Ask Wind Chaser

Wind Chaser

i would like to know about you, MLP changed your life, is obvious but is there anything you miss in your "pre-brony" phase? change is good, some people thinks that old times were best, i would like to know your opinion about it

For one thing, I am absolutely addicted to MLP, so much so that my research into its subtext and my analysis of this show has warped my view of some of the other shows that I watch. Some shows I used to enjoy are quite a bit harder to watch for me now that MLP has spoiled me with so much better writing and an overall better show, and it's on my mind so much that I think about how I could be watching an MLP episode instead of whatever show I'm watching. So really, better appreciating some other cartoons that I used to enjoy before MLP blew everything away is something I kinda miss, and it really sucks to have the standard of quality of MLP warping my critical eye and hanging over me like a specter when watching something else I'd like to thoroughly enjoy.

However, MLP definitely made me more confident and optimistic, and this beautiful community that's gone up around it is part of the reason why I've become more active on the Internet throughout the past year in the first place. I've made many friends off of it and done many things I've never thought of doing before thanks to it, so there really isn't much of anything in the world I would trade it for.

Is there anything nice you can say to me?

Pinny is best pony. ;)

• Brohoof 1

For one thing, I am absolutely addicted to MLP, so much so that my research into its subtext and my analysis of this show has warped my view of some of the other shows that I watch. Some shows I used to enjoy are quite a bit harder to watch for me now that MLP has spoiled me with so much better writing and an overall better show, and it's on my mind so much that I think about how I could be watching an MLP episode instead of whatever show I'm watching. So really, better appreciating some other cartoons that I used to enjoy before MLP blew everything away is something I kinda miss, and it really sucks to have the standard of quality of MLP warping my critical eye and hanging over me like a specter when watching something else I'd like to thoroughly enjoy.

However, MLP definitely made me more confident and optimistic, and this beautiful community that's gone up around it is part of the reason why I've become more active on the Internet throughout the past year in the first place. I've made many friends off of it and done many things I've never thought of doing before thanks to it, so there really isn't much of anything in the world I would trade it for.

Pinny is best pony. ;)

It would be funny if you actually put that on your profile :P

post-28511-0-28189700-1418438754.jpg

copyright-Pin Point-2014

"All my friends, are my best friends."- Pin Point

Thanks to DJSpacer for my avatar!

Now a RisingChaos shipper

My OC: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pin-point-r7420

Ask me anything: http://mlpforums.com/topic/116218-ask-pinny-something/

(edited)

maybe this sounds as a blasphemy of my part but, do you consider MLP as a overrated show?

You are right, overrated is a bit of a touchy word to use. In my opinion MLP is not overrated, but in a better phrasing, it isn't perfect.

MLP has its share of recurring flaws, like its use of expository dialogue, the rigidity of the show's format as mandated by Hasbro, plot points forced into the show without proper buildup, sporadic implementation of continuity, and its lackluster record of male representation. But if you consider all of the reasons why this show, for all intents and purposes, almost shouldn't have been a good show to begin with (obvious toy bait and the franchise's previous track record), I'm extremely satisfied that the result is as good as it is.

What many people mainly focus on with respect to MLP is how it redefined the category of girls' shows. However, I hold it to a higher standard, encompassing all of kids' TV. It's really one of the few shows I've come across that I've termed as "the full package" in my latest review, with layered writing, identifiable characters, and a beautiful art style. I want the shows of the future to look back on MLP, look at the best things MLP did, and say, "How do we do that better?" Hopefully, among the fandom, is the next Lauren Faust, Craig McCracken, John Lasseter, or Walt Disney. I want them to see what made MLP so great and expand on that for the next generation of family TV and movies.

Edited by Wind Chaser

Do you like Nightmare Moon?

King Sombra is better.

There, I said it.  :proud:

whats your personal opinion about the fandom, and i mean genrally?

The fandom, like any other large group, has its good parts, and its bad parts. Every experience is different, but the most educated of us knows where to find the best in this fandom, and we are justly rewarded by seeing some of the best this fandom has to offer -- labors of love unparalleled in quantity or quality, and the best friends that can be found anywhere online.

For all the drama and idiocy that goes on in some subsets in the fandom, they are always the vocal minority. The best this fandom has to offer is residing on sites like MLP Forums, and I've never been prouder to be a part of it than when I've been on this site.

• Brohoof 1

can you name 4 pros and cons of the fandom?

I'll try my best.

The good parts:

-The sheer amount of great fan content.

-The interaction between the fans and the show staff.

-The general civility and friendliness of most fans in comparison to other communities I've been a part of.

-The overall positive, happy messages promoted here.

The bad parts:

-Like many fandoms, there is an underbelly of explicit and unsavory content that you do not want to come across unintentionally, and harms the image of the fanbase.

-Poor response to dramas and controversies, often met with an undue amount of passion and rage.

-Some fans who are egocentric and only believe in their interpretation of show concepts, including fanboys who are obssessive over their favorite character.

-Some lower-quality fan content which gives the fandom a bad name.

lets imagine am a bully and i say that MLP is a show for little girls and is weird a guy watch it, what would be your response?

I calmly downvote the post, report it if it is offensive enough, and do not feed the troll.

okay now lets picture am a non brony, what you think is the best way to introduce me into the fandom?

I ask what your favorite cartoon outside of MLP is, or what you are looking for in a good cartoon, then demonstrate how MLP defies convention. Also based on the person's personality, I will suggest a good first episode to watch. Much of the time I would think of directing you to either "Pinkie Pride" or a Discord episode because of the guest stars' name recognition, saying that if it was good enough for them, it'll be good enough for anyone.

what is for you a "hardcore Brony"?

Sits in their room all day surrounded by ponies, doing nothing but watching ponies, going on pony sites, making pony art, wearing pony shirts, nothing but ponies everywhere.

Pinny. I invented Pinny. :D

Just like how Base invented Boom? :P

post-28511-0-28189700-1418438754.jpg

copyright-Pin Point-2014

"All my friends, are my best friends."- Pin Point

Thanks to DJSpacer for my avatar!

Now a RisingChaos shipper

My OC: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pin-point-r7420

Ask me anything: http://mlpforums.com/topic/116218-ask-pinny-something/

Just like how Base invented Boom? :P

I guess so. I didn't really know you all that well when you were Boom. When you were Edzilla I called you Zilla. :)

I'm not coming up with a nickname for "Princess of the Moon". I'm sorry to be blunt with you, but it's too much of a generic Luna username for me to do anything creative with it. :(

can you rate my signatures?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

rate them and why ^^

If I had to rank them, from favorite to least favorite, it would be 3, 1, 7, 6, 4, 5, 2.

The best ones are animated, making for good attention grabbers, and have a great combination of color that really accentuates the character and also helps to grab attention.

If I had to rank them, from favorite to least favorite, it would be 3, 1, 7, 6, 4, 5, 2.

The best ones are animated, making for good attention grabbers, and have a great combination of color that really accentuates the character and also helps to grab attention.

thank you! tell me, are you interested in learn flash someday?

thank you! tell me, are you interested in learn flash someday?

To be honest, not really. I'd rather support any open-source software that not only seeks the same function as Flash, but is actually easy enough to use and sufficiently featured so it can supplant Flash from the market. It doesn't exist yet, but there is some stuff being worked on.

I did try to animate in the past using GIMP and Movie Maker. However, it took a long time and did not produce as good of a result as professional programs, just as one would expect.