History and Evolution of the Spanish Language.

Arrlong28

(edited)

¡Bienvenidos cadetes!

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S3 E7 "Wonderbolts Academy" Recap - TV  Tropes

(sorry for my broken English but for now this is the best I can do!)

My name’s Arrlong28.

This is my first post about learning Spanish, where we are going to learn the History and Evolution of the Spanish language!

Spanish (like other romance languages like French or Italian) is a more complex, passionate and poetic language than English.

For most people it’s a language difficult to learn. We are not most people: we are Bronies and Pegasisters! We have the resources, the will to make this lessons count!

Also, there’s 1.000 Million Spanish Speakers in the world. If they can, you can!

THE EVOLUTION OF SPANISH LANGUAGE:

The Spanish language have it’s origins in the common or vulgar Latin spoken in the Roman Empire but with the passing of the years has evolved fast and in a very special ways.

One of the theories I support is that the Spanish language come from Basque People speaking Latin. Basque people are a matriarchal society, in the north of Spain with a VERY unique language and culture.

Like the Basque language, Spanish has 5 spoken and written vowels.

A E I O U

And some words are influenced by Basque like “Zulo” (A quind of hole) or “Ardilla” (Squirrel).

Then the Visigoth, Suebi and other Germanic tribes arrived at the Iberian peninsula as leaders and conquerors. That means that the population that spoke latin with Basque influences received Germanic influences.

For example, the words “Yelmo” (Helm) or “Guardar” (to guard).

After the Germanic peoples arrived, the Arabs and Berbers conquered almost all the Iberian Peninsula, and stayed there for 700 years… wich is a lot of time.

So Spanish has a LOT of arabic influences, for example in words like:

“Alcalde” (Mayor) Al’qadi, “Cafre” (a brutal person) Kaffir.

And in the Grammar, but those are more complex to write here.

From here, Castillian Spanish arrived to the Americas by the conquistadors around 1500’s when the language was evolving, we add the influences of native American words such as "Chocolate" or "Tomate" (Tomato).

Almost all conquistadors came from Extremadura and Andalucía regions, when the ruling of the Arabs ended. That’s why Spanish is today widely spoken in Central and South America. In the North of Spain we have different languages than spanish: Galician, Basque, Catalan, Valencian…

(Even for me, a Catalan, I don’t think of me about being a Spanish speaker, but a Castillian Speaker because Spanish is not native to our lands even most of us speak Spanish and Catalan as natives).

Passionate language?

There’s like a LOT of words about love and the intensity of that love.

Poetic?

The name’s of the parts of a guitar are a good example. Neck, Mástil (mast). Truss-rod, Alma (Soul). Fingerboard, Diapasón (Tunning ¿Fork?), Pick guard, Golpeador (Hitter).

Etc… Etc…

Are you ready to learn Spanish?

Edited by Arrlong28
Typo's
  • Excited 2
  • Thanks 1