Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many languages do you speak (or plan to learn)?

Carbon Maestro

How many languages?  

121 users have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak (or plan to speak)?

• 6 or more

I was learning Japanese, but now I don't know what to do. I'm too stubborn to give up but too lazy and stupid to continue. I hate the fact I went practically nowhere in three or four years, unable to memorize or learn much vocabulary. I worry that I may just have to give up and be ignorant about it.

I don't know why, but I tried learning Arabic, which stated off fine (though I doubt it would be much better), but my mother found out and forbade me to learn it in fear that others consider me a terrorist or something. So I am monolingual and may be like that for the rest of my life like a stupid lazy teenager. ちくしょ。。。

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hebrew, English, Spanish (Mexico and Spain dialect), Japanese, decent Mandarin and an okay amount of Cantonese. I really want to learn Russian, Swedish, Lithuanian, Estonian, and Arabic.

Pretty fluently? Cantonese and English.

Semi-decently? Mandarin.

Not there yet at all but still improving? French.

Currently learning but I barely know a word and am completely unable to initiate a conversation? Spanish

Let's see

Local language : check

Indonesian : quite good

English : I guess I'm fine with that

French : basic structure is ok, need to learn some more vocabulary and more advanced sentence structures.

German : basic verb endings, check, but other than that I really need to review the lessons I have learned.

English is my native language. I'm also learning French (and eventually German) so I can go on to grad school in my degree in Musicology.

• 3 months later...

I only know my native language, english. I took spanish class briefly in my freshman and sophomore year of high school but burned out with it...I don't know, I just don't have the patience for learning new languages, I'm happy with my own thank you. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 2 weeks later...

I speak English native,
I am learning Russian currently, but I am no-where near fluent, with more vocabulary and ability to pick out any words when speaking at normal speed being things I need to focus on (I can transliterate and speak using writing using the vocabulary I know)

9 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

I speak English native,
I am learning Russian currently, but I am no-where near fluent, with more vocabulary and ability to pick out any words when speaking at normal speed being things I need to focus on (I can transliterate and speak using writing using the vocabulary I know)

Russian is a hard language, take your time for it!

• Brohoof 1

I started to learn German a few years ago but had to stop when the microphone in my computer died and I couldn't use Rosetta Stone regularly. Now I want to learn Japanese, but I face the same dilemma. I'm working on finding or developing a different learning system for that. It usually works best for me when I color outside the lines. 

• 3 months later...
(edited)

I can speak fluently 3 languages: French, Arabic and English

I can hold myself a bit in Spanish too

Edited by Xeltor

I’ve officially started learning Japanese. I can’t use Rosetta Stone anymore but that’s just as well since RS is focused largely on listening and speaking. Japanese takes more preliminary work before I can speak it properly. I’ve been at but since April and I’m doing just fine with my instruction books. If I have any success maybe I’ll go back to learning German as well.  

• Brohoof 1

Well I speak pony (ah noo a joke), but ok I understand horses quite good I hope.

But ok frankly, I speak Swedish of corse, and English in some funny made up Texan accent, and German a little bit.

And no I don't plan to learn anything more, I have no need for it at all in my life to come.

• 1 year later...

I speak English and I know some Swedish(still learning). I can remember a few words in French from when I had to take it in high school.

• Brohoof 1