Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many languages do you speak (or plan to learn)?

Carbon Maestro

How many languages?  

121 users have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak (or plan to speak)?

• 6 or more

On a professional level I'm bilingual and speaking English and German. The latter is my native language and the former I started to study in the 5th grade. At the end of my high school I official reached with this language the C1 Level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages languages levels) and after many years of speaking it I (like to) think I'm closer to C2.

On a not so professional level my second foreign language is Spanish which I also studied during school back then and at the end I reached B1 Level with it, but I have stopped speaking and using it a long time ago so .. It's long gone xD On the early 2010s I also started to learn Swedish as a third foreign language, but I'm not sure if I ever reached this A1 Level and I also haven't used it in many years.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Fluently, only English. I'm good (i.e. close-to-fluent) at Norwegian, decent (i.e. have previously lived in Sweden and didn't struggle with the language) at Swedish, and I know a few words/phrases in French, German and Finnish. My German used to be pretty good too once upon a time, but sadly due to disuse I've forgotten a significant chunk of it. @ridaranka sometimes talks to me in fluent German and only then is it really apparent how rusty at it I've become.

I speak English and Latvian fluently but have some limited proficiency in Lithuanian just because it's so close to my own language, Russian because you kinda just have to know a bit of it here and a little bit of Estoniain from having lived there for a short while. I tried to get into learning Italian in the past but it never stuck.

8 hours ago, daviddaviddavid said:

Fluently, only English. I'm good (i.e. close-to-fluent) at Norwegian, decent (i.e. have previously lived in Sweden and didn't struggle with the language) at Swedish, and I know a few words/phrases in French, German and Finnish. My German used to be pretty good too once upon a time, but sadly due to disuse I've forgotten a significant chunk of it. @ridaranka sometimes talks to me in fluent German and only then is it really apparent how rusty at it I've become.

Ja :)