Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Awesome video: seven-year-old cancer patient scores in Nebraska's spring game

Bhending the Rules

This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen, right up there with the Make-A-Wish thing where a kid battling cancer got to meet Hellboy. It must be shared with everypony possible.

Background info: The video below is footage of a play from the University of Nebraska football team's Spring Game. (Spring Games, for the non-football fans, are basically glorified practices where they split the team in two and have them play each other like it's an actual game.) But in this game, Nebraska put in a young man named Jack Hoffman for a play, and... well, see for yourself.

WARNING: The video below is incredibly heart-warming, and may just restore your broken faith in humanity.

I could offer commentary on how cool it is for them to make that kid's dream come true after all of the difficulty he has endured, and how it's great to see a college football program finally... FINALLY... setting a good example of what athletics should be all about, but I'm sure everyone who sees this will do that for me. So instead I'll just point out... kid's got some skills. I mean, look at that little guy go. I think he's got some Dashie in him. smile.png

Also, mad props to Nebraska. I've definitely gained some respect for that university and that team.

• Brohoof 1