Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Industrial Engineering

Mr. MeisterMaster

One week ago, a strange device appeared over Canterlot. And after a period of silence, unleashed a beam of destruction that leveled most of the city. Without warning, it proceeded to the Crystal Empire and did the same. It returned to the ruins of Canterlot, and the mastermind revealed himself as the Grand Engineer. He explained to those who would listen, his plans of rebuilding Equestria into a better empire. 

In the week, A bustling city has begun to replace the ruins of Canterlot. A growing group of supporters have begun rebuilding The city, and leaders from neighboring countries have arrived. In fear of their own land's safety, they signed treaties confirming they will not interfere in the disorder of Equestria. One nation that did not arrive however, and gained the anger of the Enginereer, were the Zebras. Claiming they will be loyal allies to the true crown.

In preperation for war, The Grand Engineer spread recruitment propaganda across Equestria to raise an army willing and able to show the zebras their place. At this time however, A surprise came to The engineers attention. Ponyville is home to a fourth alicorn princess, one who has led the town to secede from his new reign. In reply to his own recruitment methods, Twilight has created a beacon in Ponyville, calling all who could help to their aid. There, the rebellion's headquarters was started. 

You will begin in one of two places, depending on who's call you answered. Those who followed the Engineer's propaganda will begin In the New Canterlot. Those who collected at Twilight's beacon will begin their adventure in ponyville. The next chapter begins, now...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: I hope real cars like Ferraris are allowed here...)

Thunder was in Ponyville readying all that he had. This supposed "Grand Engineer" was not going to take over the place for himself. He was working on his Hennessy Venom GT, preparing it for whatever he faced. "Ohh...I wish Nitro were here..." Thunder said to himself as he continued to work on his car. 

Re understood that he could and would help, but he was too busy for now. He was on the brink on creating his latest invention; anti-magical armor. An armor that would make him impervious to the OFC and all other types of direct magic. The only problem is that it required superconductors to repel the magical fields, which required extremely low temperatures that are hard to maintain in room temperature. He spent the night in the lab and didn't sleep. Experiment after experiment, all failed  but got him closer.

"So close. I'm so close."

Nobuseri, engaging in preemptive diagnostic check for trans-dimensional shift maneuver... now.

Systems Operation check commencing:
Primary A.I. : 'Nobuseri'... Checking in, over
Support programs and hardware... green lights across the board
Systems Operation check: cleared for launch

Structural Integrity check commencing:
Load Bearing Mechanics... operating within acceptable stress limits
Interior Support Frame... zero flaws detected
External Hull plating and sealants ... maximum efficiency rating achieved
Structural Integrity check: cleared for launch

Weapons Systems check commencing:
Primary Weapon... calibrated and ready for engagement
Secondary Weapons Arsenal... cleared for deployment
Weapons System check: cleared for launch

Preemptive diagnostic check for trans-dimensional shift maneuver: All systems optimal.

Engaging trans-dimensional shift maneuver... Calibrating search parameters in alignment with original asset... Target located and viable for armed intervention... Abnormality detected... Analyzing... Abnormality identified... Source confirmed as 'Princess Twilight Sparkle'... Confirmed as priority point of interest upon arrival... Scanning local area for viable landing zone in closest proximity to 'Princess Twilight Sparkle'... Location confirmed... Generating isolated gravity well at target location... Trans-dimensional shift maneuver taking effect in... 3... 2... 1...

...Execute.

Quill Wit looked out the window of his temporary apartment in Canterlot. Where he lived now was part of the reconstructed area and it overlooked a plaza that was still mostly covered with rubble from the destruction of the city. Above the city, floated the ominous cannon. The cause of this destruction. He could feel the pull of the beacon and it made him feel both happy and sad. Happy that someone was attempting to do something about this mess, and sad that he himself was not able to join this rebellion.

He would not leave his charges behind. He turned away from the window, he could not bare to look at the dreary state any longer. There on cots lay two of  guardsmen. While clearing rubble he found them and brought them here. If found they would surely be killed, just as surely as when they are healed they will join the fight...

Quill Wit, while unable to make it to Twilight's side, was going to make sure his every waking moment was helping her. When the delegates from other nations arrived he started collecting word on their allegiances. Some of them he knew were only there to save their own people and were sympathetic to the cause. If he could make figure out which were willing to help, and get the news to the Princess, they would have many allies to help take down this upstart.

Re took his time admiring the somewhat successful 'other' experiments. Among the many were: an artificial sun, anti-magic goop and sleeper agent microchips. All of them caused huge causualties in one way or another. The ponies either quit or died trying. The alarm blared, interuppted his thinking.

"Dimensional anomalies detected. Warning: Single entity breach. Location is ponyville, origin unknown." The computer voice repeated until Re turn off the alarm.

"Now I got to deal with this... good thing, Ponyville is five minutes away." MisterRe took the sun out of the containment and into a portable holder and opened the chamber into the evergreen.

"Here. I go."

(edited)

Discord, dressed in a fancy suit and tie and carrying a briefcase walked into the throne room of the Grand Engineer's cannon station. He spotted the engineer and walked over to him. He dropped the briefcase with a loud thud and said, "Prepare for unforeseen consequences..."

At the same time that morning, Twilight and her friends, now turned rebel band planned their maneuvers and documented their assets in the golden oaks library. It wasn't looking good... In despair Twilight saw her friends out the door and after it closed, slumped on the ground crying. 

What am I doing? She wondered to herself. I wasn't prepared for this, I rushed in without thinking, and now my friends will suffer for it. Celestia, did you feel this way? having to lead good ponies to their dooms in a failing cause. I am not able to fight a war. I need you. Please help us... Wherever you are. Please. 

Almost in direct answer to her plea, an ear ringing explosion was heard from the edges of the town. Please don't let it be an attack. We can't handle an attack now. She threw herself outside and rushed to where she heard the noise. Reaching the destination she stumbled to a halt. 

In front of her stood a large mechanical being. Oh Celestia, what evil creation of his is this? 

Edited by Mr. MeisterMaster

(edited)

"Trans-dimensional shift maneuver: Complete.  Scanning area for priority point of int... Oh, you are right here.  Princess Twilight Sp... your Highness, I detect that you are in an emotionally disturbed state of mind at this moment and pray that it is not because of my sudden arrival or alien appearance.  I wish for you to understand that I bare no animosity towards you or any law abiding citizen in this peaceful nation.  I am here to save you.  Have I made myself transparently clear?"

Edited by Nobuseri

(edited)

The Grand Engineer was pouring himself a drink when he heard a loud noise behind him. He spun around and spilled the drink all over himself. He saw Discord standing there.

"Prepare of unforeseen consequences."

"What?" The engineer worked on wiping up the spill, "What consequences do I have to fear? You said that as long as I don't harm your dear Fluttershy, I will be ok. Do you feel like changing our deal?"

Edited by Techngee

Thunder had finished tuning his Venom GT and hooked it up tot the diagnostic computer. "Scan weapons." Thunder commanded the computer. "Scanning and calibrating weapons." It repeated. After the diagnostic test was complete. "This "Grand Engineer" won't get away with this..." Thunder stated as he got into his Venom GT and revved the engine. 

Mister Re had the weight of the smallest star in his saddle pack. If it wasn't for his natural strength, this dense object would have broken his back. He came running from the hatch he called his lab and his home to ponyville, where the anomaly presented itself.

"I'm coming Princess Twilight."

OFC throne room 10:30am

@@Techngee

"Change our deal?" Discord conjured himself a chair and a glass of chocolate milk. "No. Of course I didn't even realize we had a deal. I thought it was a case of you going on your merry little conquest of equestria while staying out of my way. As long as you do my job for me, we should be all fine and dandy." Discord chugged his milk, got up, and picked up his briefcase. "I just wanted to give you a warning. Something to even out the field a little bit. Anyway, you have a new guest waiting." With a poof he was gone.

In the doorway to the throne room stood a white mare, one that could not be mistaken for anyone else. 

Outside Ponyville 10:30am

Twilight stood in shock at the new arrival, and it took her friends arriving and nudging her side to break her stare. 

@ 

"I'm sorry," she apologizes, "Even after the surprises I have faced recently, you still amaze me." Celestia, Did you send him?Does this mean you are still out there? Of course he could be a design of the engineer. But if he was, the town would be in ruins already and hope would be all lost. 

It was Rainbow Dash that broke Twilight's silence and thoughts. Rainbow Dash flew at the being and began inspecting him. 

"This is so awesome! Can I keep him?"  

Pinkie pie was right behind Dashie, and she began climbing over him with her own inspection. 

It was applejack who convinced Twilight with whispered words, "He came out of thin air to supposedly help. I don't see how it could hurt having him arround for a while." 

(edited)

"Setting wave emissions to EMP and flash, no harmful radiation that might kill anything. 1 mole of hydrogen would last 10 seconds." Re came to the edge of town, his heart racing and head pounding.

"I hope I'm not too late."

Mister Re spotted Princess Twillight after running past fluttershy's cottage and through the town itself. There he saw a enormous machine standing before her.

"No..."

Edited by MisterRe

*Nobuseri, still standing upon the exact location that he arrived at in this universe, does nothing to interrupt the activities of the more overtly curious entities that are currently occupying themselves with learning all that they can about him by sight and touch.  Instead, Nobuseri observes those that have stood at a distance, namely Princess Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity.  This reception is not surprising to Nobuseri.  Due to his previous encounters with alternate versions of Equestria and its denizens, he knows that there are some things about people or places that never change, and he hopes that this Equestria is as closely similar to the 'Equestria: Prime' universe as possible, if only to eliminate as many unnecessary and nonstrategic variables as possible.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, there is nothing for you to apologize for and I can only presume to understand what you are referring to.  My name is Nobuseri, and I have traveled to this world with the intention of assisting you, your friends and all other forms of life that exist on this planet in the fight against evil.  You may already be wondering why I know you by name even though this appears to be our first encounter, but that information will have to wait.  We need to discuss what has recently happened and how to best resolve the problem."

Quill Wit Wandered through the Canterlot rubble And reconstruction areas. Unsure of exact directions in the new city layout, he generally made his way toward the center of the city. Eventually he found his goal, The Canterlot Library and Archives, Now in ruins. Seeing the general devestation caused by the cannon was disheartening already. Seeing his own personal memories and the countless years of accumulated knowledge destroyed in an instant brought him to a new low. While returning home, He saw a group of ponies arguing about the Sparkle Rebellion. "Excuse me, can I ask what you know of the rebellion? And in theoretical speaking, do you support it?" 

"WARNING!  PROXIMITY ALERT!  POTENTIAL THREAT TO ALLY FORCES DETECTED!" The message prompt sounds off inside Nobuseri's head, commanding his attention away from the current conversation partner towards another .  "IDENTIFY!" Nobuseri shouts out loud to the voice only he can hear, spontaneously startling all those around him.  "Scanning... Target identity confirmed: object of interest: a star."  "EXPLAIN!  HOW IS THIS EVEN AN ISSUE?  IT DOES NOT EVEN MAKE SENSE!" Nobuseri frantically responds.  "Scan suggests that the object of interest is traveling towards this location at minimal speed only a few feet away from the surface of the planet."  "That does not explain HOW this alleged star is a potential threat,  it would be impossible for it to be near any other celestial body without incurring any kind of gravitational repercussions."  "Nobuseri, I think we both know what makes this issue a valid threat.  What is important is how you proceed with this information."  "Regardless, what is the E.T.A. and from what direction is it approaching from?"  Nobuseri retorts to the disembodied voice.  "G.P.S. places it's approach originating from South by South East, and will arrive within minutes."  "Thanks." Is Nobuseri's final reply.

"Girls, I am sorry for that unexpected out burst, but it appears that my arrival to and presence in this world has invited the strangest of reactions from a local scientific absurdity towards this location.  I politely request that you vacate the area for fear that this confrontation may be life threatening towards all of you, the heroes of Equestria.  You six are an asset that is not characterized as an acceptable loss.  Please comply."

The Grand Engineer pauses for a split second, thinking about what discord said. Even out the field? Everything is already going my way! He breaks into loud laughter and walks toward the mare, none other than Princess Celestia. "My queen, Have a drink. I think it will make our talk go a lot easier. If they can get easier. You already said what you wanted and you know what I want, there negotiations are done. Just give the word and everything will be all over."

Re sprinted and ran through the schematics of his artificial sun to avoid unnecessary force. The experiment held inside his saddle pack was a catalyst designed from carbon fullerenes and nanotubes. Two spherical carbon balls, descending in size covered the outer core, which was comprised of a nano tube spindle layer that is also spherical. Inside, The inner core is a dwarfed star, containing enough gravitational energy to start a fusion reaction. Hydrogen permeates into the first and second layer of fullerene and comes in contact with the nano tube layer(Having only two entrances into this) . This spindled layer has the purpose of speeding up the molecules round and round by gravity until it reaches the ignition point: The center of the star. Lastly, fusion energy is filtered through the outer layer creating adjustable frequencies of light waves.

"Launch." Re stopped and released the safety lead casing, crushing a hydrogen vial into the catalyst. He waited two seconds before chucked the sun grenande. "Blast radius: 50 meters."

Airborne, the projectile started glow with increasing intensity. The first dim now blinding object expressed its electrical properties with a blue plasma membrane that emanated 50 meters from its origin. The thing landed somewhat far from the alien unknown but close enough to be afflicted by the EMP.

(edited)

"​Nobuseri, the object has lost velocity but has begun to act like a kind of... grenade.  E.M.P. discharge detected upon impact with ground."  The voice informed Nobuseri.  "IN THE PRESENCE OF A PRINCESS AND THE FORMER BEARERS OF THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY!?  I will discipline them."  He replied.

Nobuseri launched himself towards the offending object, breaking the sound barrier from a stand still, upon arrive at the device, Nobuseri kicked this 'sun grenade', his foot shattering the device upon impact and launching what ever remains of it  into low orbit in a fiery blast of intense heat and nuclear radiation.  Once Nobuseri saw that the immediate threat to the area was out of sight, he scanned the area for the perpetrator.  Upon seeing the only other; with a lack of any better identification for it, 'intelligent being' in the area, Nobuseri flew to its location, leaned down and grabbed it by the throat.  Resuming an upright posture, Nobuseri lifted the pony off of its feet and looked it in the eyes.

"You dare?  YOU DARE!?  DID YOU NOT SEE THE COMPANY I WAS ENGAGED WITH?  AND IF YOU DID, WHAT MADE YOU THINK IT WAS APPROPRIATE FOR YOU TO LAUNCH SUCH A LUDICROUS ATTACK TOWARDS THEIR GENERAL DIRECTION?" Nobuseri bellowed.  Pulling the pony in very close so that their faces are pressed against each others so as to not allow the pony sight of anything but Nobuseri, he then says in a low calm voice, "You have thirty seconds to explain yourself or I will throw you towards where you weapon was sent.  Commence dialogue."

Edited by Nobuseri

10:40am Airspace over Canterlot

The OFC began moving, slowly at first, as engines and systems woke up, then increasing in speed. That of itself was a shock to the Canterlot citizens down below, but even more so was seeing the Alicorn leading it. Leading it straight toward Ponyville. Two Seemingly polar opposites, one small kind princess, and one giant evil laser, working together. Most people below were wondering what this could portent. 

10:40am Outside Ponyville 

@@@MisterRe

Twilight saw it all happen so fast. A yellow orb arced in her direction,A sonic boom, then the orb shot up as the robot punted it. She heard rarity scream as the being picked up the stallion who had apparently thrown it. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, who were thrown to the ground as their subject left them, were in a daze. 

Twlight's mind was once again put in overdrive.

What is happening? Is this one working for the Engineer? If he is, would our divine helper kill him? Would he kill him if he wasn't? 

Finally she spoke in a loud voice, "STOP IT! PUT HIM DOWN! HE-" Whatever she was going to say was mumbled and dropped as she saw the sky. The cannon, responsible for the death of her mentor and destruction of two cities was coming her way...

@

"Why? It's because I'm afraid for Twillight's life. Not many things come from another universe you know. How should I determine whether you are good or bad before its too late and everything I care and love would be demolished." Re's face was stern, unafraid of the mighty machine that held him high as it if were stronger than him.  He looked up now and saw an enormous satellite positioning itself above ponyville.

"Great, now we're all doomed. The thing you kicked into space would've saved us."

(edited)

As Nobuseri listened to the pony's answer, he heard Princess Twilight's plea for the release of the unknown assailant.  Nobuseri immediately dictated to his hostage, "Transgressor, it seems that your princess values your life and does not perceive you as a threat.  I will comply with her command, however, you WILL obey a single condition for your release; LEAVE, AND NEVER LET ME SEE YOU IN THE SAME REGION AS HER OR HER FRIENDS AGAIN.  You can take this advice to your grave, 'When you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of YOU and ME.  She does not need to be protected by anyone so reckless."  Upon finishing the sentence aloud, Nobuseri released the prisoner from the height that he elevated it to with no regard for inflicting any more pain upon him then he had already incurred.  "Was that interaction warranted?" said Nobuseri's inner voice.  Turning on his heels, Nobuseri flew back to the disheveled group of mares that he had spontaneously abandoned moments before, "I have no idea what kind of world we have arrived in, but I will not tolerate such brazen disregard for life, especially their's."  was Nobuseri's response to it's inquiry.  While landing amid the group, Nobuseri observed the condition of each pony but it seemed that the previous event was irrelevant to their collective interest now.  Nobuseri broke the silence by saying, "I apologize for what has transpired at this time but I am glad to see that you all seem to have survived despite-" The voice interrupted him, "Nobuseri, we have another potential threat."  "WHAT!?  IDENTIFY!"  Nobuseri yelled again.  "Scan ineffective at this range but you can observe it from your current location.  G.P.S. places it over government capitol labeled 'Canterlot', but that is not all, it is moving, towards this direction."  Nobuseri turned his head to observe that which he was informed of and immediately froze.

Nobuseri consulted with his private conversationalist internally, "Is it really possible?  Has this Equestria successfully developed an Anti-Hostile Personnel High Altitude Device?  But if this is true, why is it so large?"  "More importantly, if it is what you think it is, why is traveling towards our location?  What could it's target be?" was it's response.  Still staring at the mobile structure, Nobuseri's view shifted from the object above to the space below.  Canterlot as he knew it, an elegant array of classic construction designs, was missing, and in its place, something vulgar usurps its place upon the cliff side of the great mountain it once adorned.

At length, Nobuseri finally breaks the silence once more by saying, "Girls, I have two questions that you need to answer immediately.  One.  What is that thing?  And two.  What happened to Canterlot and it's occupants?"

Edited by Nobuseri

Thunder was still driving through Ponyville. "Twilight, Twilight, where is Twilight..." Thunder said to himself as he continued to drive throughout the streets of Ponyville. He needed to find her, for he had some stuff for her to protect against this so-called "Grand Engineer". 

@

"Buddy, You're not the boss of me. I can protect her just fine because It was a non-lethal explosion! And dodo, It's a freaking space laser. We can still save this town while its still positioning onto our location. Twilight quickly gather all of the unicorns and turn Ponyville mirror plated. The laser operates on a light delivery system to transfer it's magical destructive power into the target area. I should know, I worked in the progression of that big dingo in the sky."

Re sat down and started drawing. "My calculation is the laser will be finished positioning in 20 minutes... or 5."

Quill Wit left the group of ponies as quickly as he arrived, He followed under the station as it moved above the city. dreading what was about to happen. As it left the city limits, he, stopped, unwilling to leave the two wounded soldiers alone in a compromised environment. Too many engineer supporters abound in this area. If Ponyville is truly about to be destroyed, as much as he hated to admit to being a coward, Quill wit saw no reason to throw himself into the body count. So he returned home to his two patients and began tending to them, Waiting for the light and noise signifying the destruction of another city.