Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Stone

Tiffy111

Sunshine awoke to a beautiful day. She had a strange dream. In her dream, Princess Celestia told her an alicorn with strange and mystical powers will come and turn everypony to stone. Princess Celestia also told her to bring 5 friends along the way. Sunshine yawned and sighed. She ALWAYS had weird dreams. Just yesterday, she dreamed she turned into a nasty pirate wearing a nest on her head!

Suddenly, Princess Celestia barged in, and shouted, "Go now! Find 5 friends and complete this mission! Prince Darke has come to Canterlot-" she stiffened, turned gray and didn't move. "Princess?! Sunshine asked alarmingly. "Princess?!" Then, she burst into tears. "Who will I take?" she thought.

Art Streak was working on a painting. She had been trying to paint a landscape, and it was coming along nicely. Well, it was. Her attention was distracted when she saw, out of the corner of her eye, Princess Celsetia of all ponies barge into a home! She was followed by an odd alicorn. This completely sidetracked Art Streak. She left her painting sitting on a cloud and swooped down... only to see Princess Celsetia was now stone! The odd alicorn had disappeared, but another pony came into view. Art Streak quickly asked, folding her wings, "What happened?"

"Princess Celestia has turned into stone!!!" Sunshine sobbed. Her dream came back to her. "Well, Art Streak IS a good friend..." she thought. Sunshine told Art Streak everything she knew. Then, she said, "Will you come with me to defeat Prince Darke? It won't be the same without you."

Golden Typhoon came as soon as her brother had told her about the princess. She was greatly dismayed to find that what he said had been true. The princess had turned to stone. Standing in front of the statue were 2 ponies.

"What happened?" she asked worriedly.

(edited)

"Wow, two ponies in less than 5 seconds. This must be a record," Art Streak thought. How could a second pony have gotten word so quickly? She looked suspiciously at the pony. She must be with the strange alicorn. I had better not say a word to her, Art Streak thought.

Turning towards her good friend Sunshine, she frowned. "The Princess isn't in good condition... Shouldn't we get a unicorn first? Maybe one who knows a lot about magic?"

Edited by Megamare

"I agree." Sunshine replied. "We need to find a super smart unicorn to do this!" Sunshine sighed. Where will they find a good unicorn? But she still needs to find 4 more ponies to this mission. Should she ask Golden Typhoon? She told Golden Typhoon everything, then asked, "Will you come on this mission with me and Art Streak?"

"Anything to help the princess" replied Typhoon. "I only wish we knew what was really going on. This doesn't sound like any villain I've heard of before. What we really need is a smart pony who could figure this out."

Typhoon paced worryingly. She wondered how her brother had told her so quickly. He had no powers of his own... Or so she thought...

Art Streak was rather confused. The pony showing up within mere seconds was now being told everything. "Something just isn't right about her," Art Streak thought. Frowning, she pulled Sunshine aside with frustration. "Sunshine, I know you are friendly. But this pony just showed up out of nowhere, and now you have told her everything. She seems very suspicious; she is probably with the strange alicorn that did this," Art Streak told Sunshine with a stern tone. She darted her eyes to the yellow pegasus. Something didn't seem... right about her sudden appearance.

Typhoon wondered about these 2 ponies... they seemed to be whispering about her behind her back. She also wondered how on earth Celestia had turned to stone, and whether it was possible to turned her back.

"If you 2 have quite finished your pleasant little chat, I'd like to find a way to save Celestia. Are you 2 going to help me figure this out or not?"

"But Art Streak," Sunshine whispered back, "How do you know she's with Prince Darke?" Sunshine knew she shouldn't just tell everyone the news, but this was an emergency! How are they going to defeat Prince Darke with only 2 ponies? They needed more ponies, pronto! And also, she doesn't want to hurt Golden Typhoon's feelings. She didn't look evil to her. Could it be a disguise? Maybe Golden Typhoon is a changling! But Sunshine doubted it. And plus, wouldn't she and Art Streak be stone by now if Golden Typhoon was with Prince Darke? All the thinking was making Sunshine sick.

Suddenly, Starhex, Sunshine's older brother came out. He pointed at Celestia and gave Sunshine a puzzling glance as if saying, "What happened here, little sis?" Sunshine knew she had to tell the truth. Somehow, Starhex could always see through her lies. So, she told him everything. When Sunshine finished, he looked bewildered and shocked. He started shaking a bit. Then, he went inside, took out a book, and gave it to Sunshine. Sunshine read the title aloud, "Royal Family Tree." Sunshine looked at the table of contents, leafed through a few pages, and started to read,

"Prince Darke

1000 years ago, when Nightmare Moon was sent to the moon, King Sombra ruled the Crystal Empire with his son, Prince Darke. Prince Darke was basically the opposite of his father. While his father was busy commanding slaves, he would sneak to prison, where slaves are imprisoned. He helped many slaves escape with his magic, but it was hard. Soon, his father caught him try to smuggle a slave. King Sombra was furious. Prince Darke was brave, and fought with all his might. But he lost the great battle and was banished into an ancient volcano. The ancient volcano was stuffed with dark magic, and after a while, it overcame him and changed his heart forever. No one knows if Prince Darke has managed to escape yet."

Sunshine gasped. Prince Darke was related to King Sombra?! She glanced up at Art Streak and Golden Typhoon and gave them a worried look.

(edited)

Art Streak looked at Sunshine with an odd look. "How did she get here within 5 seconds? She is clearly from out of town and something just doesn't seem right about that," Art Streak replied. Frowning, Art Streak lead herself and Sunshine back to Golden Typhoon.

As soon as the three ponies were re-united, they saw a colt coming down the stairs. The colt immediately identified himself as Sunshine's older brother, and Art Streak left the two to talk. They seemed to be talking about history, but she left them alone. Art Streak wasn't going to bother them.

Turning to the pony who had yet to introduce herself, she thought she would ask a question that needed to be asked. "I'm sorry to bother you, but how did you get here so quickly and what is your name? You've yet to introduce yourself," Art Streak inquired.

Edited by Megamare

Sunshine knew they had to stop Prince Darke! But how? She looked into her brother's eyes, and said, "Will you help me defeat Prince Darke and save Princess Celestia?" Sunshine knew well that Starhex was really good at protection spells. He smiled and nodded. Then, they both walked over to the two ponies. "My brother is helping us." she said. "But we still need 3 more ponies. Siblings don't count."

(edited)

"My name is Golden Typhoon", she replied, "and I am an orphan from a village just south of Ponyville. My brother, Silver Skies, told me about the princess, and I flew here as fast as I could. Five seconds, to be exact. Now I come to think about it, it's wierd how he happened to know about it so quickly. And yes, I will help you save Celestia."

Edited by MinecraftBronyFTW

"I know you! " Sunshine said. "I'm sorry about your parents. I don't like dragons. Especially ones that eat ponies!" Then, Sunshine glanced at her brother. "Can you make a protection spell over us, so we wouldn't turn into stone?" He nodded, then, with all his might, he created a spell that blocks out any magic. Suddenly, Prince Darke appeared out of nowhere! "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Sunshine screamed. He was big, tall, scary, and evil! "YOU'LL NEVER STAND A CHANCE AGAINST ME!!!" he roared. Sunshine almost fainted. Then he disappeared. Sunshine was speechless.

Art Streak was astonished at the odd alicorn's sudden appearance, and then his sudden disappearance. "Why didn't he just turn us all to stone," she thought. Confused, she sighed. She started planning for the trip. They should recruit two earth ponies, two pegasi and two unicorns. They already had the two pegasi-herself and Golden. Art Streak's train of thought crashed into the edge of her mind; she had thought of something else.

"Hey guys, maybe we should start to recruit some other ponies?"

"Good idea!" Sunshine said. Sunshine flew into the air and looked about. She didn't notice until now that everything was quiet, and there were no ponies. She flew back down. "I don't see anypony!" said Sunshine. Did anything go wrong? She flew to the nearest house and from too much worry, forgot to knock and just barged in. She stopped dead. She had gone to Twilight's house-and Twilight was stone! Sunshine fainted.

Art Streak watched as Sunshine flew off. She didn't bother to follow, as she looked like she knew what she was doing. Wondering what would happen next, she sat and waited. Art Streak was sure Sunshine knew what she was doing... Although she had the slightest doubt that she would come back empty hooved.

Silver Skies was worried. The princess has turned to stone, he thought to himself, again and again. He knew his telepathy was never wrong. He also wondered why Typhoon had been gone for so long. He decided to go and find out. It was not long before he found Sunshine, unconcious in the doorway of Twilight's house.

When Sunshine finally awoke, she saw Silver Skies peering down at her. "Twilight has been turned to stone!" she blurted out. She touched Twilight. She was ice cold. Then, she lifted up Twilight. Surprisingly, she was light, not heavy. She dragged Twilight to the pony group and announced, "Twilight is stone!"

• 2 weeks later...

"Come on faith! Get up!" Serenity had been waiting for her in her bedroom for nearly 15 Minutes now and she still hadn't woken up. Faith wasn't usually this sleepy. "I'm coming up!" Serenity flew up the stairs and opened the bedroom door that was luckily unlocked. "We're going to be late to our meeting with Princ...." Serenity stopped speaking. Faith had been turned to stone.

(You should check out my OC's page that is in my signature. She has abit of backstory.)