A Matter of Arcane Love (Private 1x1 between me and The Ponyville Critic)

Scarlet Kitten

Star splashed around a little, she watched Arcania write out the letter using magic.

Watching others perform magic had always been an interest of hers, so maybe if she could read books

like big ponies could, she'd be able to learn how to do more than just levitate objects.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcania smiles as she then sends the letter and Lotus giggles "Aaw you are such a cute little filly, I jsut love your little fluffy ears" she says as she gently washes the filly. She nuzzles her "you are quite lucky to have such a loving adopted mother" she says and tickles her tummy a little while Aloa went off to the cafeteria to get the filly some nice and filling food.

A thought came to her mind, it was the last thing she remembered of her parents before they left.

"Now now, little one. Go to sleep. Mummy will be here in the morning."

"She told me she'd be right back..." She sniffed, how could she even begin to trust anyone after that?

"Arcania?" Twilight whispered. "Could we have a word, uh, in private?"

Lotus frowns as her ears droop "That isn't good, perhaps something happened to them?" she suggests

Arcania nods and goes with her "What is it Princess? Am I in trouble?" she asks softly, she was worried about Star, "Is Star in trouble? She's only a little filly! She was in an impossible situation!"

"Yes, I understand that, of course..." Twilight led her away. "...but Equestrian law dictates that we have to search for her biological parents before any kind of adoption can take place. I know it's not what you want to hear right now. However, in the absence of any parental guardian, you can be granted temporary guardianship over her. Which is sort of like being a mother, in a... weird sort of way." Twilight looked at Star. "I was fortunate enough to grow up with my own parents... so I can't imagine what she's going through, but I can tell you this... you need to show her, that there are people who love her, prove to her that you won't leave her like her own parents did."

She nods "Of course Princess, i understand and I most certainly will, the poor little filly, I'd do everything within my powers to make sure she feels loved and wanted." she says, looking over to her, "I have more than enough funds to make sure she is fed properly, has a shelter and has toys that she can play with" she says with a soft sigh, "Princess Celestia would most likely want to meet her too"

"Why do you say that? With my role as princess I can handle the missing ponies search." Twilight said, a little curious.

Star was humming a little tune as her mane was being dried, her mane had grown a bit since last she had it cut, about 2 months ago, it would be.

"Oh, it's just you know that Tia was my mentor at school, much like how she was yours, she would want to see my ward" she says softly, looking down a bit and sighs "you know I still have trouble opening up to ponies because of the bullying I got" she says, fiddling with her mane a little.

"Absolutely, I understand... just let me know if you need any help with anything, okay?" Twilight said before looking to Star then back to Arcania and smiling. "Anything at all." Twilight walked back to the group.

"Arcania! Arcania!" Star ran up to her. "Look at me, I look so shiny." She exclaimed, grinning.

She smiles and hugs her lovingly, nuzzling into her mane "You sure are sweetie" she then kneels down and looks at her in the eyes, "Sweetheart, Princess Twilight has told me she has to track down your birth parents, so until they are found and things are sorted out, I cannot be your full mother, but I have custodial of you, which means I am at least your guardian and I will never, ever, ever leave you." she says and hugs her close, "I love you"

"...I love you too." Star said, snuggling into her with a few tears in her eyes. But they were tears of happiness.

Her life would be completely different from here on out, no more sleeping under bridges and no more stealing to get by.

She had a mother now. A real one.

Arcania smiles and continues to hold her close, "Fluttershy, do you think you cold come over please?" she asks and the shy, timid yellow mare walks over.

"H-how can I help you A-Arcania?" she asks

"Well, I know you don't really like being pampered like Rarity does, do you think you could look after little Star while I get cleaned up?" she takes out some bits and gives them to her "Here, take her out to a nice lunch and then to get some new toys"

She nods "A-alright m-miss Arcania, Star, c-come with me please"

"Okay, Miss Fluttershy." Star turned and smiled at Arcania before trotting off with Fluttershy.

She felt a little odd with this pony, though there was something oddly relatable about her.

"Are you a friend of my... mum's?" Star asked. "She's nice, I like her." Star had a skip in her step.

Fluttershy nods "I am, and she is very nice" she says softly and she smiles at the filly "I've known her since my first visit to Canterlot with the girls, Twilight told us how she was always in the library and helping her study" she says with a soft sigh, "do..do you like animals?  I have some critters at home"

"Hold up, Arcania. I'll do the same." Twilight said, following after her. "Are you absolutely sure you know what you're doing with this? With your job as head of the Canterlot library, I don't think you'll be able to spend as much time as you would think with her."

Arcania smiles "I'm sure dear, I could always hire the best foalsitter in Equestria whenever she is in town, you know that your dear sister in law would absolutely love to spend time with her" she giggles "that mare has such a beautiful heart" she says softly

"I'm sure she would love that, she has a mother's instinct in her, same way you do." Twilight said, putting a hoof on Arcania's shoulder. "I know you've wanted a little foal for a while now, so I'm really happy for you. I hope all of this works out for you." Twilight sat down on the chair. "A hooficure, if you will... there's diplomats meeting in the castle today and I need to look my best."

Aloe nods as he begins to give Twilight her hooficure, "I know, and you know as well as I do, that the only way that was possible for me is to adopt, with me being..well barren and all" she says, she sighs but smiles "Star is a little cutie and I'd never leave her, I just want her to be safe and happy"

"Good, because that pony even in the short amount of time she's known you seems to hang on every word that you say." Twilight said. "She's looking for a beacon of hope in this world and that's you. No pressure or anything, but in her eyes, you really are her mother now. Legally, well that's another case altogether."

She nods "I know Princess, I asked Rarity to make a special pendant for her, it's nothing much, but something that she can always look at whenever she feels lonely or sad, she deserves only the best" she says softly. She smiles "she is a real sweetie and well..." she smiles softly "i love her so much"

"I know, it's nice to see you this happy..." Twilight smiled. "Now, after my meeting is done, I'll get the paperwork started and we'll start looking for Star Gazer's parents, if they are not found then you get to keep full custody of her. Though, if we do find her parents... well, we'll cross that bridge if it comes to it."

She nods "I understand Twilight" she says with a small nod and smiles again "how could they have abandoned her though? that I just don't understand, and strangely enough, she seems familiar to me, I just cannot figure out why" she says "It's as if her parents are known to me for some reason.."

"I'll speak to you later, okay? Don't hesitate to drop by, and we can talk more about this." Twilight was done, she smiled before walking off.

A small while after, Star returned alongside Fluttershy with a slightly tattered looking teddy bear. She was snuggling into it, it was adorable.

Arcania smiles "aaw isn't that adorable, but you didn't want to choose a new teddy?" she asks as she kisses her filly's nose with a small, soft smile "I can more than afford it deary" she says and hugs her "how does your mummy look?" she asks once more and turns around a litlte

"You look so shiny, like me!" Star snuggled into her. "This is my old teddy bear, I kind of left him under the bridge..."

"When I mentioned it, she just ran off..." Fluttershy said.

"Sorry, I just couldn't leave him behind... he's my favorite." Star said, taking the little teddy bear and hugging it.