Light Vs Darkness  

55 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Light
    • Darkness
    • Both Equally
    • Don't Care

Well, I've got to have my room well lit >.>

But besides that, I tend to enjoy darker places. Things just to be a lot calmer then. Plus, the bright sun really bugs my eyes. Oh, how I love overcast and stormy days.

Light. I love the feeling of the sun and my favorite time of day is right before noon. I feel the most active when it's light out. I also like the associations of light: Holiness, creation, healing, life, safety, knowledge, etc. Darkness has it's place, I can't sleep with so much as a flicker of light in the room, but I'll always be a son of Celestia.

• Brohoof 2

Lol, majority votes are for darkness.  That's somehow just hilarious and awesome.  I voted darkness as well.  I like to play games in a fairly dim room with a small, soft lamp.  Also, I commonly use the word "Darkness" in the context from Black Jewels Trilogy, if anypony has read that.  I.e.  when someone dies, they "return to the Darkness," in Magical Mystery Cure, Twilight "made her Offering to the Darkness," etc.  In the Black Jewels universe, the Darkness is basically Heaven, as well as the Force from Star Wars.  It's everything.

• 4 years later...

I prefer low lighting in my room, tho I'm more picky about the color temperature of the light source. I like my lights to be around 2000K (amber/orange) or lower. I don't like white light or bluish tinted lights.

• Brohoof 1

I like it dark. It's more relaxing and peaceful on the eyes, even though some degree of natural sunlight is good for the brain and general well-being. 

3 hours ago, Phosphor said:

I prefer low lighting in my room, tho I'm more picky about the color temperature of the light source. I like my lights to be around 2000K (amber/orange) or lower. I don't like white light or bluish tinted lights.

I agree, I like warm yellow light over the white or blue kind. Everything is LED now and it makes the room look like a fish tank. It's pretty in its way but for overall comfort I like good old fashioned incandescent light.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I like it dark. It's more relaxing and peaceful on the eyes, even though some degree of natural sunlight is good for the brain and general well-being. 

I agree, I like warm yellow light over the white or blue kind. Everything is LED now and it makes the room look like a fish tank. It's pretty in its way but for overall comfort I like good old fashioned incandescent light.

Have you tried the vintage style LED's? I use them in my house and love em.  The color temperature is pretty low.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Phosphor said:

Have you tried the vintage style LED's? I use them in my house and love em.  The color temperature is pretty low.

I don't think I've seen them, but I haven't been aware of them before. Now that I have a reason to look I'll take a gander next time I get to the store. I'd love to find something like what you mentioned here. :-P

• 3 weeks later...

I always prefer the day over night, I always have to have my room well lit, I've always loved bright, sunny days, I've always had a fear of the dark...yeah, I'm pretty sure I prefer light over darkness. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
(edited)

Both.

2587077.jpg

God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all. If we say, "We have fellowship with him," while we continue to walk in darkness, we lie and do not act in truth. But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, then we have fellowship with one another,

-1 John 1:5-7

He made darkness His secret place; His pavilion round about Him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
— Psalm 18:11

Edited by Steel Accord