Do you think for now the Discovery Family restrictions are stricter on Tell Your Tale than Make Your Mark?

WickedGames

I feel like for the time being that the Discovery Family rights are ever stricter on TYT than they were in MYM

That may change when the 2025 episodes that were made in 2024 start to air but for now it feels like the they have only referenced up to MLP Season 2 when it comes to what is happening in Tell Your Tale

Hasn't it actually been like this since the generation began? Aside from Alicorn Twilight and her ruling over Equestria, there's really nothing that references FiM's Seasons 3-9 in G5 so far, at least as far as I remember, at best, there was the Tree of Harmony chest from Season 4 in Opaline's castle, but it was just a easter egg.

I actually think that Hasbro likely doesn't even want to pay Discovery Family for the use of these characters and elements anymore, that's why none of them (just like Spike) appear in a physical form anymore, but just as easter eggs (the stained glass in Misty's room and Sunny's Mane Six figures). ANG and MyM had lots of references and connections to G4, and now they're all gone in TyT. For me that could represent a cut of costs, but who knows :mlp_huh:

I don't believe that's how copyright works. A violation of Discovery Family's supposed partial ownership of Hasbro's characters would be a violation regardless of what show is making the infringement, I don't get why the rules for one show would be stricter than the other. :pip-err: We also saw clear shots of G4 characters in TYT Season 2's Misty-rious New Room. 

large.jpg

13 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Hasn't it actually been like this since the generation began? Aside from Alicorn Twilight and her ruling over Equestria, there's really nothing that references FiM's Seasons 3-9 in G5 so far, at least as far as I remember, at best, there was the Tree of Harmony chest from Season 4 in Opaline's castle, but it was just a easter egg.

I actually think that Hasbro likely doesn't even want to pay Discovery Family for the use of these characters and elements anymore, that's why none of them (just like Spike) appear in a physical form anymore, but just as easter eggs (the stained glass in Misty's room and Sunny's Mane Six figures). ANG and MyM had lots of references and connections to G4, and now they're all gone in TyT. For me that could represent a cut of costs, but who knows :mlp_huh:

I must wonder how much it was cost to reference Cadance or Shining Armor for example?