Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Patreon tips?

SilverStarApple

I've thought about it for a long time, but... I've decided to finally make a patreon.

And now... I'm not really sure what to offer. I've seen fanfic writers get paid for every 10,000 words, I've seen musicians get paid for every song or cover they make, I've seen artists get paid for every image they make... And I've seen talentless youtube trash get paid more than all of them for churning out uninspired "Top seven X" "The five worst Xs ever" clickbait videos, even though they clearly already have top-of-the-range equipment and no need for supporters.

The thing is... I have a lot of skills. I can do vector art, videos, let's plays, stories, mugen characters, and I'm currently working on an indie game that will blow the minds of all who play it, a game that needs to exist and has always needed to exist. And a series of brony vids. I'm also a good singer, even though my current mic is awful when it comes to recording that. And to top it all off, I'm working on music.

I don't know what to say I'm offering. I don't know what to give away to my fans, save a few top-tier things I thought of.

Edit: I can also make Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim mods.

Edited by SilverStarApple

What made my patreon such a hit was that fact that I 1up'd the competition.

He did a raffle a week. - I did 2 raffles in a week.

He did a YCH bid. - I did a pack of 5 YCH (Your character here)

Patreon is in turn a business and needs to be treated as such... You offer something your opponent doesn't and you deliver where they didn't.

With my Patreon money i bought a new 60K truck..So there is potential if you work hard everyday on your business.

GOOD LUCK!!

With my Patreon money i bought a new 60K truck..So there is potential if you work hard everyday on your business.

wow. What do you do to get that kind of money?

wow. What do you do to get that kind of money?

Pretty much became a full time employee to my patreons.

Several behind the counter deals were struck and half which im sure were illegal. But I digress...

NSFW is a lucrative route in any fandom. It's like being a day trader! Theres money in it; just gotta know where to look.

You have "skills", but how good are those skills? I can draw, sing, dance and write stories but that doesn't mean they are great.

Its quite simple actually. Decide what you're best at and then decide how much you love doing that thing. If you don't see yourself doing it for a living then cut it and get to the next one. When you find something you're really good at and really love doing that's what you should do.

Don't do something just because you're good at it. I am good at planing and managing things, but that doesn't mean i would like to work as a manager for a living.

Edited by Ken