KAYOU collectible MLP gen4 Cards.

Arrlong28

(edited)

The other day I was thinking about collecting the MLP cards but they came out a long time ago, around 2013. Searching for those cards, on Aliexpress I saw some KAYOU Brand cards, very cheap (20 euros/dollars for a box of 20 or 30 card boosters, depending on the set). Between 90 and 100 cards in total.

Does anyone have information about them? I bought a pack of 20 card boosters to see. I've read that in China they are extremely popular... And there are many different sets. Some more expensive, others cheaper, another from Pony Life...

Has anyone seen them and has an opinion on the cards? The few cards I've seen have seemed very nice, and they don't seem to be for playing, just for collecting.

I have bought a pack of 20 collectible card boosters, but I won't be able to open them until September, because I will open the boosters with my friends.

When I have them I will post photos.

Original KAYOU My Little Pony Cards 3th Friendship Eternal Cartoon Rare AR  SGR SR SC Collection Card For Kids Gifts - AliExpressKAYOU-tarjeta de Anime My Little Pony, tarjetas eternas de la amistad,  paquete Huiyue, tarjeta de colección rara SC SGR, regalo de juguete,  tarjeta de princesa

Edited by Arrlong28
Delete Fake cards image
  • Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

There's like a lot of sets... Those are some more. Also I found some of the cards look amazing like this one. But there are a lot of sets... OmC.Kayou My Little Pony Offical Series 5 Applejack & PEAR BUTTER YH-SC-024 NM  SSP | eBay

KAYOU-tarjeta de Anime My Little Pony, tarjetas eternas de la amistad,  paquete Huiyue, tarjeta de colección rara SC SGR, regalo de juguete,  tarjeta de princesaBooster-Kayou My Little Pony Box Collection Card – GRAND ANIME CARDTarjeta KAYOU auténtica de My Little Pony, tarjeta eterna de amistad  limitada del 40. ° aniversario, tarjeta SC rara, juguete para regalo SGR,  tarjeta de princesa | Walmart en líneaTarjeta KAYOU My Little Pony, tarjeta eterna de la amistad, paquete Huiyue,  tarjeta SC rara, tarjeta de princesa de juguete genuina SGR | Bodega  Aurrera en línea

• smile 1

They were probably all made after 2020, given the Modern MLP logo used in them

Quite ironic to not have cards with G5 characters :mlp_huh:

• Excited 1

I've seen many videos opening packs to check if it's worth, they came to Brazil very recently and I'm thinking buying some packs, Kayou even released a themed collection binder I'm also willing to buy!

34 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

They were probably all made after 2020, given the Modern MLP logo used in them

Quite ironic to not have cards with G5 characters :mlp_huh:

Looks like Kayou only bought the rights for FiM/G4, which is understandable knowing that these cards were made for the fans and G4 is insanely popular in China. The new logo is now used for both G4 and G5, there have been other G4 merch releases from the past months featuring the new logo, so it makes sense.

• Brohoof 2
  • Thanks 1

(edited)

Woah! These look awesome! For a second, I thought this was like another trading card game that they started and got excited XD

You still find cheap cards from the MLP CCG on amazon and a few sites, however trying to find someone to play with you is hard.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
edits
  • Excited 1

1 minute ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Woah! These look awesome! For a second, I thought this was like another trading card game that they started and got excited XD

As far as I know, it's only collectible. But I don't like to play card games anymore, so for me it's just perfect... I'm Excited XD

• smile 1

26 minutes ago, Arrlong28 said:

As far as I know, it's only collectible. But I don't like to play card games anymore, so for me it's just perfect... I'm Excited XD

Of course, they look really great! I hope you enjoy them and post them here!

• Excited 1

3 hours ago, donutmasterjoe said:

I've seen many videos opening packs to check if it's worth, they came to Brazil very recently and I'm thinking buying some packs, Kayou even released a themed collection binder I'm also willing to buy!

Looks like Kayou only bought the rights for FiM/G4, which is understandable knowing that these cards were made for the fans and G4 is insanely popular in China. The new logo is now used for both G4 and G5, there have been other G4 merch releases from the past months featuring the new logo, so it makes sense.

And also strangely enough, G5 merch featuring the G4 logo :mlp_confused:

• Delighted Giggle 1

Be careful if someone wants to buy these cards, because they are so popular in China that there are some knock-off... Like this.

Almost bought some.  

S788a20c7ab5a4d6bac695956a5b0635fu.jpg

Ok, probably this week i'm going to receive the cards. 

Meanwhile i'm going to post some information i've found about those cards because there are a LOT of series and different sets.

Be careful if you buy them from Aliexpress: they come from China and maybie you need to pay taxes or the like. If you find a dealer in your country, better buy those sets to them even if they are more expensive, for a "no trouble" experience.

Starting from Cheaper to more expensive.

Series 1 (2 Yuan) and Series 1A (2 Yuan). This are the most cheaper packs, 30 boosters per 15euros/dollars Aliexpress. I think those are 5 cards per booster, 150 cards per box.

KAYOU-tarjeta de Anime My Little Pony, tarjetas eternas de la amistad,  paquete Huiyue, tarjeta de colección rara SC SGR, regalo de juguete,  tarjeta de princesa - AliExpress

ricebud.my, Online Shop | Shopee Malaysia

Series 1 (5 yuan). 20 Booster packs per 20euros/dollars aprox.

KAYOU-caja de tarjetas de colección de Pony My Little Pony, personajes de  Anime, Twilight Sparkle, regalos para niños, periféricos de Hobby de papel

Series 2 3 and 4. 18 booster per box, 40 aprox €/dollars

Kayou My Little Pony Friendship Fore - Assorted | Toys”R”Us China Official  Website

PREMIUM. 5 Boosters. 30-40 dollars/euros. The most expensive cards, but very beautiful cards if you like Pony Life Styles. Specially the 12 Zodiac Cards, but as far as I see there are more styles.

Booster-Kayou My Little Pony Box Collection Card

Zodiac Series Pony Scope PROMO 2023 KAYOU My Little Pony Card 'SGR' 🌈🦄 Pick! - Picture 1 of 16

New ¿Soul Beat? Box. Something Like music Band MLP Themed cards... 

image.png.c742e81845c4c96babcf20c634f68a5d.png

Looks like G4 is very strong in China!!! But man, there's a lot of merchandise there aside from cards...

• Brohoof 1

I believe the last one are acrylic stands and not a card series. Besides the cards, Kayou also do acrylic stands for G4 and they are as beautiful as the collectible cards. :lookup:

• Excited 1

15 hours ago, donutmasterjoe said:

I believe the last one are acrylic stands and not a card series. Besides the cards, Kayou also do acrylic stands for G4 and they are as beautiful as the collectible cards. :lookup:

Those are very pretty. Man... There's a lot of Cool MLP FiM Stuff in China!

I opened two sets of the Premium "Stardust Zodiac... don't know how to Call It" Set.

Very beautiful cards... Here are some photos. Sadly Iv'e seen more "Rare Zodiac" cards than the 12 zodiac specials but I just didn't found any list to see all the cards in the collection... 

image.thumb.jpeg.11a09e02161cce39a75d1ef49d5baefb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1e94a6ab872bf0809ea3be89b3ff3f0a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0037b77e762e0ba381a9e9a57aa47e4a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f61ca8c4153b7661002f6a8e7610a8ca.jpeg

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Excited 1

Hold on a second... These are not playable cards, are they? :Sunny-huh: I mean they are super cute but I thought you could use them to play like Pokémon or Magic cards... At least I saw once MLP cards somewhere on the Internet which could be used for playing and really wanted them :izzy-oooh:

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Finding_Marty said:

Hold on a second... These are not playable cards, are they? :Sunny-huh: I mean they are super cute but I thought you could use them to play like Pokémon or Magic cards... At least I saw once MLP cards somewhere on the Internet which could be used for playing and really wanted them :izzy-oooh:

G4 does have playable cards but the ones made by Hasbro are old and not many collectors play it anymore. They are like this:

IMG_3982.thumb.PNG.0475b01a5d71d9b82933ee2f075db679.PNG

Now, there are recent game cards made by Renegade Games from last year, but they are not like trading cards where you open booster packs, they come with a rulebook and a set with add-ons such as stands and dices, more like a roleplaying card game.

The cards from Kayou are only trading and collectible cards. More like art cards. They do have a lot of cool/nice looking, glittery and cards with special effects, only for collection purposes, basically having your own FiM gallery, or a collection of "My Little Card Pony". :D

• Party! 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, donutmasterjoe said:

G4 does have playable cards but the ones made by Hasbro are old and not many collectors play it anymore. They are like this:

IMG_3982.thumb.PNG.0475b01a5d71d9b82933ee2f075db679.PNG

Now, there are recent game cards made by Renegade Games from last year, but they are not like trading cards where you open booster packs, they come with a rulebook and a set with add-ons such as stands and dices, more like a roleplaying card game.

The cards from Kayou are only trading and collectible cards. More like art cards. They do have a lot of cool/nice looking, glittery and cards with special effects, only for collection purposes, basically having your own FiM gallery, or a collection of "My Little Card Pony". :D

I see. Still love them :Pip-giggle:

• Brohoof 1

Ok guys... Iv'e made a Discovery about this cards.

It turns out that the difference between the series is that the Rare cards are different, but the base standard cards are the SAME!

I have 98 boosters... I'm going to have a LOT of common cards. :manic-laughter::griiin: 

I'm going to make card albums with the repeated cards I have, and sell them to see how much I get... :derp:

• Delighted Giggle 2

1 hour ago, Arrlong28 said:

Ok guys... Iv'e made a Discovery about this cards.

It turns out that the difference between the series is that the Rare cards are different, but the base standard cards are the SAME!

I have 98 boosters... I'm going to have a LOT of common cards. :manic-laughter::griiin: 

I'm going to make card albums with the repeated cards I have, and sell them to see how much I get... :derp:

More cards mean more ponies. I see no problem here :Pip-giggle:

• Delighted Giggle 1

• 2 weeks later...

I made one cardbook with the repeated cards I have (planing to sell them) and my Main Cardbook, space for 900 cards. The big one. It tourns out there's good products in Aliexpress after all.20240802_033548.thumb.jpg.7496aff86c75edf0651d05a83cd7e18c.jpg20240802_033650.thumb.jpg.1e3e0ec170a65095d598899a250a6657.jpg20240802_033805.thumb.jpg.9ddfa21bb4bf9ec015aa95fb6bb314a6.jpg20240802_033823.thumb.jpg.eace9a74424e33fe590bdaabedaf331b.jpg

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Excited 1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been so useful in finding info and more images about the cards! I guess cos they're not sold in most western countries there isn't a lot of information about them. Do you know where someone could find a list of all the cards available, or do you ever plan on uploading photos of your full collection? I've found a few places but their lists are incomplete, and as a collector its driving me up the wall xD 

• smile 1

1 hour ago, Discordess said:

This thread has been so useful in finding info and more images about the cards! I guess cos they're not sold in most western countries there isn't a lot of information about them. Do you know where someone could find a list of all the cards available, or do you ever plan on uploading photos of your full collection? I've found a few places but their lists are incomplete, and as a collector its driving me up the wall xD 

I know a French online shop called "Hamacards". They helped me collecting this cards. They have a service of buying soecific cards and they send the cards from their partner in China. They have the lists of the cards. If you buy some cards, they will share the lists with you.