Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP-inspired worldbuilding projects

Plonkett

I'm wondering if anyone knows any worldbuilding projects that aren't actually involved with MLP, but are inspired by it? The best example I can think of right now is Eponia, basically anything that involves equinoids, griffons, dragons, etc as part of the main population.

I have a vague idea that i never did anything with. it's... kind of complicated, but i have a base idea, if you care.

Oh do tell, I'm sure you have lots planned for it. Will there be many different races as well as a widely varied world?

@@Smokie-Horse,@@vgmaster9,

well... two vague ideas. one is kind of, er, meta.

the other one isnt exactly one world but more of a convoluted excuse to link a bunch of existing worlds.

oh, and a third one, but thats kind of just a theory thingie. 

Sounds thought-provoking, dude. You know where to find us if you need any walls to bounce ideas off.

So, guys, are we all sharing our worldbuilding projects now?

Just so we are clear, I'm talking about projects about worlds with ponies in them, hence the tag "MLP-inspired". But still, it's cool people have tried worldbuilding.

While mine isn't necessarily pony-related, it's actually inhabited by anthropomorphic animals (or 'furries' for lack of a better term). The world they live in is like ours, but slightly more advanced.

The sapient population has a widely diverse range of species, such as different mammals (canines, felines, rabbits, rodents, bovids, equines, deer, mustelids, marsupials, bats, bears, seals, primates, cetaceans, etc), reptiles (lizards, crocs, snakes, turtles, etc), birds (sparrows, ravens, gulls, chickens, ducks, eagles, hawks, falcons, owls, etc), amphibians, sharks, and (still ambiguous on this) insects. That's not all though, there are also man extinct and prehistoric animals, such as Pleistocene megafauna, dinosaurs (theropods, sauropods, stegosaurs, ankylosaurs, ceratopsians, and ornithopods) pterosaurs, marine reptiles (plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, pliosaurs, etc), and synapsids. It doesn't end there either, there are also some legendary species that inhabit the world, such as dragons (westerns, easterns, wyverns, quetzacoatls, etc), griffons, phoenixes, kitsunes, unicorns, jackalopes, etc.

While mine isn't necessarily pony-related, it's actually inhabited by anthropomorphic animals (or 'furries' for lack of a better term). The world they live in is like ours, but slightly more advanced.

How advanced are we talking?

How advanced are we talking?

You ever seen all those projects of things like mega structures that we probably won't see in over a hundred years? Pretty much to that level.

Well if you want me to go first I will, I just thought we were suppose to be discussing MLP themed worlds.

We are, but I just thought I'd share mine since others were sharing theirs in general.

Ah well my world is inhabited by humans (many races of humans) and while I use world singularly, it's really two. A great being created the world and he was lonely, so he created two 'children,' A daughter and a son who would be as life and death respectively. The two instead of bringing order to the world used it as a giant game to see which of the two siblings were truly better and worthy of their father's adoration. The two created humans that would be their pawns and fought grand wars with each other. The great being decided that this could not go on, and created two other children, and the three of them tricked them into one last war game. The two gods were put on the opposite sides of the world and each other's troops would be placed with their enemy. The goal of which was to see which could send orders to their troops quickly enough and which force would dominate the other. However before the war could truly begin, the second twins of the creator sealed each of their elder siblings deep into the earth and sealed them away with locks of Law and Chaos (Law for the son who was the chaotic child and chaos for the daughter who was the lawful one) and as a final act, he split the world into two so the two could never battle again. The remaining children descended to each world and began creating the orders that would rule over the worlds. The world with the daughter was sealed, the younger brother made gods that would strive to make the world more chaotic to strengthen her seal of chaos, while the younger daughter created spirits of nature itself to guide the humans into a more lawful path strengthening the elder sons seal of law. Before long however the two worlds began dieing, so the Creator became the belt of mana linking the two worlds together and sending an endlessly replenishing loop of magic and life to both worlds. (sort of like a bicycle chain)

The actual stories that take place in these worlds are thousands of years after that and no one but the gods and spirits know that this happened. I did think about a story arc that woudl link the two together again, and I was thinking about a demonic world that formed in between the two worlds, but those aren't really fleshed out and I never really wanted the two worlds coming back together anyway.

Sorry If that's a little long and it only explained the origin story, (and also wasn't MLP related) so if you want to know more I can tell you about it. I've actually been thinking abut this universe for years now.