Can anyone recommend a microphone?

Avery

So for the longest time, me and my friends have played video games together and have had many great times doing so, we would sit around the computer or the console and play any game that we could get hold of and just talk through them, pointing out things that we noticed or had just general random conversations together. We thought it was really funny and we got some really great ideas and reactions when we played them together.

If you haven't noticed, "Let's Plays" have become probably one of the biggest crazes that is currently hitting YouTube at the moment, with big names like Pewdiepie, Tobuscus and Chilled Chaos uploading videos almost everyday, getting a huge fan base and are really getting some attention because of this.

So me and my friends have realized that some of material and content that we produce from our experience with the game is good, or even better than the big name YouTuber's and so we thought there could be some worth getting into the idea of doing let's plays and commentaries of games that we play or find. We have already recorded a few videos and posted them within our community of friends and so far the feedback has been pretty good but they haven't exactly went big yet ^_^ but at the moment we don't care because we are just in the experimental stage of making them and didn't expect as much and we really only do it for the enjoyment, not the publicity!

But a problem that i noticed was getting everyone's audio in since I'm using a headset microphone between 3 people and getting to play the games that we wanted to since that all I can manage to record is PC game play meanwhile the majority of games that we own and play would be on a home console

So after that introduction, all i really want to know is could anyone recommend some good equipment that we could use to improve our videos quality and content, such as a better microphone for group recording or a good PVR for recording console footage?

Much obliged if you could give your ideas!

• 2 months later...

But a problem that i noticed was getting everyone's audio in since I'm using a headset microphone between 3 people and getting to play the games that we wanted to since that all I can manage to record is PC game play meanwhile the majority of games that we own and play would be on a home console

If you are running a PC, or laptop, try your computers interinal mic, or a headset. Or if you are on a console, use a capture card (BUT there overpriced)

If you are running a PC, or laptop, try your computers interinal mic, or a headset. Or if you are on a console, use a capture card (BUT there overpriced)

Doesn't matter about that much, I have my headset which turned out to be far better for it then i had expected. And as for multiple people I already  got a condenser mic and a preamp for my computer. But the only trouble I have now it that Fraps will only record the sound in Stereo so i am only getting voice audio on one side -_-