to know that at least some of them did oppose the unfairness by the name of Cadence. She looked at Lykos suspiciously and they both thought the same thing... however there was a new pony that joined the clearing at that time. Artemis wondered if it was one of the rebels... she had to find him/her she had to know... maybe she could help. In any case if this pony was not of the rebellion it was stealing a cart. So slowly but steadily she dove in the shadows using the skills of a ranger that she had acquired over the years following quietly the pony that she had met. It was sure to be a curious encounter hmmm... what if...

"Hey Lykos... why don't you pop out and we'll see his reaction?"

"Got it... i'll act like i am starving and try to make him/her sympathize with me see what we can get."

On the course that the pony followed he/she saw clearly the wolf that was dragging it's tail and snout down clearly looking for food. Lykos turned curiously with a look of begging to the pony whimping lowly looking at him/her with those big puppy eyes of his like asking for some food.

Edited by nioniosbbbb