Glike

Light Vs Darkness  

55 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Light
    • Darkness
    • Both Equally
    • Don't Care

So, do you prefer being in a light environment over a dark one or vice-versa, and why? Why do you think some people like spending time in the dark, or in the light?

I personally enjoy being in a dark room. I find it very relaxing, and I'm the type of guy who just loves to think. I feel at ease in that environment, and I don't feel distracted by both mental and physical obtrusions.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer something in the middle. Light enough to see, but not so bright that it's blinding me. Dark enough to give the room a calming vibe, but not dark enough where I can't even see my own hands. 

(edited)

I like them equally. I do most things in the light/day, but I like to sleep, meditate, think, etc, in the dark. So I guess you could just say that I use them for different purposes.

Edited by King Ghidora

I like daytime, although it's cooler at night. Because during the night, I have to rely on artificial light to see, and I prefer sunlight. Although the night can be good too (depends on my mood). I like things to be pretty well lit.

I'm going to have to go with darkness. I hate the heat and the coldest part of the day is when it's night. Light can also times be very painful. At my college's early morning class, the person who turned on the light was considered the devil...

Only downside, visibility goes way down in the dark. As long as I'm not driving in it though, everything's golden.

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

I do like a bit of light so I can see what i'm doing, but I do prefer darker rooms over lighter ones.

I like both, but I have more affinity with darkness. Light allows to see the beauty of things, but darkness allows you to imagine them, and it gives you a calm and relaxing vibe. I sometimes like to spend time lying in my bed in total darkness contemplating life 

It's weird, because I'm scared of the dark but I like the dark more than the light... My fear of the dark is only really indoors though, dark enclosed spaces aren't my thing.  :(

I like to stay up all night. The feeling that everyone is asleep but me.

Both of these describe me really well I like staying up at night and being on my own but as soon as I want to go to sleep I cant.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I put both. My reasoning is that humans are diurnal creatures, we exist in the light. We need light to make essential vitamins to keep our bodies running. But darkness is exciting and mysterious. The unknown is innately more interesting than the known. The darkness also reveals the little lights that we miss in the day, like the stars and fireflies. The light is something that we can explore vividly, it paints the picture of our reality. The darkness makes us wonder what's really there, and stretches our minds. One cannot exist without the other.

Edited by Diamondeye83

I sometimes like the dark and sometimes like the light. What really sucks is a room that's dim but not dim enough to be considered "dark." Plus I'm pretty sure that kind of lighting can be damaging to your eyesight after a while. Darkness is cool especially for watching movies and stuff but for reading it's better for your eyes to read with enough light. Plus a really well lit room can be very nice and warm-feeling. It's just that in-between where it's not well-lit but it's not dark either that sucks.

I have a mild form of "Snow Vision" (Like seeing static 24/7). It's mostly notable on bright surfaces, or in the dark. I enjoy the darkness, but if I'm trying to be productive, or just feel better I need to have lots of light. My mood skyrockets when there's sunshien (Not very often where I live)

(edited)

Complete darkness, except for the light from my computer monitor or my phone!

The sun burns my eyes and I hate it. The middle between the two is alright though.

Edited by crazitaco

I always have to have light. My room is very bright, lol.

I don't like the sun, though. I can't stand being outside. That's too bright (and hot) for me!

I like both, tbh.  Love the daytime, b/c its mostly calm and breezy and night.........quiet and peaceful.  Not to mention, I take out my telescope almost all night to view the stars, planets, and the moon, :).