Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Episode references in the movie

Courageous Thunder Dash

(edited)

Okay, while I was watching the movie, I heard and saw quite a few references to actual FIM episodes

The ones I remember are

1. The scene where the human CMCs are watching a YouTube video of their performance and reading the comments. The video is a reference to Show Stoppers. 

2. The scene where human Rainbow Dash says "So Awesome." This was an Applebuck Season reference as it uses the SAME sound clip from that episode. 

3. The use of the Elements of Harmony and Twilight's speech reflect that of the pilot episode. 

That's all I remember right now. 

Anypony found any references they remember?

Edited by Thunder-Dash

Human Fluttershys introduction is a reffrence to her introduction in the first episode and when she starts crying they use a sound of her saying "Fluttershy" from that same introduction (it wouldn't be the first time they re used it)

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's dance is a reference to Sweet and Elite, and Scootaloo dancing like a chicken is sort of a reference to when Apple Bloom calls her a chicken, though I suspect it is more of a reference to the fandom's jokes about said scene.

(edited)

Pinkie wishes she had a party cannon - reference to Sweet and Elite in the way she phrased it, though the cannon is recurring in future episodes such as Canterlot Wedding and Crystal Empire.

Pinkie Pie's straight hair and displeased face during her hairdo scene is a reference to Cutie Mark Chronicles and specifically Party of One.

Edited by Blique