Hello, fellow bronies
After that little intro, I think I should start by describing the original and my own version of a flutter pony~
Ok, first of all, here's a flutter pony. An original one.
I'm sure I don't need to explain the characteristics of a G1 pony. I'll just point out the differences.
- G1 flutter ponies are smaller in size compared to a normal pony. Unlike an earth/unicorn/pegasus pony, flutters are thin and have a more delicate complexion.
- Their legs are longer and thinner.
- The snout is a bit smaller.
- Its whinnies (according to a Spanish version of the movie) have a higher pitch than normal whinnies
- Queen Rosedust (the leader of the flutter ponies) has a small version of her cutie mark on her cheek. (Some toys depict the same characteristic. E.g, Peach Blossom).
- Flutter ponies are mostly known fo their wings, which look like tiny transparent butterfly wings (and make a twinkling noise when they're beating) that disperse tiny shimmery sparkles called flutter dust. This dust is the only known cure for Smooze (a villain in the movie that causes anger and rudeness). The speed of the wingbeat is faster than that of a pegasus, similar to a butterfly. Also, these wings are useless when wet, and according to toy bacstories, the flutter of the wings brings good luck.
- Most are named after flowers and plants (there ARE exceptions, according to the toys)
- There are no known male flutter ponies (don't ask me how they reproduce. Osmosis? XD)
- Although meek, flutter ponies are hardy when fighting.
Aaaand, here's my own version of a flutter pony, all G4'd:
Like I said, I made a few twitches here and there to match my personal likes but still stick to the basics of what makes a flutter pony a flutter pony.These are the general characteristics:
- Just like G1, my version says of the same proportion to a normal pony: smaller, thinner, and with long legs.
- I gave her a hairdo. Most G1 flutter ponies in the show had a curly short mane. To keep a close resemblance, I picked her mane into a bun, which also has a reason.
- Even though her bangs are covering it, her forehead has 3 white dots. I did not wish to include the small cutie mark on her cheek, and instead gave her 3 freckles that are also characteristic in my Flutter Ponies.
- Cutie mark, as always. No difference here.
- The eyes are now almond-shaped. Just as crystal ponies have a different eye, flutters might as well have something different too. Shaped somewhat lik Rarity's minus the long lashes. Even males have this feature.
- The wings are bigger now, pointy and double (G1 had only a wing on each side), like a fairy. Males have single wings. Now instead of just simply "removing smooze", they gained a more complex explanation. These transparent wings are covered with shimering "dust", which is shed constantly and renews itself quickly. The dust, which are really minuscule scales, is a powerful antidote to any poison (making allusion to Smooze, as this purple goop is kinda like poison to the soul) with the exception of basilisk poison (unless it's made into dragon wine. Explanation will come in time). Also useless if wet.
- Every flutter family has a business. They are all named after anything related to it.
- Flutter dust is traditionally colorless. Only the "queen" has a different colored dust, which is gold (making allusion to pixies, although only kings create golden pixie dust).
- Their bones are lighter because they are slightly hollow.
- Slightly smaller than males. Have a rounder and smaller snout.
- Their mane is traditionally picked up into any type of hairdo, usually a bun. Every family has a way of dressing up the females' mane. They are decorated elegantly in special events.
- The tail is abnormally long.
- They have a set of double wings that make a high-pitched faint bell-like sound when beating.
- Bulky upon the chest and slightly bigger than females.
- Their legs start out thin but thicken slightly as they reach the hoof.
- Their snout is wider and square-ish.
- A single set of wings, which are longer and thinner, but equally strong, and beat as fast as a hummingbird's wings, making a faint low-pitched hum when beating.
- No restrictions on the tail or mane.
So far that's about it, my pals :3 I'll start working on the next set of data~