Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can an OC be human? (Critique on my human OC)

TheSwooceMaster

I know it's kind of a dodgy question, but I was wondering if human OCs could be plausible options? And to be intricate, my human OC is not based on the human personality types from Equestria Girls. Rather, my human is based off of my own personality type and has some REALLY radical personality traits which would make it seem... out of place, in the MLP universe. I'm still working out those kinks, and I am writing out a backstory. I, of course don't have a set appearance for him, but I have made some loose concept art, and would like to know if this is something worth pursing in the area of OC creation. Thank you to all who can help with some input! 

• Brohoof 2

An OC is an Original Character, so any character you make up, whatever the species, would be an OC. There aren't any other requirements for an OC besides that, but most RPs I don't think would let you use a human OC. And if you're creating it for a fan fiction, if you base it off your own personality, it's going to be a self-insert, and I very much doubt you'll be able to write a self-insert that's worth reading.

• Brohoof 2

An OC is an Original Character, so any character you make up, whatever the species, would be an OC. There aren't any other requirements for an OC besides that, but most RPs I don't think would let you use a human OC. And if you're creating it for a fan fiction, if you base it off your own personality, it's going to be a self-insert, and I very much doubt you'll be able to write a self-insert that's worth reading.

Thank you for your input. This OC, like any other, will include some of my own personality traits, to make it more unique and befitting. And since my character is in a fan fiction and of course is not canon, I think I'll take my chances with a self-insert.