Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp infection au

SunnySkies

I just wanted to make a roleplay about the mlp infection universe. In this universe, swamp fever has grown out of control and has mutated into a highly contagious disease.

If a pony is infected, they start with a fever, harsh cough, fatigue/weakness, and the best sign is orange spots appearing all over the pony.

The next stage is confusion, as their mind starts to rot from the disease. They can become aggressive, depressed, confused, or extremely hungry and thirsty, sometimes all the above. This is when the cannibalistic mindset starts to kick in.

The final stage makes them loose their magic or flight power, if they had any, and their skin begins to rot while their bones stay exposed. They are no longer a pony, and now a mindless forever flesh hungry zombie. They groan and can walk, some trot or run depending how rotted they are. 

A few ponies can be naturally immune, but they wouldnt know it unless they got bitten and just never changed. Strangely enough, the infection seems to take longer to affect unicorns (so in this rp a majority of the immune ponies should be unicorns. I imagine the disease has a hard time fighting through their bodies magic, but also feeds on it making the unicorn feel sick and weak even if they are immune.) 

This is just the first few weeks after the infection started, and equestria was put in quarantine. No pony could leave their town, or city, and was highly encouraged to stay indoors. Zombie sightings have been seen all over equestria, and its even more dangerous at nighy, when the zombies seem to become more active. Heres the ooc group https://mlpforums.com/topic/202557-mlp-infection-au/

Sunny left her house, feeling nervous as she flapped her wings, hovering above the town as she headed to the market. Many homes were boarded up and shut, and normally the town center would be bussling with ponies, but now only a hoofful remained out, seemingly in a rush just like Sunny to get back to the safety of their homes. She approached ont of the only few market sellers left, buying some apples from a familiar apple farmer mare. "Thanks.." Sunny smiled as she handed over some bits. By the looks of it, she managed to buy the last bundle of apples. Food was becoming more and more scarce. 

Edited by SunnySkies
  • smile 1

May I join? 

I'd like to enter my character Fae to be in this, it would be cool to see her trying to survive this AU while being disabled with a limp, she's pretty good at caring for herself despite her shortcomings, she was in an accident of some kind that gave her the limp

Screenshot_20240623_130908_PonyTown.thumb.jpg.f27e992302c0d2f8324651518178c5cd.jpg

My bad, this is the IC, hehe

Edited by ThatPinkPone

Fae hobbled out from her cottage, she and her unicorn friend Ghostie had bunkered in the same place, the poor mare was starving and hadn't been able to work up the courage to go out, Ghostie trailed behind her, her broken horn illuminating with white magic, Ghostie and Fae had both had an accident at some point, rendering a part of them hard to function with.