Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wayback machine

Crazy Misty

Has anypony used this awesome website?

It's wayback machine! What you do is type a website in the search bar, choose a date and look at the website from the past.

FOR EXAMPLE: Here's watch youtube looked like back in 2008 http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

It's funny to see what websites looked like years ago, I wonder if anyone had the domain "Equestria daily" before :huh:

• Brohoof 1

The Nostalgia Machine? Yes, quite familiar - I use it here and there to look back upon my old haunts, after which I tend to sigh and roll my eyes at how unclassy I was back in the day.

i love the Wayback Machine :),so much fun to view websites i remember going to years ago when i was in middle school, and having them appear just like i remember them.

I used the site successfully to retrieve a story I had written years ago, and posted on a site that went dark...AFTER I LOST MY FILE COPIES when a hard drive went FOOM on me! I re-backed up my story, and lived happily ever after!

• 10 years later...

It's so funny that the October 5th, 2011 one somehow captures me when I very briefly had a different username. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It's such an incredibly useful resource! Sometimes even, downloads for some stuff goes down but they have these backed up. Not guaranteed but it's such a sigh of relief when you see that successful download of something that may have gotten lost otherwise.

Archive.today is also useful as well in case its not backed up on the wayback machine.