Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Origins Online[MMORPG]

BronyPony

yea i guess your right im sorry i started flaming :/

if you could release some more screenshots we could be more helpful

and will the game have fighting i assume it will though

Yes the game will have fighting(PvP will be unlikely however).

More screenshots are coming, we just want to make sure the screenshots are appealing. :)

Yes the game will have fighting(PvP will be unlikely however).

More screenshots are coming, we just want to make sure the screenshots are appealing. :)

sounds good yea PvP dosn't sound like a good idea in an MLP:FiM game unless you want it but you should make different classes if you haven't already

sounds good yea PvP dosn't sound like a good idea in an MLP:FiM game unless you want it but you should make different classes if you haven't already

Classes will deal more with what race of pony you want to be. There will be Unicorn, Earth, and Pegasus.

Classes will deal more with what race of pony you want to be. There will be Unicorn, Earth, and Pegasus.

i understand but im thinking about sub-classes like in the show not all pegasie can fly well (fluttershy) so that kind of thing so not every pegasus is the same

i understand but im thinking about sub-classes like in the show not all pegasie can fly well (fluttershy) so that kind of thing so not every pegasus is the same

There is an experience system. For example, as you increase you flying experience you will be able to go faster and reach places more easily, while with Earth ponies they will have better time getting resources and such, while Unicorns will have better spell abilities.

We have improved the sprites a bit more, but before releasing our next alpha version we are going to make the sprites look a bit better(looking like art style from the show).

Pixels. Show accuracy. Pick one.

You cannot stick with show accuracy with pixel art without second thought. When you're working small scale, you cannot just take the show's outline color and expect that it works well on sprite work. When you're working small, you have to have good contrast to make things visible.

Posted Image

^Here' something I made for smaller-scale stuff. Note how there is no room to fit in a mouth*** or nostril because pixels start becoming HUGE at this scale. One pixel is essentially a quarter width of an eye, and you can have no smaller. Proportions are heavily dependent on the scale you're working on (e.g. try drawing a 8x8 chess board on a 10x10 image, heheh). You're going to have to stylize ponies if you want smaller-scaled sprites. As you can see, my direction with my own pony sprites made them resemble the toys more than the show.

See how I disregarded show-accuracy by using an outline color to be used for every NPC? Using show-accurate outline colors will create a very weak contrast.

Yet, if you're working larger scale, you're much better off getting a vector artist if you want show-accuracy. Having to manually antialias everything is highly annoying when a vector artist can probably create the same image much faster without worrying about the fine details to create a smooth image. Here's something I made at a much larger scale:

Posted Image

As you can imagine, if I wanna make the most out of pixel art, I'm gonna have to start inventing details that don't really exist, which isn't very true to the simplistic cartoon-styled art of the show.

Edited by Pix3M

Thanks for the advice. We will keep that in mind with creating the graphics and such. We are also improving the GUI graphics to make it easier to see everything in the GUI.

Server Seems to be down, What a bummer. However, If I may suggest something, I strongly reccomend a email required with an account, its lowers the amount of spam accounts and helps keep track of users.

There was an error with the config file that was included with the download. Go to the topic post to download the new config file and replace the original config file with the new one.

With the e-mail system, we aren't working on that at this very moment due to what is most important to work with at the moment. E-mail system will probably come out after the first beta of the game is released, unless of course accounts are spammed.

Edited by BronyPony

There is an experience system. For example, as you increase you flying experience you will be able to go faster and reach places more easily, while with Earth ponies they will have better time getting resources and such, while Unicorns will have better spell abilities.

interesting but nobody is going to want to pick the earth ponies you should make it so that the class with the least amont of people in it gets and advantage on starting like starting at a higher level or a special weapon

interesting but nobody is going to want to pick the earth ponies you should make it so that the class with the least amont of people in it gets and advantage on starting like starting at a higher level or a special weapon

That is actually a system the team was talking about and thinking about implementing.

Again, thanks for all the advice and suggestions. It is really needed. :)

That is actually a system the team was talking about and thinking about implementing.

Again, thanks for all the advice and suggestions. It is really needed. :)

yea i dont see any other way of getting a person to pick to be an earth pony unless the have completely op stats

! C:UsersDaltonDesktopclient (2).zip: The archive is corrupt

! C:UsersDaltonDesktopclient (2).zip: Unexpected end of archive

this is what it says when i try to remove the old config file what do i do?

Umm......I don't think this is supposed to happen. I don't know, maybe I fucked up somewhere along the line but....I just don't know. Please help?

This is fixed. The spawn must have broke and needed reseting.

Also, extract the archieve before replacing the config file. It will work this way.

This is fixed. The spawn must have broke and needed reseting.

Also, extract the archieve before replacing the config file. It will work this way.

when i try to extract i get this error message ! E:client.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

in other word i just dont know what went wrong

when i try to extract i get this error message ! E:client.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

in other word i just dont know what went wrong

Alright I am uploading a new client file that will not require the new config file. I will edit this post when I release it. Hopefully it works.

ok it works now, the only change which absoloutley needs to be made is let us have one more character on our name. it doesn't seem like a big deal but my name is 1 letter off :(

ok it works now, the only change which absoloutley needs to be made is let us have one more character on our name. it doesn't seem like a big deal but my name is 1 letter off :(

We are thinking about that. We really don't want big names for characters because it would cause glitches and so forth, but it may change in the future.

EDIT: Here is the new client: http://www.filedropper.com/client_6 (Does not require the new config file)

Edited by BronyPony

If you have installed the runtime, just extract the file and then double click the Equestria Origins Online and then register and then login.

like i said when try to extract it says this ! E:client.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

like i said when try to extract it says this ! E:client.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Are you using WinRAR? If not, you may need to use that. People have been having to use WinRAR to make it work. Also, what operating system do you have?

Are you using WinRAR? If not, you may need to use that. People have been having to use WinRAR to make it work. Also, what operating system do you have?

yes i have been using WinRAR and im not sure about my operating system because it says its 64 but i have to use some 32 bit versions of programs sometimes