Derpy eBay Plush Review

Flutter's lover <3

So...Couple weeks ago I ordered a Daring Do plush, on eBay.

I guess Derpy mailed herself to me instead of sending me Daring...

I knew I had gotten the wrong plush when I opened the package, I Seen a yellow eye staring back at me, instead of a magenta one....I then proceeded to open the package and discovered Derpy inside it. She really is a ditz.

Stitching is pretty well done for a plush from a China eBay seller. Eyes and her cutie mark are all stitched on. The only real gripe I have about it though is her cutie mark is off...and it's only on her left flank. I found the sellers Daring Do plush a lot more interesting, and Daring was cheaper, because she wasn't as popular as the Derpy plush the seller has.

Which is why I wanted Daring instead because he was more interesting, and I like Daring more than Derpy.. And for the cost of shipping Derpy back, it's probably gonna cost me  just as much to just buy another Daring Do. I'll be contacting the seller today at some point, see if they can send me a Daring free of charge or at a price cut.

But overall I'm happy/sad....happy that it got shipped here in the time it did (2 weeks?) usually takes a month to get stuff from China....this even had free shipping on it.I'm sad that it isn't Daring....

Here are my ratings:

Quality: 8/10

Stitching is fantastic, I don't know if it's hand done or machine done but it's pretty good. Her wings are also anchored in with inserts of some sort...so they're not coming off any time soon. She's big. She's also REALLY soft, might be mink fabric,I'm not sure.Very Huggable.

Attention to Detail: 7/10

Would've gotten 9 or 10 if her cutie mark was on both flanks.....her hooves are a little off to but no biggie.

Show Accuracy: 7/10 

her colour scheme is right, right colour eyes...and they're even wall eyed. Losing marks because her  cutie mark isn't really all that show accurate.....and she didn't come with a muffin.Her mane could've been a more yellow colour too.

Bottom Line:

It's a great plush, definitely shelf worthy in a store. You can tell it's Derpy right away. I would recommend this to any brony/fan of MLP. She's big enough to snuggle in bed with! Which is one reason I got her.(She's the same size as the Daring Do plush I had originally wanted)

Some pics, for size comparison and over all looks.

post-16340-0-73318500-1376337974_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-08478500-1376337990_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-37356700-1376338010_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-56017300-1376338023_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-00507400-1376338053_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-84130000-1376338067_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-61530300-1376338087_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-96555700-1376338102_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-38459500-1376338123_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-14616000-1376338150_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 6

Fluttershy's lover, she's my waifu. I'm in love and obsessed with her, she's given me shyabetes. *Hnnnng*

Keep3555Calmsig600x100HOBOFont_zpsd659ba 

Yellow Pink Squee Blogs | Ask one of Fluttershy's biggest fans | Official Fluttershy fanclub page

Thank you for posting a review of your plushie :) I have been wondering what these plushies are like, and if they were cheaply made etc. your post pretty much sums it all up, very detailed description and pictures... I am buying one of these as soon as i get my paypal account set up, Thanks!

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Rock, you are a rock. Gray, you are gray. Like a rock, which you are. Rock.

Great idea. I'm getting a Rainbow Dash plushie from littlewolfstudios next month. I might do the same thing.

We should possibly have a spot dedicated to this if it works out well, although I am sorry to hear about the mix up.

Thank you for posting a review of your plushie :) I have been wondering what these plushies are like, and if they were cheaply made etc. your post pretty much sums it all up, very detailed description and pictures... I am buying one of these as soon as i get my paypal account set up, Thanks!

No problem! and you're welcome  B)

Great idea. I'm getting a Rainbow Dash plushie from littlewolfstudios next month. I might do the same thing.

We should possibly have a spot dedicated to this if it works out well, although I am sorry to hear about the mix up.

Yea,it'd be neat to have a "review board" for merchandise.Let others know if something is worth buying or not.

Also, I might just go ahead and order another Daring Do....and hope to Celestia  I get her.

Fluttershy's lover, she's my waifu. I'm in love and obsessed with her, she's given me shyabetes. *Hnnnng*

Yellow Pink Squee Blogs | Ask one of Fluttershy's biggest fans | Official Fluttershy fanclub page

Very thorough review :D Wish I was as motivated to make such lengthy reviews for my own plushies (Spitfire could have probably used one xP), but, regardless, she's pretty cute :3 May not have gotten fantasy adventurer pony, but I think the mail pony shipping herself to you, because she wanted some love instead, makes for a pretty unique story that not all bronies can brag about.

• Brohoof 1

fSnYzne.png

Indeed. I'm a sucker for plushies....I'm a bit leery sometimes ordering from China, but then I think, a lot of stuff comes from China anyways, so I dont' see it being a problem.

and for hte price, I couldn't refuse to get her.She is adorable. I kinda like her more than my Fluttershy plush. Realising the ironicness of the mistake it made for a  fun story. Makes me feel less upset about getting the wrong pony. I still love her <3. She's my favourite shipping mistake.

I enjoyed doing the review. it was fun. I may do one for my Fluttershy one ,in the first picture, too, now that I think about it. Same review style.

P.S.I rather like that Spitfire plush. She looks about the same size as my Fluttershy. 

• 2 weeks later...

magical.wealthy88 was the seller.

But I"ll be ordering another Daring from another seller. there's a few of them on eBay that sell the same two plushes