NEED HELP!

Frazor

Well i was doing some research about rainbow dash recently and found out that she can go to mach 10...

My only question is: IS THAT TRUE!!!

I would love to see that a rainbow dash expert awnsers me.

That is my question.   OH and i am really curious: is Pinkiepie really the happiest pony in whole equestria???    I would appreciate it if anyone could anwser me..

gtg teeheeeimg-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png laugh.png derpy_emoticon1.png

Well when Rainbow does the sonic rainboom she is supposed to go mach 10... thats a lot

and of course as everyone knows rainbow is the fastest pony img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

To answer your first question: Dashie can travel at the speed of plot.  Trying to do some kind of Realistictm calculation of her speed based on something like the angle of the bow-shock she generates when performing a Sonic Rainboom can't work because physics does not work the same way in Equestria as it does in our universe.  For example, if you use images of objects on the ground seen as she's diving to triangulate and measure her altitude, you'd get a figure that would not make it possible for her to dive for several minutes at Mach 10 without auguring in.  When she's flying horizontally at high speed, she doesn't really leave the neighborhood of Ponyville/Cloudsdale.

In dry air at 20 °C (68 °F), the speed of sound is 343.2 metres per second (1,126 ft/s). This is 1,236 kilometres per hour (768 mph), or about one kilometer in three seconds or approximately one mile in five seconds. 

--Wikipedia

At Mach 10 (10 times the speed of sound) she would be going ten times that, or 3.432 kilometers/second, or 7,680 mph (approximately 10 miles every five seconds).  I'm not going to try to re-watch the Sonic Rainboom episode with stopwatch and measuring calipers in hand, trying to calculate her elevation at the start of the dive to rescue Rarity and how long she spends in powered descent, but just a guess from being able to recognize ground features, that it was probably less than 20,000 feet, so mathematically she could not have made her powered dive at Mach 10.

Let's just say she goes really, really fast, and leave it at that. :) 

Well I see people have already posted the MLP physics video. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the angle of the thing that's around her right before she does a rainboom and from that angle they determined they was going about mach 5 and her speed doubled to mach 10 the instant she preformed a sonic rainboom. Just summing it up for you.

• Brohoof 1