Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Ship makes the least sense to you?

ggg-2

Thread title says it all. Personally, i'd say, RariMac. Big Mac being shipped with any other of the mane 6 besides his sister, I can make sense of. TwiMac, Twilight is one of the smartest ponies in Equestria, and likewise, Big Mac is often portrayed as possessing surprisingly high intelligence. FlutterMac, both are shy but incredibly sweet. MacinDash and Big Pie, well opposites attract right?

Rainbow Dash x Fluttershy. 

I dislike this ship with burning passion, because it's just completely inbelievable. Rainbow cares about Fluttershy, but she treats her as her little sister, who needs to be protected. Something similar to how AJ treats Apple Bloom or Rarity Sweetie Belle. She loves Fluttershy. She would do everything for her, that's for sure. But I just can't see them as a couple. Rainbow Dash is fast, sometimes harsh and always very passionate. She needs someone, who would keep up with her, who would understand her needs and passions, who'd let her be herself. Fluttershy is just too calm, too slow, they both would go crazy after few months. Fluttershy needs someone who would hold her in the middle of the night, who would be calm enough to help her with her fears and give her a sense of security. What Rainbow needs is the total opposite. They're great as friends, but as a couple, it just wouldn't work... Their lifestyles are just too different. People (and apparently ponies too) are able to change a lot, but they can't change themselves that much. 

• Brohoof 3

Fluttermac, it's just a pair I can never see going forward, nevermind the fact that they never even appeared in the same screen until Filli Vanilli(and even then that episode reinstated the fact that Cheerimac was still a thing)

• Brohoof 3

Pretty much all of them, honestly. To me, they all tend to feel forced purely for the sake of shipping. Vinyltavia? They've never even been on screen together. They just both like music. Lyrabon? Okay, they hang out a lot. Know who else hangs out a lot? Good friends. Any of the Mane6 with each other? No. Just no.

I just..... I just don't really get shipping in general.

• Brohoof 3

Pretty much all of them, honestly. To me, they all tend to feel forced purely for the sake of shipping. Vinyltavia? They've never even been on screen together. They just both like music. Lyrabon? Okay, they hang out a lot. Know who else hangs out a lot? Good friends. Any of the Mane6 with each other? No. Just no.

I just..... I just don't really get shipping in general.

This is my opinion on shipping in a nutshell. ^

Although, the weirdest ship out there has to be Spilight. Do I even need to explain? 

• Brohoof 4

there are a lot of shippings i dont like because they dont make sense to me

the one that makes the least sense would have to be...

cheerilie x sombra (yes this exists)

worst ship ever, especially since sombra has no character

• Brohoof 3

This is my opinion on shipping in a nutshell. ^

Although, the weirdest ship out there has to be Spilight. Do I even need to explain? 

... weirdest ship out there has to be Spilight

... has to be Spilight

Spilight

what in the literal what

8u2b.jpg

• Brohoof 2

ApplePie. I just don't see it. Also, they might be related which makes me feel weird.

Twilestia. Celestia has always been more of a mother figure and mentor for twilight. I don't see them being a couple.

• Brohoof 3

I feel kinda sad in saying pretty much any pairing between the mane 6 (minus Applejack + RD) and Spike in all cases except Rarity don't make much sense to me. And those two exceptions I feel are... a good bit unlikely anyways.

Maybe just shipping in general is 90% off in terms of chemistry/context to me.  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd have to say that some Twilight and Celestia stuff is pretty farfetched.

That is the reason I now filter the Fan Fictions.... 

Anything involving the CMC.

Wait.... What? This actually happens?  :huh:

Edited by The Golden Cross
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to say that some Twilight and Celestia stuff is pretty farfetched.

That is the reason I now filter the Fan Fictions....

Wait.... What? This actually happens? :huh:

Yes. Saw one when I was looking for a specific Scootaloo fic about a broken scooter, and then later on someone's tumblr.

(edited)

post-622-0-92954000-1370988998.jpg

I mean, just what the heck is this vessel anyway? (Sorry, I couldn't help but joke around with the title...)

The true answer for me is sparity. I guess it's a bit cute having spike with a sort of childhood crush, but some people out there take that a little too far. The relationship is pretty much one sided and Spike isn't even a teenager in terms of the dragon life cycle. There are certainly weirder hypothetical ships out there though (like Blueblood and Chryssi)...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 8

Sparity for obvious reason. Sorry Spike, she loves you, she's just not in love with you. Also ApplePie was ruined for me by the episode "Pinkie Apple Pie;" which is unfortunate since my wife most reminds me of Applejack and Pinkie Pie most reminds me of myself.

Twist x Gummy.

Yes, this is an actual shipping.

Also the shippings that pair the Mane 6 with background ponies (eg. Applejack x Caramel; Pokey Pierce x Pinkie Pie). I don't know where these ships came from and I don't really care. They just confuse me.

Twilight X Flash Sentry (I refuse to use that horrible ship name).

Like most ships, they were never together in the first place. Not to mention that Twilight deserves better than that useless Flash Sentry.

• Brohoof 1