Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi, everypony. I'm new, and I have a question...

Hazel-Beam

That's right, I'm new here! You can call me Hazel Beam. I joined the MLP Forums so I could have people to talk about my love of ponies with, since my college roommates and family are typically are weirded out by my fascination with Friendship is Magic and wonder why someone 'my age' is into that sort of thing. But hey, I know I'm not the only one, so it's all good. I'm happy to be here, and I hope to make a few online brony friends, maybe. :muffins: 

So, here's a little bit about me. Doctor Whooves is best pony. The end. (Though honestly, for me he's tied with Derpy.)

Anyway, while you're here I have a question for you. I've always wondered, if you were to introduce someone to MLP: FiM for the first time, what would be the first episode you showed them? What, in your opinion, would be the best introductory episode to the show? Personally I think Winter Wrap Up is a good one, if only because it has my favorite song in it. (I showed my sister the Royal Wedding episode to try and show her why I love the show, and she thought it was 'too dramatic.') But what do you think? What's the best introductory episode for someone new to MLP?

• Brohoof 1

The first episode would be good. My brother was playing bin weevils and they were promoting MLP, so he went to the thing they made to get free stuff, but he "accidentally" saw the first 6 episodes and accidentally became a brony.

I have a few, but I've never decided on one...

Maybe Bridle Gossip, because the moral is don't judge a book by its' cover. (which is what non-bronies do to mlp) But don't tell them the moral. Let them see it themselves.

A lot of bronies say Lesson Zero, and while it is a good episode, it isn't really a good representation of the show as a whole, so I personally don't reccomend it for a first time watcher.

I second Flutterbass's suggestion of Bridle Gossip! That episode is really great for 1st timers since it's pretty heavy on mainstream random humor. It has a Spongebob-ish type feel running underneath it that I think a lot of people will appreciate.