Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

"A duel? That sounds rather interesting, or could it be that you are trying to trick me into something? In the end, it doesn't matter, since I will regardless." The assassin said with a smile.

"But on one condition, move the kid over here, I want to see if your claim is genuine.." The assassin said flatly.

Jack tensed up further at that statement.

"Sorry Lady." Ember said to be polite for now. "But I don't trust you enough, He''s gonna go over there and you're just gonna run away like the scared cat you are." She taunted. "No reason to see if the claims genuine if you're so confident on winning~"

• Brohoof 1

"My my, you are going to involve racial slur's now? I am going to miss you when all of this is gone." The assassin said with amusement.

"But you are right because none of you creatures had any involvement in the matter until the moment you tried to intercept, which is really a shame."

The assassin suddenly warped straight next to Ember which she then smashed Ember's head straight into the wall.

"Ow..." Ember growled "You say that statment like if Equestria had given Jack to you your wouldn't have attacked us but we both know that's not the case." She took a step forward taking multiple lunges at the assassin One hit that's all I'll need. Just... One She thought while she struck relentlessly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"A correction, they would still have attacked you, but had you given him to me, i not would have bothered to stay in this mudball in the first place. Would it be a crime that i would try to reunite with my only son?" She said in a mocking tone as she kept jumping back a bit while trying to dodge Ember's attacks, though the dodging was proving difficult because of the narrow tunnels they where in.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Yea. The way you treat him it is wrong to let you two reunite!" Ember said "People like you make me sick. Not caring for anyone but yourself pitiful... The dragons used to be that way them I took over and changed that. We grew stronger quickly, as you could probably tell." She never let up her assault even while speaking each of her strikes where precise and powerful

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Oh, I can surely tell." she mocked.

The assassin was still dodging but started to notice her disadvantage.

'To cramped for far dodges, this could prove dangerous.' the assassin thought.

She wall jumped against the right tunnel wall to gain a fast momentum, bashing straight against Ember, it was not meant to damage her, but to skid her to halt, in which the assassin quickly jumped back after.

"Your attacks are precise but... you are too slow because unlike you I don't just rely on my body, but use even more extraordinary means. I would have suspected you would have figured that out by now, but you didn't, which makes me wonder... Are you really worth fighting? If this is your best, I might as well take the boy and escape." The assassin said with a tilt of her head.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Ember took a step back away from the assassin "Oh this? It's not my best. But Enhancements? Really?" Ember asked angrily. "Strength isn't in battles you win. Or how tough someone you can beat is. It's about what you fight for and how much you devote yourself to your cause and to the others that need you. You don't have strength only the desire to win." She took another lunge putting her full body weight into the thrust aiming at hitting the assassin chest hoping to hit and pin her down.

• Brohoof 1

The assassin narrowed her eyes at the sudden thrust, it was faster than normal, she quickly teleported a bit back to avoid getting hit.

'Her speed increased for a moment, interesting, this is going to be more of a fight then and I thought.' the assassin was thinking.

'I guess it is time to get my disadvantage out of the way first.' she thought with a smirk forming on her face.

The assassin made a second copy of herself, only the copy stood there, drawing its arm blades as it charged at Ember, while the real one had teleported somewhere close, which was performing something unknown.

Ember knew ahead of time this was a clone. The assassin was smarter than that. Ember stepped sideways into a spin her lance hit the clone. She moved closer to Jack knowing that he was the assassin's target anyways. "Stay close, and be quiet for a bit." It had hit a point where ember wasn't playing around anymore next time she saw that assassin she'd be going all out.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was trembling a bit but nodded, not knowing what to think of the entire situation.

it was quiet for a few moments until...

Suddenly lots of magical blasts were fired close to their position.

The assassin was taking pot shots with her attacks as the projectiles were flying all over the place, some detonating very close to them, which caused explosions.

While the assassin did not see them, she did knew they wouldn't have moved in such a short amount of time, and was trying to draw them out of their cover.

The projectiles itself were almost like fireballs. exploding with fire effects made it explode with tiny flame burst all over the place.

'Let's see what they do about this.' the assassin thought with amusement.

Ember could handle the heat but she knew Jack wasn't a dragon "You gonna be ok back there?" she asked, not turning around, "I can handle these flames but, we can move if you feel we need to." Ember, who absolutely hates cowardly unicorns sat there and took up as much of the blasts as she could with her lance, knowing it could take up all theses small blasts.

• Brohoof 1

"I am not sure if moving if is a good idea, I think we should only do that when the explosions really get too close, but for now we should stay in cover."

Jack thought for a moment.

"It is better if you conserve your weapon to block against stronger magical attacks later on because I know for a fact she is going to use very devastating ones against you once she gets the chance, infact.. could you stand in front of me? Those flames shouldn't even hurt you, but i could get easily incinerated by those, especially with how many of these projectiles are being fired." Jack said.

"We should keep this method and wait until she stops firing, she will only be wasting her time while we can stay unharmed that way."

Ember nodded carefully moving closer to Jack turning to face him and spreading her wings in order for the flames to not go past her and hit Jack. "Alright kid, I trust you. Let me know if a larger attack comes at us then and I'll absorb it then." She waited for something to happen, anything could at this point.

• Brohoof 1

he nodded back.

"Ember, I have a quick question, since your weapon is able to absorb magical attacks, is it also capable draining the targets magic itself? If it is capable, there might be an advantage in there, but there is something I must mention, she is the same race as me, which means her magic generates from her soul, not her body. So even if the magic drain might not stop her magic usage permanently, she won't be able to use any magic for a while, that is where you will have an even better chance at striking." Jack said.

The projectiles were still detonating near them, but they were still safe for now.

"That's why I wanted to hit her so badly earlier," Ember said staying as low as she could hoping one didn't go over her head. "Hold on I've got an idea." The dragon princess turned to face the maelstrom of fire and looked for the Assassin once Ember saw her target, she flipped the lance grabbing it but the large point aimed carefully, and switched from the point to the handle grip, tossing the Lance, with her full strength at the assassin. 

• Brohoof 1

The assassin was forced to jump away as the lance almost hit here, even though, it didn't hit its target, it worked as an amazing distraction as the assassin had been forced to stop her barrage of magical attacks.

Jack quickly shot a magical blast close to the lance, the shot landed exactly where he wanted, it detonated a bit away from the lance which caused it to fly back towards them with an upwards loop as it was rotating through at a constant 360 degree.

"Catch!" Jack said to Ember, indicating for her to catch the Lance.

Ember focused on the weapon watching the handle closely she waited for the right moment and flying as she caught it losing her balance when she did. She grunted as she caught herself in mid air. She listened and waited for the assassin to return.

• Brohoof 1

Slow clapping from coming from a distance. "You impress me, it seems that luring out does not work on you, but I can try many strategies, we will just have to find out which works on you won't we?" She said.

The assassin suddenly reappeared straight from the air via teleportation as she jumped straight towards Ember with both her arm blades extended.

Ember noticed her move. This was her chance, she flipped in the air letting the assassin pass by her in the middle of the flip Ember trusted the lance forward hitting the assassin in the leg, not a lot but enough after a few seconds the lance broke into pieces Ember tossed the, now useless, handle aside and drew the danger she had with her. "No magic this time. Just a one on one duel!" 

• Brohoof 1

The assassin was bleeding from a wound in her leg, yet she did not pay any mind to it.

"So you disabled my magic? Smart, but you are like the 5th person who did this to me, and I can assure you, this is no handicap to for my standards." The assassin said.

She smirked deeply, an evil intent in her eyes.

"Your move." she said.

"Ya, Ya that's what they all say," Ember kicked the handle back into her hand and threw it at the assassin dashing close in order to cut the assassin a few times with her knife before she back off into the air again. "But usually they aren't ready to not have it."

• Brohoof 1

The assassin smacked the handle away when it came close, but when Ember charged, the assassin had to act quickly as she blocked the first attack with her arm blade, the second attack, however, managed to cut into the assassin's left arm it when she tried to dodge it.

The assassin ducked on the 4th attack and slashed Embers leg, it was not a very damaging cut, but it did manage to make it bleed.

She was about to attack again when she saw Ember fly back in the air again.

"So, you are going to use that to your advantage huh? I guess it is only fair if I give myself an advantage to even out the odds."

The assassin suddenly sprinted straight towards Jack.

He was suddenly scared by his mother's action but tried to fire a spell at her.

But to his dismay, it didn't work as the assassin grabbed his hand and with a violent action bent his arm towards his back, she used her other arm to keep Jack in a strong headlock, which she was keeping a terrifying pressure as time went on.

She then looked up at Ember with a smile.

"There, you can fly and I have a living shield, that should even out the odds, a very enjoyable turn of events for my taste." The assassin mocked.

"Alright... Alright..." Ember said landing on the ground. "I won't fly. Not risking the kid on this one fight alone. I thought you actually cared early when he mentioned you two reuniting but now I do know not to hold back." She didn't move from where she landed nor did she let her guard down she waited to see if the assassin would let Jack go or not before doing anything.

• Brohoof 1

"Cared? You are misunderstanding, I never cared for the brat."

"I was in need of a lab rat, and what better opportunity to use my fake proposal as a way to acquire that very thing? Advancing to a higher status in society was not my only purpose when I married that naive moron it seems."

"But to be frankly honest? Home coming was just sugar coating it, I am delivering this stray ped back to his owner, he has been quite demanding I have to say."

Jack tried to shout back but got cut off violently as the pressure around his neck tightened even further, which only made him gasp for air.

"But then again, parenthood is just another excuse for giving birth to a liability." The assassin said with a smirk.