Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Pinkie Pie cuter with straight hair or poofy hair?

Champion RD92

Straight Mane or Poofy Mane?  

78 users have voted

1. 1. Straight or Poofy?

• Straight
    • Poofy

Definitely poofy hair! I wish I had poofy hair :( My hair's dyed hot pink in honor of Pinkie, but it's totally straight, so now I look like I'm in Pinkamena mode all the time O_O

When I first saw Pinkie Pie, I didn't like her poofy mane. But it grew on me, and now I love it!

Pinkie without her poofy mane, is not Pinkie.

(edited)

im sorry to say but i actully like her better with striat hair

As Iron Will would say, "Don't be sorry... be assertive!"

Actually, I've always liked Pinkie with straight hair. And she isn't always sad when it's straight, even if it doesn't stay that way for long.

post-2257-0-84903900-1341452671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

I approve of this.

A double approval is in order.

• Brohoof 1

A double approval is in order.

Actually, that sort of manestyle would suit her better as Pinkie gets older, or if the episodes centred around a holiday.You know, something for special occasions.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, that sort of manestyle would suit her better as Pinkie gets older, or if the episodes centred around a holiday.You know, something for special occasions.

Or for a special somepony. ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Poofy hair all the way!

Happy Pinkie > Sad Pinkie!

I like how she looks when she has her hair down, but she's just so cute when she's happy! :D

Umm, this is COMPLETELY off topic...but who's the pony on your profile picture?

and I like Pinkie with poofy hair. She really reminds me of a psychopath with straight hair.

Edited by Midnight Melody

I concur with the majority here: poofy hair conveys Pinkie's personality better so by extension is the superior hair style.

(edited)

Filly Pinkie is best Pinkie Posted Image

'cause she looks totally sane in that picture, right? :P lol

what a silly question! poofy pls! no poofy, no pinkie pie :)

I personally like the straight hair better. But Pinkie just isnt Pinkie without her poofy mane!

Definitely poofy hair! I wish I had poofy hair :( My hair's dyed hot pink in honor of Pinkie, but it's totally straight, so now I look like I'm in Pinkamena mode all the time O_O

As Iron Will would say, "Don't be sorry... be assertive!" Actually, I've always liked Pinkie with straight hair. And she isn't always sad when it's straight, even if it doesn't stay that way for long. post-2257-0-84903900-1341452671_thumb.jpg

Ah, Full Spectrum beat me to it!

Two reasons you don't need to associate straight hair with Pinkie going depressed:

post-1477-0-10237800-1341506450_thumb.jpg

It actually looks like Pinkie is TRYING to get her hair to be straight!

For special occasions... Like the Gala? ;)

One day Pinkie will discover a way to straighten her mane... One day...

(There's even a soundtrack for Pinkie trying to get her hair straight one day: "

"

Pinkamania is actually colored differently than straight-haired pinkie.

Lookie:

Posted Imagepost-1477-0-10237800-1341506450_thumb.jpg

Crazy Pinkie is darker and less saturated (Not "lit up"), not to mention I think her eyes are elongated slightly to give that wide-open crazy look. Straight-haired Pinkie, isn't. So you needn't associate straight hair with Pinkie's depression.

That being said, they both look adorable, it'd be interesting to see things stay fresh and mixed up by seeing her like that for awhile. Maybe she tries it as a style for awhile.

Lol, maybe one episode Rarity will decide to give them all makeovers.

18:33-18:44

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rGclLmmzsE

Well, it really depends upon how you define cute. After all, there are different forms of cute. There's the general bubbly cuteness that Pinkie typically exudes, which her poofy hair suits better than her straight hair does. There's the broken "you want to give her a hug because she's so sad" kind of cute, which her straight hair fits far better than poofy hair.

In general, I think I prefer her with the poofy hair, if only because it appears to be much harder for her to feel depressed when she's got her poofy hair versus her straight hair. I don't like seeing Pinkie depressed because it hurts and reminds me too much of my own constant depression.

But then I see things like this:

post-1234-0-70152000-1332165734_thumb.png

And suddenly I've no idea what to think...

I love her "cotton candy" mane, but at the same time, for some reason she seems a lot more believable with the flat hair. It also makes her look like a real character. I mean, I like her element and mood and all, but it gets a little unbelievable after awhile, like she's a one-role cardboard cutout of a character. But thankfully I gained a lot of love and respect for her in "Baby Cakes". I mean, I liked her still, but I gained a lot more respect in "Baby Cakes", it was kind of her redemption episode for me. She can be bubbly and happy, but it can go too far, and she needed to learn about that responsibility.

I guess what I mean to say is, straight-haired Pinkie looks more mature. Still keeping her upbeat and wonderful personality, but also responsible and a bit more wise and less naive, but still just as bubbly, energetic, loving, Pinkie Pie and laughter-full as ever. I mean... Look at it:

post-1477-0-10237800-1341506450_thumb.jpg

Except this Pinkie wouldn't hesitate to save the world so she could indulge in chocolate milk rain :P

... Don't you like me, PDS?

Posted Image

I like you, Twilight!

Take a hug from your pal, Pinkie Pie!

Posted Image

Edited by EASA - Matt

(edited)

I have a contribution!

I Volunteer Tribute!

My own vectored image of happy, Straight-haired Pinkie:

post-1477-0-60348800-1341549026_thumb.png

Well, partially my own. I gotta give this guy credit for the original vector. Faces are just too hard to do in GIMP. I gotta get a real vectoring program :P lol.

At first I followed it pretty closely to Pinkemania, but then I decided to make it more poofy by having the forehead poof go out further. That way it doesn't have that scary, chilling reminiscent look of depressed Pinkie.

The poof - her energetic cheerfulness, is still there, but now she looks more mature with the straight hair, more depth, wisdom, and understanding and empathy in addition to her cheerful nature :D

This is a Pinkie that'll say; "I know how to stop Parasprites, guys! You just play polka and they'll all follow you out of the town! Help me gather instruments, please!" Instead of just assuming everyone knows ;)

Thisis the Pinkie that when Twilight asks: "Did you reset the apertures like I asked?"

Will reply: "What are apertures?" Instead of saying "Yep!" and having Twilight almost lose an eye.

Yet, she still retains her cheerful, energetic, bouncy nature. Pinkie 2.0

Edited by EASA - Matt
  • Brohoof 1