Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My OC Steel Shield

Morager

I finally finished my OC and put him into the database and have a few drawings done too. They are not the best, i was trying a few things, but i still hope you like them. I got a better camera so better pics. As with all my art im open to any tips to help me do better. thank you and enjoy :)

The first one was drawn during the process of coming up with him. He is a member of the royal guard.

post-6417-0-27141400-1359297484_thumb.jpg

post-6417-0-71336900-1359297535_thumb.png

Hey, this is really cool? Mind if I critique?

The first one if completely fine...until you get to the torso and legs. You've made the torso much too small, then probably made the legs based on that, right? So it makes the legs look short, too. So, I'd say make the torso longer and thicker, and then base the legs off of that, and they should look fine. The tail seems a bit small, too.

I like the work you did with the armour. He's well protected! It's detailed. See, if you hadn't made the armour detailed, it would have seen stiff and hard to move in. Armour has to have chinks, otherwise the knight can't move, so good job on that. If you shaded the drawing, it would look even better!

In the second drawing, the legs and torso are better - in fact the torso is almost perfect - but you've made the legs too short. Simply making them longer would fix that (...duh.) I'm kind of confused about the multi-colored stripe on his chin. Is it a beard? His tail is a bit too straight, too. Look to the above drawing. In this one, his tail is rounded in the places it should be. 

I do like the shape of his face a lot. I don't know what you're doing with that, but keep doing it! I also love the style of his mane. Really cool! And his tail is the correct size! (Yay!) In this drawing, I believe, his face expression has more personality than in the drawing above it. I like face expression, but it's hard to do, because you really have to play with the eyes and mouth correctly to get the expression you want. 

Okay, well, that's all, and keep drawing! 

• Brohoof 1

That's some nice drawings! The first ones legs seems at bit short though, but otherwise, they're just great. Good job, good job. :3

thank you i notice the legs to.

Hey, this is really cool? Mind if I critique?

The first one if completely fine...until you get to the torso and legs. You've made the torso much too small, then probably made the legs based on that, right? So it makes the legs look short, too. So, I'd say make the torso longer and thicker, and then base the legs off of that, and they should look fine. The tail seems a bit small, too.

I like the work you did with the armour. He's well protected! It's detailed. See, if you hadn't made the armour detailed, it would have seen stiff and hard to move in. Armour has to have chinks, otherwise the knight can't move, so good job on that. If you shaded the drawing, it would look even better!

In the second drawing, the legs and torso are better - in fact the torso is almost perfect - but you've made the legs too short. Simply making them longer would fix that (...duh.) I'm kind of confused about the multi-colored stripe on his chin. Is it a beard? His tail is a bit too straight, too. Look to the above drawing. In this one, his tail is rounded in the places it should be. 

I do like the shape of his face a lot. I don't know what you're doing with that, but keep doing it! I also love the style of his mane. Really cool! And his tail is the correct size! (Yay!) In this drawing, I believe, his face expression has more personality than in the drawing above it. I like face expression, but it's hard to do, because you really have to play with the eyes and mouth correctly to get the expression you want. 

Okay, well, that's all, and keep drawing! 

lol wow i always like the big messages like this. well for the first one, yea i thought it looked disproportion, he was base concept idea during the process of creating my oc, i think with the helm it kinda makes the head look bigger, the legs do look to small tho and the tail as well. the second one, the multi color strip is his jaw line beard, it colored that way to match his hair color. to be honest i think pony legs have to be my number one enemy when im drawing lol. thank you for the great detail message, getting these always helps me understand and do better on my next drawing :)

• Brohoof 1

So i've noticed most critiquing has been done here, but there is one thing I notice that hasn't had a mention yet - the legs :D 

No seriously, the legs on the bottom drawing are...backwards. The first leg we see (talking about the front) should be longer to give a sense of depth, and the second leg should be shorter and more outwards. Whereas the second leg is longer, and the first leg is short. 

Also the back legs are the same length. It makes the character look really...odd. 

Other than that and the other areas that don't need mentioning again, I like it. Good job :) 

So i've noticed most critiquing has been done here, but there is one thing I notice that hasn't had a mention yet - the legs :D

No seriously, the legs on the bottom drawing are...backwards. The first leg we see (talking about the front) should be longer to give a sense of depth, and the second leg should be shorter and more outwards. Whereas the second leg is longer, and the first leg is short. 

Also the back legs are the same length. It makes the character look really...odd. 

Other than that and the other areas that don't need mentioning again, I like it. Good job :)

your right i didnt notice that thank you i hate not finding these little things before i finish my drawing, now i know to check for this stuff