Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your thoughts on the imperial legion

Theshadowmaster235

This topic is for your general thoughts on the cyrodilic empire from the elder scrolls games.

I myself support them the legion does have its flaws but no government is perfect despite me supporting the empire I despise the mead dynasty for backing down to the Aldmeri dominion but I would never support ulfric or any of his racist soldiers especially seeing as how the argonians( my favorite race to play as ) are treated in windhelm and the dark elves aren't treated much better this is why I gladly kill ulfric myself.

• Brohoof 1

Hey there, @Theshadowmaster235. I moved your topic from General Discussion to Media Discussion as it involves video games. The latter is best suited to topics about that or any other aspect of media, while General Discussion is best suited for discussion topics that don't fit elsewhere. :)

I support them! Without the Imperial Legion, there would be no law! Can you imagine the chaos there would be without them?!? :o I can appreciate the legion. Especially the ones that patrol the roads across Cyrodill. They are a great help when I fight an annoying creature like a spriggan. :)

Who would be there to say "Stop right there criminal scum!" :P

• Brohoof 2

Stupid N'wah need to GTFO mah Morrowind. CAMONNA TONG FOREVAH

But really, I've always been a "side with the rebels" kind of guy when it comes to games like these, so I guess I'm biased against the Imperials.

Also, I agree basically everything in the video John posted, except that all of those skill/attribute removals and most of the other changes are bad, and I hate that it's ruining the series :(

(edited)

Also, I agree basically everything in the video John posted, except that all of those skill/attribute removals and most of the other changes are bad, and I hate that it's ruining the series :(

Yeah.  I like being able to make a character who is very specific to a class which I customize.  I don't want all of my characters to converge to some all-powerful attribute-less god when maxed.

And I want to go on an adventure!  Not a follow the arrow game.

I want to figure things out for myself, feel satisfied when I do, and develop my character.  I want to spend time thinking about how to solve quests and puzzles, learning more about the enviornment when I do so, and strenghten/harm relations with other characters..

Edited by John

Yeah.  I like being able to make a character who is very specific to a class which I customize.  I don't want all of my characters to converge to some all-powerful attribute-less god when maxed.

I myself prefer the removal of the class system because it allows faster leveling and because it makes it where if you start out playing as a warrior it's easy to switch to being a Mage or an assassin without needing to make a new character although I wouldn't have minded if they kept the attributes.

(edited)

I myself prefer the removal of the class system because it allows faster leveling and because it makes it where if you start out playing as a warrior it's easy to switch to being a Mage or an assassin without needing to make a new character although I wouldn't have minded if they kept the attributes.

Then you don't understand the "role" in "role playing game."   :P

Edited by John

Then you don't understand the "role" in "role playing game."  :P

I do but I also like changing my characters up a little bit here and there and with the removal of the class system it allows me to do this don't get me wrong I have nothing against the other games for having it in fact I enjoy playing as a specific type of character in the other games but I dont think my skyrim experience would have been nearly as good had they kept it.

(edited)

I do but I also like changing my characters up a little bit here and there and with the removal of the class system it allows me to do this don't get me wrong I have nothing against the other games for having it in fact I enjoy playing as a specific type of character in the other games but I dont think my skyrim experience would have been nearly as good had they kept it.

So why have racial differences then?  We might as well have the races just look different, but do away with the bonuses or give them all out with this sort of reasoning.

Edited by John

So why have racial differences then?  We might as well have the races just look different, but do away with the bonuses or give them all out with this sort of reasoning.

Well the different races do have different skill stats they just don't have the attribute differences which again I wouldn't have minded if they would have kept those in I just prefer how your character isn't bound to being played as a specific class anymore but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I completely support them. Especially when you go into why they did what they did, allowing the aldmeri dominion to get some control over them, banning the worship of Talos. They did it to protect the people from the possibility of being slaughtered, and to live to fight another day. Regardless, until Ulfric and his men started making a big deal about it, it's said in the game that most people had their own little places to worship Talos in secret, then the dominion became more attentative and they had to crack down on it when Ulfric started his stormcloaks. Any civilized society needs a functioning government, even if it's not perfect.

• Brohoof 1

I completely support them. Especially when you go into why they did what they did, allowing the aldmeri dominion to get some control over them, banning the worship of Talos. They did it to protect the people from the possibility of being slaughtered, and to live to fight another day. Regardless, until Ulfric and his men started making a big deal about it, it's said in the game that most people had their own little places to worship Talos in secret, then the dominion became more attentative and they had to crack down on it when Ulfric started his stormcloaks. Any civilized society needs a functioning government, even if it's not perfect.

The only thing that I don't like about the legion is that they backed down to the dominion but I do understand why they did. Personally I think if the empire would have sacked summerset isles they could have won the war bit then again if they would have won I wouldn't have been able to see ulfrics head role when I cut it off.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing that I don't like about the legion is that they backed down to the dominion but I do understand why they did. Personally I think if the empire would have sacked summerset isles they could have won the war bit then again if they would have won I wouldn't have been able to see ulfrics head role when I cut it off.

You don't think that the Summerset Isles would have held their strongest magic? If it was as easy as just storming the Isles they would have done it a looooooooooooong time ago.

---

I don't support the military or government as a rule. I support them purely because the game's story tells me to. Otherwise I just take care of the individual townships and the people living in them.

Well the different races do have different skill stats they just don't have the attribute differences which again I wouldn't have minded if they would have kept those in I just prefer how your character isn't bound to being played as a specific class anymore but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Skill bonueses are meaningless except in early game because no matter what you start as, you can use whichever skills you like. Morrowind had this as well, except its a lot harder to exclusively use skills you didn't pick as major/minor. If you play long enough in Morrowind, you will ultimately end up a god with maxed attributes...

...but you are the reincarnation of a God, so that makes sense.

Truth be told, because of perks, an endgame Skyrim character will seem a lot more specialized and narrow than an endgame Morrowind character, assuming there were no roleplaying-based, self-imposed restrictions (i.e. refusing to level certain things).

In Morrowind, your class is merely a reflection of what you did for a living BEFORE the game starts. Its what you're going in with, not what you have to do. You start off narrow and can (and often will) end up with a very broad set of abilities.

In Skyrim, without classes, you start completely generic and narrow yourself further and further as you choose perks. Sure, you still become super powerful, but only in a few areas.

Skill bonueses are meaningless except in early game because no matter what you start as, you can use whichever skills you like. Morrowind had this as well, except its a lot harder to exclusively use skills you didn't pick as major/minor. If you play long enough in Morrowind, you will ultimately end up a god with maxed attributes...

...but you are the reincarnation of a God, so that makes sense.

Truth be told, because of perks, an endgame Skyrim character will seem a lot more specialized and narrow than an endgame Morrowind character, assuming there were no roleplaying-based, self-imposed restrictions (i.e. refusing to level certain things).

In Morrowind, your class is merely a reflection of what you did for a living BEFORE the game starts. Its what you're going in with, not what you have to do. You start off narrow and can (and often will) end up with a very broad set of abilities.

In Skyrim, without classes, you start completely generic and narrow yourself further and further as you choose perks. Sure, you still become super powerful, but only in a few areas.

I haven't played morrowind that much mostly because I keep getting swarmed by cliff racers but I think I might start playing it again. Actually with the 1.9 update in skyrim you can level infinitely which means you can obtain all perks and become super powerful in all areas. Why