Carbon Maestro

How many languages do you speak (or plan to learn)?

How many languages?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak (or plan to speak)?

I know English (obviously) and some German, but I'm horribly out of practice. I would love to learn Polish, though. I've got family over there somewhere and I'd love to get back in touch with them.

I was learning Japanese, but now I don't know what to do. I'm too stubborn to give up but too lazy and stupid to continue. I hate the fact I went practically nowhere in three or four years, unable to memorize or learn much vocabulary. I worry that I may just have to give up and be ignorant about it.

I don't know why, but I tried learning Arabic, which stated off fine (though I doubt it would be much better), but my mother found out and forbade me to learn it in fear that others consider me a terrorist or something. So I am monolingual and may be like that for the rest of my life like a stupid lazy teenager. ちくしょ。。。

I want to learn Japanese so that I can understand Japanese Smash 4 players. PAC-MAN gets pretty decent results there.

Fluent: English, Italian, Spanish.

Medium: Portuguese, French.

Low: Catalan, German.

Currently learning: Esperanto.

Yes, Esperanto.

I'm a huge nerd lol

the_pen_is_lonelier_then_the_by_seniorpo

I'm fluent in English, and I'm currently trying to learn Ponish. It's actually kinda easy, as it is somewhat similar to English.

I can only fluently speak English, although I know some French, as I took classes for it in High School.

Badges

Hebrew, English, Spanish (Mexico and Spain dialect), Japanese, decent Mandarin and an okay amount of Cantonese. I really want to learn Russian, Swedish, Lithuanian, Estonian, and Arabic.

Badges

Pretty fluently? Cantonese and English.

Semi-decently? Mandarin.

Not there yet at all but still improving? French.

Currently learning but I barely know a word and am completely unable to initiate a conversation? Spanish

Badges

Let's see

Local language : check

Indonesian : quite good

English : I guess I'm fine with that

French : basic structure is ok, need to learn some more vocabulary and more advanced sentence structures.

German : basic verb endings, check, but other than that I really need to review the lessons I have learned.

German, English. Can you guess which one is my mother tongue?

Badges

English is my native language. I'm also learning French (and eventually German) so I can go on to grad school in my degree in Musicology.

Badges

I only know my native language, english. I took spanish class briefly in my freshman and sophomore year of high school but burned out with it...I don't know, I just don't have the patience for learning new languages, I'm happy with my own thank you. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Badges

I only know one language, though I doubt I need to specify which language it is. :mlp_toldya: I kind of want to learn French, since I'm Canadian, but I don't know if I'll ever have the patience.

Badges

I speak English (obviously), a bit of French and a small bit of Welsh.

Badges

I always wondered, do computer languages count here?

Anyway, I can only speak English (and of course my mother language).

Badges

I speak English native,
I am learning Russian currently, but I am no-where near fluent, with more vocabulary and ability to pick out any words when speaking at normal speed being things I need to focus on (I can transliterate and speak using writing using the vocabulary I know)

Badges

9 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

I speak English native,
I am learning Russian currently, but I am no-where near fluent, with more vocabulary and ability to pick out any words when speaking at normal speed being things I need to focus on (I can transliterate and speak using writing using the vocabulary I know)

Russian is a hard language, take your time for it!

Badges