Purple Fiend's Intro

purplefiend

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Rarity

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I actually don't remember how exactly I got into MLP. As a kid, I was definitely a fan of generations 3 and 3.5, but never because of the cartoons. I did watch the cartoons, but they didn't interest me as much as the toys. I would get the toy ponies, disregarding whatever names and personalities were on the box, and just come up with new identities for them.

I was a preteen/teenager when generation 4 began, and I remember being impressed. For years, it seemed to me that the cartoons only existed as elaborate commercials for the toys, so the quality of the cartoons was abysmal compared to the quality of the toys (hence why I didn't care much about the cartoons). With gen 4, though, there was definitely a lot more attention given to the quality of the cartoon. Of course, it was obviously still an elaborate commercial for the toys, but it was clear that people working on the show cared about telling an engaging story just as much as promoting the accompanying toy line. It was really nice to see some passion injected into the franchise.

I haven't really given gen 5 much of a chance. I feel like it will be really difficult to fill gen 4's shoes. I'm not sure if it's any good, and I'm a bit afraid to find out. It doesn't look bad, I'm just worried I'll be disappointed.

• Brohoof 5
  • smile 1

Welcome to the herd, @purplefiend. I hope you will enjoy staying here.

G5 can not step into boots if G4 but maybe it shouldn't? It's notable that G5 is purely childish show without depth of G4 but still it has great music and nice character designs. ^•^ The New Generation movie is great BTW.

• Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to Pony Forum of Pony World! Purple Fiend! Hope you enjoy this amazing place! :eager:

As for G5, if you're really curious about it, I think you should do just exactly as I did, keep your expectations low, just expect a fun show with minimally interesting stories. I did this and, well, for me Tell Your Tale was a disappointment and a boring show in overall, but I really liked the A New Generation Movie and Make Your Mark! they definitely aren't G4 level in my opinion, but I really liked the characters and stories an the 1st main villain of Make Your Mark is my personal favorite in the entire franchise! Something related to this villain actually is a aspect of G5 that I liked more than how it was done in G4! And I even enjoyed a few episodes of Tell your Tale! So you definitely should check it out if you're interested, maybe you'll even like Tell Your Tale :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...