Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

diabetic bronies

Tia Is Best Pony

Well let me start by explaining what this is it is a page to share your experiance with diabetus and befriend other diabetic bronies ill start with my story

Last april I went to the doctor.. I don't remember stomach ache or somthing haha anyway I got my pee tested and the doctor told me that I had sugar in my pee. My family thought I had type 2 because I was.... shall we say chunky? Haha anyway I went to a diabetes speacailist and they told me I had to test my blood I was in my honymoon stage for therest of the summer and then I got on lantis and humalog ever since I have struggled with it my a1c is 11 D : all in all I was lucky to find out the way I did so how did you find out?

Also this

• Brohoof 1

I'm Diabetic and parodies of Wilford Brimly remain to be hilarious.

Anyways, I've been a Type 1 Diabetic since back in 2008 when I was first diagnosed. I use syringes because I don't like the idea of using a pump, and also, I'm pretty good at controlling my blood sugar, but occasionally my sweet tooth gets the better of me.

I know someone who's diabetic. Be careful guys. I was with her once when she misjudged the time she took her insulin and when we finally had lunch. The traffic was much worse than usual. Once we got into the city, she went into diabetic shock and started having convulsions when her sugar dropped to dangerously low levels. It scared the mess out of me, but luckily she had once told me what to do. I was screaming at everyone to get me orange juice. I must have looked insane! Some guy ran and got a bottle from s street vendor, and it was like flipping a magic switch once I got her to drink some. By the time she finished the juice, I was in worse condition then her because I couldn't stop shaking! Then she had an argument with a cop because he wanted to send her off in an ambulance!

I told her once she's weird, because she's skinny as a rail even though she's diabetic. She gets mad when I say things like I could bite her finger to make it bleed so she could save on lancets.

LOL!

She says I'm one of the few people she knows that doesn't mind seeing her "Shoot Herself" as she puts it. I once spent an hour trying to talk her into using a test strip to see if it would work on Mountain Dew. She wouldn't, even when I offered to pay her for it!

smile.png

I'm not making fun here. She's my best friend so I can tease her. I yelled at her once because she told me about how she once went into shock like that when she was home alone. She could have died! She just laughed about how she came to her senses hours later after eating a frozen pizza...WHILE IT WAS STILL FROZEN! She said she had no memory of doing it, but knows she didn't cook it or anything.

I'll say it again. Be careful!  

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I'm not diabetic, but my mom is a type 1 diabetic and it runs very strong in her family. She thinks it's just a matter of time before I am diagnosed with diabetes, too. I hope that doesn't happen! It's caused her so many problems - just recently she had fiber neuropathy all along her hands, lower torso, legs and feet (coupled with lymes disease, coincidental and unfortunate timing). She could barely walk and everything from laying down to eating was painful. Thankfully they were able to zero in on the problem and find the right solution, so it's better now. She really does a very good job of making sure she's eating the right stuff, counting units and all that, getting exercise, but things still creep up.